The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 30th, 2024

Today is International Podcast Day, International Translation Day, and National Love People Day

And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Meal Suggestion for today - Cheesy Ground Beef & Cauliflower Casserole
Drink of the Day - Spiderman
Wine of the Day - Vandal Gonzo Combat Rouge
Destination of the Day - Cape Horn and Drake Passage

Today in History:
1846 Anesthetic ether is used for the 1st time, by American dentist Dr William Morton who extracts a tooth
1950 Radio's "Grand Ole Opry" is broadcast on TV for 1st time
1980 Ethernet specifications published by Xerox working with Intel and Digital Equipment Corporation

Ship Locations

Eurodam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Explorer

Juneau, Alaska   1230-2200

Koningsdam --- 7 days, round-trip Alaska Inside Passage

Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska   0900-0930

Juneau, Alaska   1331-2230

Nieuw Amsterdam --- 5 days, one-way from Vancouver to San Diego

At Sea Destination San Francisco, California eta 10-02

Nieuw Statendam --- 14 days, one-way from Civitavecchia-Rome to Piraeus-Athens

Rhodes, Greece   0700-1500

Noordam --- 14 days, one-way from Vancouver to Yokohama

At Sea Destination Sitka, Alaska eta 10-01

Oosterdam --- 11 days, round-trip Venetian Dalmatian Delight

At Sea Destination Korkula, Croatia eta 10-01

Rotterdam --- 14 days, round-trip Jewels Of The Baltic

Oslo, Norway   0700-1400

Volendam --- 7 days, one-way from Boston to Montreal

Halifax, Nova Scotia   1000-1800

Zaandam --- 51 days, round-trip Tales Of The South Pacific

San Diego, California   0700-1700

Zuiderdam --- 7 days, one-way from Quebec City to Boston

At Sea Destination Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada eta 10-01

Eastern Hemisphere

Westerdam --- 53 days, round-trip Majestic Japan

At Sea Destination Nagasaki, Japan eta 10-02

image.thumb.png.cff5ae700b33909a3b3909408d4075da.png

image.thumb.png.422fbeb191aa0f712781086807e905f4.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 30

Today’s Care List:

Rafinmd (Roy) in acute care for heart issues, med changes, hopefully to rehab today

Ottahand7’s DB Nick in rehab, doing better

StLouisCruisers with a health issue, upcoming biopsy

Kazu with items missing from move, vision problems and leg pain

Hoping Nickelpenny is ok

RIP Kris Kristofferson

Heat, Fires and Storms across the US. Those in the path of Helene

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck’s vascular issues, cancer (immunotherapy), pain

JazzyV with leg swelling and discomfort

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage JazzyV (Vanessa)!

Vict0riann’s DH Pat post heart valve replacement 9/24, now home

Kazu moved into new home

Cruising-along in Yellowstone

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

TAW1963 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer, Haljo1935 (Eurodam to Oct 5) 7d Alaska Explorer – celebrating 35th anniversary, Doobieb (Oosterdam to Oct 10) 11d Venetian & Dalmation Delight, JazzyV (Celebrity Eclipse to Oct 11) 11d Boston, Maine & Canada, Richwmn (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan, Seasick Sailor (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan – celebrating her birthday and their 33rd wedding anniversary, USN59-79 (Westerdam to Oct 24) 53d Majestic Japan and Gail & Marty sailing away (Rotterdam to Oct 27) 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 32

Good morning friends!  The weather report here this morning is it's 62F and clear.  High today will be 81 with a sunny morning and partly cloudy afternoon.  I'll need to say goodbye to my neighbors Paul and Brenda as their closing on their home is today.  They will leave in their motorhome and do some traveling as they consider where they would like to build/buy a home.  I'll miss my chatty neighbor Brenda and wish them well! 

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today’s Fleet Report and Daily information.  Very good days to recognize this morning as well as a nice quote.  I would try the casserole but probably not a Spiderman cocktail.  I had to look up the wine and see it's a red so will skip it and send over to Gerry @ger_77. 🍷 Hurray for the first use of ether to pull a tooth, the Grand Ole Opry and Ethernet. 🎉

To Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard thanks so much for the food and beverage reports today.♥️

Prayers for Roy, Chuck and Annie, Tana and Terry, Vanessa, Ann and Pat, Nancy’s DB Nick, Melisa and her DH, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Jacqui, Jane and her DS, Elizabeth, Dixie, Debbie and Carol and Sam and anyone I may have forgotten. 🙏 Special prayers for my DB, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still being held and our military members on ships and bases overseas.🙏  Congratulations to all celebrating a special event, cruising or preparing to cruise.  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for our Care and Celebration lists.  Hope your embarkation day on Celebrity Eclipse goes smoothly and you have a great sail away!🚢

The port of the day is Cape Horn and Drake Passage.  This would have been the port before on Dec. 19, 2021, Sept. 16, 2022 and Feb. 11, 2023.  Here are the links from those dates.  I only have a couple of photos I’ve posted in the past so you’ll have to endure looking at them again.  Lol

Have a great last day of September.  Stay safe and keep well!

