The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday October 6th, 2024

Good afternoon, everyone.

I spoke too soon about side effects from the vaccines yesterday.  They were slower making their appearance in me than in Sue.  I think I will sleep just fine without any sleep aids tonight.

@marshhawk Pick the doctor that is most receptive to you and ask them to initiate palliative care for Chuck.  There is no need to let him suffer with pain and the help they will give you both is enormous.   As for sleeping, I try to cleanse my mind of the bad stuff and imagine I am at the aft of a BHB watching the wake.  That  usually does it, but it hasn't this past week.  I guess the situation with Sue's son has me more on edge than I thought.

I have a correction in baby Abraham's birth weight.  DB Bill, the proud grandpa, was trying to convert grams to pounds.  He first came up with 100 pounds for the baby, but knew that couldn't be right.  So he made it 10 pounds.  Abraham weighed in at 6 pounds 9 ounces.  We will be giving Bill remedial lessons on metric conversions.  

Keeping all our Florida Dailyites in my thoughts and hope everyone is safe from Milton.  We are thankful that DN Lizzy and her DH moved back to Michigan from the Sarasota area.  I'm sure they are happy about that, too!

Almost time for bed.  I never got dressed today so I am ready.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

Good sunny afternoon. I just read a heartbreaking post from a 911 dispatcher in western North Carolina. The post is on the FB page of Fire wire of Cape May County by Kathy Pritchett. 💔

@StLouisCruisersSandi, good luck with your biopsy tomorrow 🤞

I am also thinking about your Morgan and hoping she is planning to evacuate now. It looks like the Tampa Bay Area will be hit by a Cat 3 on Tuesday night and Wednesday. The storm will cross Florida and then into the Atlantic.

To all our Florida daily family, stay safe.❤️🙏

I texted Morgan and she said her car will be parked in a parking garage and she will stay at work at the Florida Aquarium where she will be safe.  Everything in her apartment will be put up high, or as much as possible in case of storm surge reaching her apartment complex.  She was told she is always welcome here though it's a pretty far drive.  Let's hope things are better than predicted.  Thinking positive again.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cunnorl said:

To all my Florida friends, please be safe. Looks like the next few days will be rough. Just be careful, dont panic and be sensible. We have all been thru this before. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers and hope our damage is minimal.

You too, Charlene. I am concerned about our Dailyites on the West Coast. @St Pete Cruiser my factual, low key, non-hype weather guru is watching your area closely. Especially the storm surge. The storm’s path is going to be so important. 

For me, too, but it might have at least slowed down a bit by the time it reaches me. 

Charlene - my email is: annge3@gmail.com. I about 90 minutes North of you folk. And rarely am I an evacuation zone. And I have a whole house generator. Tuck that away for reference. 

Be safe. 

Ann

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good evening, had another busy day today! 

@grapau27Hope you had a great anniversary day today! 

@Cruzin Terrihoping you have good memories of you DD DBIL today.

To all in the path of Milton...be safe. Lots of prayers for you.  I read earlier that many people don't have a useable car to evacuate now, how sad and scary.  

Thanks for sharing and all of the nice photos today!  K

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from Westerdam on the Pacific Ocean approaching Iwo Jima for Scenic Cruising.  It has been a wonderful cruise so far and I sincerely thank those who have kept the Daily going.

There are several CC members on board. Prior to this cruise I already knew @Seasick Sailor from previous cruises. A couple of days ago I met @REOVA and yesterday @jettaleea but I have yet to meet @USN59-79 and I think there may be one or two more. If anyone is interested in meeting the others, how about on the 10th. I am open to any time or place.

Now back to your regular programming

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Thanks for posting the HAL Fleet locations.

Dunedin and area update:

The state of Emergency was lifted at 4 pm yesterday.

146.4 mm of rain fell in 48 hours.

11 houses have been red stickered from landfall.

Multiple landfall slips.

Main trunk railway line closed.

Dozens of roads closed .

Conserve and boil water notices remain in place for some  areas.

Sunshine again today, helps with the recovery.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 16

17 hours ago, erewhon said:

Dunedin and area update:

Multiple landfall slips.

Dozens of roads closed .

Oh my glory, I'm so sorry to hear of your area being flooded. Hoping the sunshine helps clear it up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Dunedin and area update:

Multiple landfall slips.

Dozens of roads closed .

Happy to hear your safe. Bruce

• Like 7