Israel dropped from all 2025 itineraries

FYI. I have posted this here as the itineraries may be spread across several roll calls. This is specific to the Oosterdam Oct 2025, but may be applicable to others as well. Not unexpected.

image.png.225d3a129e9d57d509c410cc4c6f5897.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

That should not come as a surprise, listening to the news it's getting worse. Glad we got to see all those places before this. I remember spending time in Beirut when it was called the Paris of the east, a beautiful vibrant city.

1 minute ago, bigbeergut said:

As of now, the Nieuw Stantendam is headed to Egypt for the next 2 days.   HAL is one of few cruise lines going there.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t make it.

Egypt has not been dropped in the recent past, and has not been dropped for 2025. In fact, Oosterdam went from a single day visit to an overnight visit when Isreal was dropped.

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Egypt has not been dropped in the recent past, and has not been dropped for 2025. In fact, Oosterdam went from a single day visit to an overnight visit when Isreal was dropped.

When I looked the other day, there are 9 cruise ships scheduled to stop in Alexandria before the end of the year and HAL has 3 of the ships.  I’m not sure I think HAL is smarter than the other cruise lines.

2 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

When I looked the other day, there are 9 cruise ships scheduled to stop in Alexandria before the end of the year and HAL has 3 of the ships.  I’m not sure I think HAL is smarter than the other cruise lines.

Not a surprise that the conflicts are widening and escalating. Who knows what the itineraries will be next year!! 😬

Just don't get caught on an excursion, on the day that the ship has to do an emergency departure.

4 hours ago, HappyInVan said:

Not a surprise that the conflicts are widening and escalating. Who knows what the itineraries will be next year!! 😬

Just don't get caught on an excursion, on the day that the ship has to do an emergency departure.

I agree.  I’ll be on the ship to tomorrow 

1 hour ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow makes two interesting areas that ships can no longer go to. St Petersburg and now Israel.

I managed to get through the Suez Canal and to stop at St. Petersburg before they closed the door but I didn’t make it to Israel 

4 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

wow makes two interesting areas that ships can no longer go to. St Petersburg and now Israel.

And no ships are going to Cuba at the moment, correct?

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

And no ships are going to Cuba at the moment, correct?

Yes stopped after the Obama presidency I believe. Cuba wasn't an actual "war zone" but tensions with Russian navy on site regularly and uncertain political situation.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, whogo said:

Suez Canal

Suez canal transit is in the itinerary for the World Cruise 2027, we've booked a segment from Singapore to Lisbon on the Volendam. However I expect this may not happen and we may be routed around Africa, so the 29-day segment may become a 41 or 42-day segment! I'm sure HAL will decide early next year and let us know, seeing that changes to the Oosterdam has come thru 12 months ahead of the cruise date.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

When did they last sail to the Black Sea?

I did the Pacific Princess twice there in 2012 and 2013. Visited Crimea twice and never thought anything much about it. Odessa too. And did St Petersburg four times in three years 2014-2016.

Edited by Wehwalt
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbeergut said:

When did they last sail to the Black Sea?

We went to the Black Sea in 2014 on Prinsendam.  It was a wonderful cruise.  We visited Burgas, Bulgaria; Constanta, Romania; Batumi, Georgia; Trabzon and Sinop, Turkey.  We missed Yalta due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, asebastian said:

Suez canal transit is in the itinerary for the World Cruise 2027, we've booked a segment from Singapore to Lisbon on the Volendam. However I expect this may not happen and we may be routed around Africa, so the 29-day segment may become a 41 or 42-day segment! I'm sure HAL will decide early next year and let us know, seeing that changes to the Oosterdam has come thru 12 months ahead of the cruise date.

I think you mean 2026