The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday October 9th, 2024

Happy Wednesday! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Its Cruise Day! All set. We get to the port at 11:00. I will be posting pictures on my live in the NCL forum. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

It's Wednesday Have a great day! - Overly Attached Cat | Make a Meme

• Like 34
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

As a white wine drinker, you just might like this wine. It's a white (not sweet) Austrian wine. Can be quite nice...........haven't had this particular one, but several others and I'm a NZ Sauvignon Blanc drinker mostly.

Thanks for your input.  It might be just right for me!

4 minutes ago, seagarsmoker said:

@DeniseT Bon Voyage.  Have a great time!

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, you are in our thoughts for biopsy results that are in your favor.

@rafinmd Roy, I'm glad you are making progress! 

Thank you so much Jody!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, everyone!

Slept ok last night, waking up a few times, but I was able to get back to sleep.  I'm heading to the gym this morning.  Other than that, nothing much is planned for today.  I rechecked my emails and all the different folders and still nothing about a rental car in Hilo.  Maybe I didn't put the reservation through.  Who knows.  There is no charge on any credit card, so I'm not too worried. I'll work on that today.  

@Haljo1935 It was so good to hear from you.  Sorry about the lost phone, but I hope you enjoyed your cruise otherwise.  We were getting worried.  

@Denise T Enjoy every minute of your cruise!   I hope you have a fantastic time.

@StLouisCruisers Still worrying about Morgan, but the path of Milton looks like it will be more advantageous to her.  

@St Pete Cruiser Stay safe!  We will all worry until this is over and everyone has checked in.

@kazu Hope all is well with you today!

Today's meal is a snack, not a meal.  @Mr. Boston had a great idea to use them as a topping on a salad.  The biggest difference between recipes is the type of seasoning you use on them and that is totally up to you.  You can use taco seasoning, chili seasoning, salt and pepper, Everything Bagel seasoning, etc.   Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

roastedpumpkinseeds1.thumb.jpg.dd869b5a0d362ac0788cd1fcbc1c5a81.jpg

This one has you blanch the seeds in salted water to help clean them and also to season them.  They suggest using pumpkin pie spice on them.   Easy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

roastedpumpkinseeds2.thumb.jpg.aa118876a6cc706126564a8bab3e6687.jpg

This one says no need to blanch the seeds, just make sure they are really, really dry before you put them in the oven.  There is a sweet seasoning and a savory seasoning to choose from.  

Roasting Pumpkin Seeds

roastedpumpkinseeds3.thumb.jpg.6673477a854892170e406b89ee3d2e0e.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 17

Sorry I missed yesterday...  But I'm back now that CC has everything back in order and semblance!!!

I'll toast the days to celebrate with the wine!!

I love that Benchley quote!!

And I'm planning on making my share of pumpkin seeds!!  Can never get enough of them!!!

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports Sandi.

It is light rain and 52°F.

3 interesting days.

I will pass on today's food and drink.

I hope everyone is safe and well and Bon voyage to Denise @Denise T.

Screenshot_20241005_223628.jpg

I've never seen this hull!!  What a lovely painting!!  Love those flowers!!!  Ships can be very creative!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

@dfish  I salt brine my pumpkin seeds after washing them and removing all strings and slippery-ness...  Letting them soak a day.  Then dry them on paper towels and arrange a single layer on an olive oiled cookie sheet.  The sprinkle on more salt.  Then roast in the oven.

I eat them like chips or popcorn!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 7

Posted (edited)

Good morning.  My truck that had a recall on the radio came back with it not working with Android Auto.  Android Auto would work but then the radio wouldn't.  We brought the truck in at 8 am yesterday and it wasn't fixed by 5.  I called and the idgit handling my truck said he would call back.  Never did and we kept putting off dinner.  Finally we ate. I called this morning and it still isn't done.  GM says they need to try another Android phone with it.  We are wanting to get it back because we are driving to Baltimore tomorrow and want to get it loaded.  

