Live: Majestic Princess Oct 10-12 - Another Cheeky Little Getaway

ceilidh1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, memoak said:

To us Harmony felt like Panda Express food. Not much spice or flavor. If you go to the catch along with the food check the patter for what music is in the piazza. Yesterday it went from piano music to 80’s rock night and was so loud you couldn’t even have a conversation 

Same spot on opinion of Harmony. We read the reviews how special the dining experience was. That was pretty pandemic. Majestic called So Cal home for a few months after the pause, so we've sailed a lot on her. Ate at Harmony in late 2021 and one of our kids said we should ask to see the kitchen as it's probably an assembly line Panda Express. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Details? We want to know what not to order.

I cannot tell you as we did not have anything that thought was over average 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Same spot on opinion of Harmony. We read the reviews how special the dining experience was. That was pretty pandemic. Majestic called So Cal home for a few months after the pause, so we've sailed a lot on her. Ate at Harmony in late 2021 and one of our kids said we should ask to see the kitchen as it's probably an assembly line Panda Express. 

Millions of people eat at panda express, btw.  We found it far superior.  Ymmv, apparently.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

20 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Crown grill is same ole same ole reliable.  We always order veal chop, and it's dependable.  Everyone has different opinions.

48 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's the medallion clip that comes with the upgraded package. I do use it as I prefer the clip to the lanyard, but really there is no need for more than one...ever...

Thought you were avoiding Princess since the demise of the exalted Matt O???  Why the Change of heart?

6 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Thought you were avoiding Princess since the demise of the exalted Matt O???  Why the Change of heart?

No, I was avoiding Princess since the disastrous app and demise of their product. I will sail them if dates and pricing line up but I now sail many other lines, too. Princess used to be my ride or die. Not now. We fell out of love. 

Matt O is doing great on Windstar now...

• Like 4

I feel like I should have done this before now but, having never sailed Majestic, I'm now perusing deck plans. No Wheelhouse Bar on here - or did just miss it? Good Spirits is deck 6 rather than 5? That's different...No deck pizza? Does Ocean Terrace have sushi (like on Discovery)? Look at me - it's like I'm a newbie all over again. I have no idea how I've been sailing Princess this long and not sailed Majestic...

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I feel like I should have done this before now but, having never sailed Majestic, I'm now perusing deck plans. No Wheelhouse Bar on here - or did just miss it? Good Spirits is deck 6 rather than 5? That's different...No deck pizza? Does Ocean Terrace have sushi (like on Discovery)? Look at me - it's like I'm a newbie all over again. I have no idea how I've been sailing Princess this long and not sailed Majestic...

On the Majestic pretty sure you can get (free) pizza in the buffet everyday. 

Edited by paddingtonbear

3 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Crown grill is same ole same ole reliable.  We always order veal chop, and it's dependable.  Everyone has different opinions.

The meal in question was Catch, and I was asking the person who ate there.

Why are you talking about Crown Grill?

12 hours ago, memoak said:

I cannot tell you as we did not have anything that thought was over average 

Shrimp dish swimming in oil, tasteless calamari, pasta swimming in sauce with tasteless scallops and no shrimp. 3 people ate and we all left without dessert because we were so disappointed 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

No Crooners, no no Wheelhouse, no lido pizza, sushi is done as a pop up. On the plus side very good Vines  and Crown Grille bar. Some of my favorite bartenders are on here but a few are departing in Seattle. 

Edited by memoak

2 minutes ago, memoak said:

No Crooners, no no Wheelhouse, no lido pizza, sushi is done as a pop up

No Crooners either? Oh dear. I hope Good Spirits lives up to expectations as it t looks as if I will be spending a lot of time there…

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Sadebud said:

Also looking forward to shenanigans again!  Bon Voyage and safe travels

I’m not sure my body can handle any more shenanigans! I need full blown detox after this cruise!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

No Crooners either? Oh dear. I hope Good Spirits lives up to expectations as it t looks as if I will be spending a lot of time there…

We have avoided Good Spirits since day 2 after being ignored about them not splitting our plus package drinks instead of them dumping all on one package and serving a Sambucca up in a water glass. We have been using bar Piazza, Vines, Crown Grille bar and Double Down bar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, memoak said:

I have to say we have been on the Majestic and the only specialty restaurant I can recommend is Crown Grille. Our meal at  the Catch last night was so bad they refunded our cover charge

Wow, that's surprising. The Catch on Enchanted was outstanding!

12 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

It's the medallion clip that comes with the upgraded package. I do use it as I prefer the clip to the lanyard, but really there is no need for more than one...ever...

Thank you! This is what I thought but the boxes seem big for such small items.  I agree.  I reuse my accessories.  I definitely would not need three ever.. lol

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

Thank you! This is what I thought but the boxes seem big for such small items.  I agree.  I reuse my accessories.  I definitely would not need three ever.. lol

At this point, I am the proud owner of 7 since I've received one on every previous Premiere package sailing, too. So weird.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I’m not sure my body can handle any more shenanigans! I need full blown detox after this cruise!

I feel your pain.I got off a 7 day cruise yesterday. I’m in a full blown detox and no carb week.Dang espresso martinis!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

You're not celebrating Sober October? Perhaps Hungover October.

• Haha 2

On 10/6/2024 at 6:57 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I know you're joking, but I did actually rethink getting it started a whole 4 days beforehand...

I think you should start your December one when you get back!

• Haha 7