Bon Voyage Vanessa!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

• Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Today's destination is two fold.  Been to Cape Horn three times and across Drake Passage two cruises.  Always an adventure and one I wouldn't miss.   Here's a photo from the 2015 Ruby Princess Cape Horn visit.  There were some moments of fog dissipating.  2/26/2015

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ7jJyM2mvKgH6kSI4fmS7k?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1427215997

And two photos from the Seabourn Quest crossing of Drake Passage.  At first it was rough and windy and then I have photos 4-6 hours later of blue skies and calmer waters.  Early morning.  12/27/2016

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLS9spsAZqwui4inxZJaBMc?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1485042275

Mid-afternoon, perfect!

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKgmIHHeFQdT75LIAeFNofu?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484527543

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJtYLRezlTjUctr6mARSL2R?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1484527551

The third cruise we saw Cape Horn and crossed the Drake on Coral Princess in January 2020.  I didn't take as many photos but here are a few.  

Leaving Antarctica and heading north to Stanley, Falkland Islands.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
clarification
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 10

Good morning from a cool 50°F and cloudy North East England.

Thank you Sandi for today FR&D.

3 important days and quote in different ways.

Yes to the beef casserole.

Never been to today's port.

Some important history days today.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a lovely day.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Spiderman cocktail:

Introducing the "Spiderman" cocktail - a vibrant and spirited libation that pays homage to the iconic web-slinger himself. This cocktail is a thrilling fusion of tropical flavors, combining the fruity punch of raspberry liqueur with the zesty tang of citrus and the kick of rum. With its striking red color and a medley of flavors that dance on the palate, the Spiderman cocktail is the ideal choice for those seeking an adventurous and visually captivating journey in mixology. Whether enjoyed as a heroic toast at a themed gathering or as a personal indulgence, this concoction promises a taste experience that swings into action with every sip.
Ingredients:
1/2 oz. cointreau liqueur
1/2 oz. lime juice
1 oz. white rum
1/2 oz. Cranberry juice
1 oz. chambord
Directions:
In a shaker with ice cubes pour in the raspberry liqueur, light rum, triple sec, fresh lime juice, and cranberry juice.
Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to combine the ingredients and chill the mixture.
Strain the cocktail into a chilled martini or rocks glass filled with ice and garnish with a lime wheel or a raspberry for a heroic touch(optional).

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 6.50.46 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 18

Happy Monday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

My final week of work. I have a chiropractor appointment and a meeting this evening. Most of the day will be spent grading the past weeks assignments and discussions. I do have some last-minute stuff to do like getting my car inspected as I won't have time later in October. Once I come back from the cruise, I then drive to Harrisburg for a conference that I am presenting at. Busy October. This time next week I will be flying to Quebec. 

Bon Voyage @JazzyV!

Kitten Travel card | Affirmations Publishing House

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Monday Cat - Imgflip

• Like 32
  • Haha 4

Things are going well in Rome since Ashley and Chris picked up their luggage at the airport Sunday morning.  They spent the day sightseeing and going to a pasta cooking class.  They saw the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, and Pantheon.  They walked off the pasta they ate at their cooking class with 9 miles of steps.  

Today is a visit to the Vatican and they're very excited!

• Like 32
  • Thanks 5

Welcome to your day!!  

Thank you for the Reports!

The casserole might be great???

Spiderman Cocktail sounds promising...

Combat Rouge???

Drake Passage -- on my bucket list!!

I've read "The Little Prince" in both French and English -- a story I always enjoy.

Have a wonderful day!!!

• Like 29

Good morning to all.

Thank you to Sandi @StLouisCruisers for the Daily and Fleet Report.  

Thank you to Vanessa @JazzyV for the Cares and Celebration List.  You are amazing to post on the day of your cruise.

Thank you to the F&B Ladies—Debbie @dfish Ann @cat shepard and Dixie @summer slope.  You all keep us fed and hydrated with the most interesting meals and libations.  Wish I had the energy to prepare these wonderful recipes

Prayers for all on the list and others—Sandi @StLouisCruisers, I hope you get that biopsy soon,  Vanessa @JazzyV I hope your leg pain does not hurt too much and you are able to enjoy your cruise. Terry @smitty34877and Tana, you are always in my prayers, Jacqui @kazu hope you find your lost items and your health items, cataracts and leg pain are resolved soon. Roy @rafinmd, I hope you get to Rehab today and start on the road to recovery.  @ottahand7 hope your DB is doing better.  Prayers for Carol @mamaofami and Sam as well.  Annie, @marshhawk I think of you often as you care for Chuck.  We are in similar situations and I understand what you are going through.  I pray for all of our Dailies.  Sorry if I left out any one.

Today we have two appointments.  Jim has to go back to the dentist for a consultation regarding the questionable tooth.  His regular dentist is back and will determine whether he needs to have the tooth extracted.  Then we have to go across the street for my ophthalmologist.  I am going to call this morning to see if Jim can be seen this afternoon as well, since his eye appointment is on Wednesday afternoon.  