DB is doing ok he said they were getting him to walk yesterday.  I'll call him later today.  I had an appointment for a test yesterday and I have to return to the office again today to get the results and see if I can get my needed elective surgery.  

Prayers for everyone in Milton's path.  

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Back in the 1970s, Diet for a Small Planet mentioned pumpkin seeds as one of the ingredients that could be used to complement other incomplete proteins. Other squash seeds are similar.

Blackberry liqueurs are only slightly available in stores. According to the Internet (so it must be true) many people make blackberry liqueur at home. I drank plenty of Grüner Veltliner as a student in Austria a long time ago, but it grows very well here. Let's try the 2023 from Lamoreaux Landing, $20. "An elegant, food-friendly wine for any occasion.  Inviting and fresh on the nose with aromas of citrus and jasmine, this wine explodes on the palate with crisp acidity and intense stone fruit character. Serve this low-alcohol Steinfeder style wine with a traditional Wiener schnitzel or savor its versatility with an assortment of grilled or roasted vegetables from your spring garden."

In my sixth grade class, we all knew that the King of the Franks was Charlie Magnet.

Dentist at 10:00.

mothernature.thumb.gif.ed4d992b581f4ff262f79619a04edff2.gif

• Like 24
  • Haha 8

@StLouisCruisers Just saw a segment on the Today show about moving the animals from Tampa aquarium. The penguins looked really cute!

Will be thinking of DGD today, the track sounds a little better for her location today and she is in a newer building so fingers crossed.

Here in Broward county area we are under a tornado watch but the weather looks OK at the moment. My brothers are arriving tonight from Europe so hopefully the weather will stay OK so I can go to MIA to pick them up, otherwise UBER is our friend!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Things are snowballing around me, once again in a whirlpool of stuff that must get done.  I have not painted the bathroom yet, my hips and left knee are still in pain, and a bill collector called regarding a bill which i never received. So that has to be addressed, so sadly I will have to call out of work today, and I guess, can say I am on vacation.

Not a fan of any of the days today, But it is also Curious Events Day.  I'm ok with that. And National Beer and Pizza Day.  

We have continued to change the "vacation" one less day in Hot Springs Village, we rented an AirBnB in the village.  First time we have ever done that. Actually DH rented it, a 3 bedroom house.  Shortening it by one day we are going to extend our time in Corinth and Shiloh.  You cant absorb all that history in just one or two hours. So I need to call the hotel in Corinth and add an extra day. Need to pay the bill, need to pick up the police fraud report and copy and mail all that stuff in, clean the hours, and paint the bathroom. Also pick up some groceries to last us for the three days that we are here before we take off.

And email Dan to let him know how to pack.  or what to pack.  good walking shoes, #1.

Overload of stuff to do!

I know, breathe, just breathe.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)

Good morning. Interesting collection of days and I remember of many years after carving pumpkins, I would roast those dang seeds only to never eat them so I’ll just buy them when I want them.

Dinner was a success last night, we all ordered beef and it was very good. We went to Texas Roadhouse and it was busy busy and LOUD. I’ve not been there before so didn’t know what to expect, but between the eight birthday announcements  and the servers dancing to Boot Scootin Boogie (that wasn’t so bad), I was anxious to get out of there. Our daughter thanks you for the birthday wishes!

A few things going on today, needing to let Pat’s (across the street neighbor) housekeeper in her house since she has a doctors appointment. I thinks she’s suffering from a diverticulitis flareup, so hoping she doesn’t get hospitalized. I then need to go to an appointment with my “step dad”, we’re trying to get everything in order for him with his Trust, bank account, investments , etc., he doesn’t trust his own son to take care of his matters. I don’t mind since he was so good to my mom the seven years she suffered with colon cancer. They were together for 27 years but consciously never married. And then my rescheduled mani/pedi.

