Aqua Class embarkation day lunch

LizzGo

Posted (edited)

You can dine in Oceanview Cafe or if you want to avoid the mayhem, you can go to Sushi on 5.  Concierge class along with Zeniths and Retreat Guests can dine in their designated MDR's.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

Concierge gets embarkation day lunch in MDR and all other meals.  Blu does not have serve lunch any day but you get breakfast & dinner in Blu every day.  I’ll forego 1 MDR lunch for Bku morning & evenings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LizzGo said:

Simple question: Is there a special lunch for Aqua class on embarkation day? I believe Blu is closed, correct?

Blu only serves breakfast and dinner. We ate breakfast in Blu every morning including the last morning before disembarkation. It's a great way to start the day. 

I would like to point out that originally I had booked Concierge class and upgraded to Aqua at the last minute. When we arrived and went to the buffet I almost regretted my decision because the buffet was the typical zoo on embarkation day. Later in the week on a sea day we ate lunch in the MDR. Service was horrible. I asked for a bottle of sparkling water (we had the premium drink package) The waiter returned with a giant bottle of water and no glass. I had to drink the free water just so I would have a glass to pour the sparkling water into. I ordered the NY strip steak medium rare. It came well done and tough as leather. My wife's hamburger was the same. They made us order dessert when we ordered the meal and never came back to check on us or bring the dessert. If this is any indication of what the food and service has become in the MDR I can only sail in Aqua class now which will mean less cruises. The burgers were better at the grill and the food was better in the buffet.

Premier Access passengers also get the MDR embarkation lunch.  Not sure it's much value to Aqua Class.  I agree with the above posters to either dine at Mast Grill or pay for Sushi on Five.  

48 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I would like to point out that originally I had booked Concierge class and upgraded to Aqua at the last minute

We also upgraded to Aqua from Concierge on an upcoming cruise and as far as I know we are still entitled to Concierge lunch on embarkation day.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Provence55always said:

We also upgraded to Aqua from Concierge on an upcoming cruise and as far as I know we are still entitled to Concierge lunch on embarkation day.

No I just got back and lunch wasn't available because we had cruise cards that were marked Aqua class and Aqua color. 

Edited by Iamcruzin

1 hour ago, Provence55always said:

Sadly, no.  You won’t be on the list of lunch attendees once you move to Aqua

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Provence55always said:

That seems unfair since we paid for Concierge and then paid to upgrade to Aqua during the MoveUp🤷‍♀️. Ah well we will have to battle for lunch somewhere😊

I checked the price of the move up which was $210 each for the lowest bid. Before I bid I did a mock booking to see what rooms were left in Aqua class, found one I liked and called Celebrity to see how much to up grade. It only cost me $88 total with tax to up grade both of us. Basically I paid the difference between the Prime Concierge class room I booked and the current price of a Prime Aqua class room. That bidding system is the biggest scam they have. It's right up there with Park West Art Auction. Every time I check the lowest bid it would have been cheaper to book the higher category to begin with. It's run by a third party that must be paid by commission from the bids.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1