Hopefully we will then have an early dinner before going home.

We feel very blessed that we had no damage from Hurricane Helene.  We only had some fallen branches and some debris in our yard. That was it.  

Cheers to all who are cruising and celebrating. 

Have a good day everyone,

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 33
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi & Rich! We had a few showers yesterday afternoon, but otherwise a great day. Got a lot details taken care of for my Egypt trip. The last big thing will be airport transportation and I’ve reached out to a company to start that process. 

Vanessa, hope all went well on your travels to Boston & the leg wrap behaves and works its magic. Thank you for not missing a beat when traveling. Bon Voyage!

Gym, Bindi walks, chores, moving my donation boxes to the garage in readiness for tomorrow’s pick up and maybe some pool time. 

IMG_3508.jpeg.9e30e7f86c45c0a0ec852b226a181cf0.jpeg

IMG_3522.jpeg.785279066cb59725bcc4418d6de519b3.jpeg

IMG_3521.jpeg.ea115ed3e5ab95e9cf46e58ac5dc4428.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Prayers for Tana, Terry & DB, Roy, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Jacqui, Sandi & DB, Nancy’s DB, Nick, Elizabeth, Dixie, Bonnie, Jane & Tony, Ann & Pat,  Terri & Jim and all our caregivers.

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Vandal Gonzo Combat Rouge

What a great name! One distributor described this wine as a light & fruity red blend. It is a unique combination of grapes. I would love a taste. A decent number of distributors with prices ranging between $20 - $30, though I found one distributor offering it on sale for $11.97.

Distributor notes

Region:  Marlborough
Grape:  Pinot NoirSyrah/ShirazViognier

Vandal Wines was set up by three unnamed, masked Marlborough winemakers as an escape from the restrictions of their day jobs. Field blend from a single vineyard in the Southern Valleys of Marlborough. 50% whole cluster fermentation Only hand plunged once during fermentation. Small batch pressed. 6 months aging on full yeast lees. Natural (wild) fermentations (Alcohol and 100% malo lactic fermentation). Unfined and unfiltered. Supple and cloudy with nice sweet, alluring, spicy raspberry and cherry fruit. No sulphites until bottling. There’s a juicy, grippy edge to the fruit with some nice spicy hints.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 6

Good morning. Yesterday we got some things done with a couple of naps in between. Today we have more unpacking and being Monday it’s laundry day.

It’s is nice being back in the comfort of our home that we have lived in since 1995. We have no more travel plans this year other then maybe a trip over to daughters house near Jacksonville. Everyone is watching what may be more hurricane threats. It’s 69 this morning so hope we can get the Gulf cooled down and end this hurricane season. 

Have a great week. Vanessa enjoy your cruise and healing to those in need. B.

image.jpeg.c033c12a277e8bc29620fa85d08ff326.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f1218ec62d9ecb9033db1ae2953f2579.jpegimage.jpeg.b1e3262ed1a83779d43eadbfdd052916.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Haha 17

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be a nice day here in mid-Michigan with partly sunny skies and a high of 76F.  It has a been a rough couple of days here as Sue's son has been calling her and spewing a string of profanity at her.  He is mostly fueled by alcohol.  She finally blocked him for some peace. Let's hope he leaves her alone and we can get back to some peaceful living.  

Bon Voyage to @JazzyV Vanessa!  I hope you and BFF have a wonderful cruise.  

bon-voyage-card-vacation-illustration-headline-flat-mosaic-style-52335720.thumb.jpg.6b97cbd51d4d6d00e4ec9c552a8eabc3.jpg

Today's meal is quick and easy to come together and almost fits as comfort food.  It is nice and filling and low in carbohydrates.  The cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable and has many health benefits.  You can substitute broccoli for the cauliflower if you prefer.  Cheesy Ground Beef and Cauliflower Casserole

cheesygroundbeefandcauliflowercasserole1.jpg.45cc382a2e9d7548e2dc3bb1ede4d999.jpg

This next one leaves out the peppers and uses cream cheese and heavy cream to make it super creamy.   Keto Ground Beef and Cauliflower Casserole

cheesygroundbeefandcauliflowercasserole2.thumb.jpg.3c7e037440b8875ec54c013a1f378749.jpg

This one also leaves out the peppers but adds in tomatoes and onions for flavor.   Cheesy Cauliflower and Beef Casserole

cheesygroundbeefandcauliflowercasserole3.jpg.37a0097417c073433a46065cab155149.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 21

Good morning everyone. 60 degrees and foggy.  Thanks for the Daily Rich and Sandi.  I'll celebrate love people day!  A beautiful quote.  Oops hit the send button, on to a new post. 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Hi folks, RNB is back. Thanks for all the CC members who were concerned about me. Though I don’t like to share my issues publicly I have had some serious issues during the past month that limited things I could do. But now I am getting better and hopefully will start posting regularly. I prefer not to post unless I can give it my 110%! For now you can refer to me as just Plano Bob, not from Texas! 😀

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 23