Milton has us on edge, even over here. I can’t help but worry about those affected by Helene that are going to get hit again. Someone just posted (sorry can’t remember) about  St. Augustine evacuations, Pat’s daughter and family live there and she’ll be sick with worry. Hoping for the best outcome for all affected.

Edited by ellbelle
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Good morning from a sunny but cool central Texas.  It is 60F heading to a high of 88F.  There is no wind but the humidity is 74% with a dew point of 51F.  It will be a long day since we'll be driving to Dallas for DH's routine follow up at UTSW.  On the way home, we'll stop at W-M to pickup some prescriptions and a few other items.  Roy's update will be a bit later today, but I'll post it as soon as we get home.  It's much easier to copy and past on my computer than on my phone.

I hope all our Florida Dailyites and the families of Dailyites remain safe during Milton's unwanted visit.  I also hope there is little or no damage for any of our Dailyites.

I'll honor Leif Erikson Day and nanotechnology day.  The third day is one I also don't think is appropriate here.

An interesting quote by Robert Benchley.

We'll pass on the meal (snack), drink and the wine.

Two interesting days in more ancient history to honor today.

We visited the Bay of Islands in 2002 on Volendam's APEC cruise.  I don't remember what town we tendered to that day.  According to my records, the Bay of Islands was also the port of the day on December 6, 2023, but the town was Russell.  This is the link to Rich's post that day in case anyone has pictures from Russell of the Bay of Islands.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I'm glad Morgan and her BF are in a safer place.  Safe travels tomorrow for Ashley and Christopher.  I'm sorry your DB is fighting a cold, and I hope it is short lived.  I hope you get the biopsy report soon, and that it is a good report.

@St Pete Cruiser  Stay safe and check in when you are able .

@Cruzin Terri  Terri, I hope you can get help with your knee today.  I also hope it will improve with time and some tender care.

@smitty34877  Terry, I'm sorry Tana is having so much more trouble.  You and your entire family are always in my thoughts.  I'm glad your DB is such a great help.

@aliaschief  Bruce, I'm sorry the leg is so painful from the procedure.  I hope Sue's appointment goes well.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope your area does not get the brunt of Milton, and it sounds like it won't.

@Mr. Boston  Your volunteer job sounds interesting.

@dfish  Debbie, glad you slept okay last night.  You might make a new reservation in Hilo.  If you haven't paid anything for the phantom reservation, you should probably be all right.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I hope you get your truck back soon, and it's fixed.  Safe travels tomorrow to Baltimore.

@Sea Viewer  I hope your brothers have a safe trip, and have no problems getting to Miami.  Please stay safe with Milton on his rampage.

@marshhawk  Annie, take a deep breath, figure out what is most important, do them, and let the rest wait until your return.  

@ellbelle  Cheryl, I hope Pat's daughter and family find a safe place to ride out Milton.

395705670_6441588185952670_1978465583468899619_n.jpg.4a803e1cb74d0a0c770122bc63501ab9.jpg

430829355_935219538609435_8193847603067244244_n.jpg.64067a44302a8cbe881e015a21fad96c.jpg

461815443_4067504220193134_9126469376624803551_n.jpg.e318f143cc1fca040de3eead282c9441.jpg

462177211_562487493020188_5766992540945360820_n.jpg.39c7caa101fded9e65a5a3f851cb4c8c.jpg

462190258_561822889753315_2637502722723179194_n.jpg.a7a2c71f29f3afe748d188fcf1631131.jpg

Lenda

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 14

@cat shepard 

Please use extra caution during crises… take no risks. maybe getting on a ladder to change smoke detector batteries is better done when help is more available if you were to fall. 

@Haljo1935 Sorry about your phone, what a miserable complication. So glad you’re ok! 

@StLouisCruisers I’m glad Morgan is with Rossi and in a strong structure. She’s been through too much trauma already. Our extended family here!  And your handwork is magnificent, a treasure for generations!  Waiting with you… 

@smitty34877 Glad DB is with you and Tana! Yum on the soup!  

