More Sun Princess Questions

2 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Ok, thank you. If you have time would you please post the Makoto Ocean menu? 

Went there last night, very good. I only took a picture of the 8 course meal that comes with speciality booking and not the remainder of menu that was A La carte.

IMG_0621.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, rhobbkf said:

Not sure what the difference is between Ocean Now and Room service.  There is no menu on the TV for room service.  You can call room service or use the app, but aren't the choices the same?

Yes, Room Service and OceanNow is the same. I’m sorry if I caused any confusion. 

I took a screenshot of the left hand side of the menu (Photo credit belongs to  @BobandLizM). I also took a screenshot of the right hand side of the menu (Photo credit belongs to CruiseReport). I put the two photos together. Am I allowed to share the photo here of the two photos that I put together??? 

It now makes sense after seeing both sides of the menu. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I took a screenshot of the left hand side of the menu (Photo credit belongs to  @BobandLizM). I also took a screenshot of the right hand side of the menu (Photo credit belongs to CruiseReport). I put the two photos together. Am I allowed to share the photo here of the two photos that I put together??? 

fyi. Princess have a lot of the Sun Princess menus available to download from their site so you will get both pages in one file

• Thanks 2

On 10/1/2024 at 1:49 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It's October and time for me to start packing! I have a few questions if you have time to answer…

Those that have sailed on the Sun Princess did you find it to be warm or cold on the ship? I’m trying to decide if I should just bring a bunch of dresses and skirts along with a sweater or two. Would you also pack pants and jackets? 

We like to watch MUTS at night. We have never sailed in the Caribbean and are wondering if it gets cold at night like a West Coast cruise? We are sailing the Eastern and Western Caribbean if that makes a difference. Speaking of MUTS does anyone remember what newish movies are playing? 

We are really looking forward to the Sun Princess! Thank you for your helpful replies. 

@MsSoCalCruiser We are currently half way across the Atlantic on the way to Ft. Lauderdale.  The outdoor temperature today was 80 degrees.  I don’t think they air condition any of the stateroom corridors, because when you step out of your stateroom, it feels as though you were out on the pool deck.  Those of us wanting a one of the best seats in The Arena, need to be there 1-1/2 hours or more prior to the show.  The past few days, while waiting to get into The Arena, the sweat was coming off my forehead, because it was so hot/humid in the public area outside of the Arena.  Once in the Arena, it was a little cooler.  Unless you are someone who is cold when the temperature is above 75 degrees, I doubt you will need anything but short sleeves while the ship is in the Caribbean.

Dr. J

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, cruisedoctor said:

@MsSoCalCruiser We are currently half way across the Atlantic on the way to Ft. Lauderdale.  The outdoor temperature today was 80 degrees.  I don’t think they air condition any of the stateroom corridors, because when you step out of your stateroom, it feels as though you were out on the pool deck.  Those of us wanting a one of the best seats in The Arena, need to be there 1-1/2 hours or more prior to the show.  The past few days, while waiting to get into The Arena, the sweat was coming off my forehead, because it was so hot/humid in the public area outside of the Arena.  Once in the Arena, it was a little cooler.  Unless you are someone who is cold when the temperature is above 75 degrees, I doubt you will need anything but short sleeves while the ship is in the Caribbean.

Dr. J

Perfect, let the packing begin. Thank you, Dr. J 😊

Well, perfect except for the lines for the shows and the hot/humid indoor areas. 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

@dides I’m lousy at this. How do I post the sides both together? Help me @dides 🤣🤣🤣

sorry - time zone differences so only just seen this, I used snippet and paint to combine the Princess PDF pages into a single image - does that help?

image.thumb.png.b80fe400de4255ce3f7bdcb2dc1d1796.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dides said:

sorry - time zone differences so only just seen this, I used snippet and paint to combine the Princess PDF pages into a single image - does that help?

I thought I read somewhere that some of those menus would change once it gets to Ft. Lauderdale.  Some thought the Catch menu would have more after the move.

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I thought I read somewhere that some of those menus would change once it gets to Ft. Lauderdale.  Some thought the Catch menu would have more after the move.

Yes the Catch will be changing to the standard menu according to reports from a passenger on the TA.

Note that Princess doesn't have the smaller Catch menu on their Sun Princess site however.

Edited by dides
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dides said:

image.thumb.png.b80fe400de4255ce3f7bdcb2dc1d1796.png

@dides thank you so much! I don’t know if it’s because I have an old iPad but I have so many problems with PDF files. Or maybe it’s just because I have no idea what I’m doing, ha ha.  This is perfect! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser
  • Like 1

These appear to be menu items off the "specialties" list.  Not the omakase courses.  Looks like soy-glazed chicken along with bowl of fried rice along with seaweed salad.  Not sure of the others.  Regardless, it looks amazing. I just put down a reservation for us in January.  Can't wait!!

• Like 2