@Cruzin Terri I hope you get some help for your knee, and no ill effects from Milton. 

@rafinmd Great progress!  Thanks for sending updates. 

I remember seeing the plaque on the floor of St Peter’s in Rome at the spot where Charlemagne was crowned in the 700s! (prior structure)  It was a very different world then with deep overlap of religious, political, monarchical, and military control.  I’d like to believe we’ve evolved but vestiges appear and are scary. 

Blessings for all in need of healing, comfort, hope, direction, protection!  I’m busy checking in with family, and my Daily family, being impacted by Milton. Keep us posted, we worry!  

We’re still working on the 6” of papers on the end of the table so we can have a family dinner tomorrow!  We’re down to about <3”.  Slow progress. 

Im SO excited for @Denise T and her sister!  Enjoy it all!  You’ve worked so hard for this and waited so long. May it be everything you hoped for and more!  

A long day and night ahead for too many!  Every blessing!  (I do not miss fire season in NM.  I feel very safe where we are in this NJ senior community, very different but no regrets. And I’m overjoyed to be within reach of family.) 

Maureen 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 3

We have been to the Bay of Islands once on the Volendam on the APEX cruise in 2002.  I posted a few pictures when Whangarei was the port last August.  Since we tendered into Paihia near Waitangi, I will post the pictures I didn't share then.  

It was cloudy in the morning when we arrived, but by the afternoon the clouds had burned off and it was a glorious day.  Once off the tender, we walked around town checking the sites and things to do.  We booked a boat tour for the afternoon and took a private drive in the country with one of the locals before the boat trip.  

These are pictures of town in the morning and in the afternoon.

IMG_2020.thumb.JPG.dc5c3b0ca8f8f0e9b2f1d671f5774b05.JPG

IMG_2049.thumb.JPG.e82b9badfc5b2725915add96c6bae30e.JPG

IMG_2050.thumb.JPG.02a932985e683a3f6dfb0f49c274b17d.JPG

IMG_2124.thumb.JPG.b2574b201d6772b83e4eaf3a81efa67a.JPG

A few pictures from our drive in the country including a stop at Haruru Falls.  We were lucky that it was in November and there was water flowing over the falls.

IMG_2032.thumb.JPG.fdd42b829c81422922fc87bae5be486f.JPG

IMG_2031.thumb.JPG.dca8415d6f2f2d77ea59e18bef8597db.JPG

IMG_2042.thumb.JPG.5c0f46f0038848bae6f16af07a5188f1.JPG

IMG_2038.thumb.JPG.7b69fed40ac1c86f108edcd10991f296.JPG

Our boat tour took us around the Bay and out to the Hole in the Rock, where we actually motored through the hole.

IMG_2078.thumb.JPG.75c99151293adadcd21c4cc5677dc97e.JPG

IMG_2104.thumb.JPG.2ada51ba873fcaebf82675b5a35748cf.JPG

IMG_2107.thumb.JPG.40cd38b25d36702e97b52c2c6e374e4d.JPG

IMG_2110.thumb.JPG.c421785ebf344db6cd9888cba1791d99.JPG

IMG_2111.thumb.JPG.1eedcd12587306fecc61369957cb911d.JPG

Volendam from the tour boat

IMG_2062.thumb.JPG.11eaeafb0c195d0449aede9908ecc19e.JPG

I'll close with the beautiful sunset as we sailed toward Auckland.

IMG_2129.thumb.JPG.97c46d5cf5723febdf65192d478257a8.JPG

Lenda

• Like 30
  • Thanks 8

Good  Morning! @St Pete Cruiser, @cunnorl, @cat shepard, @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers DGD and any one else in the path of Milton I hope you remain safe before, during and after the storm. @tupper10, @Sea Viewer I hope you stay safe also from the tornados. @wdw1972 hope your house has no or minimal damage.

We did the last load of laundry & ran the dish washer. We have been without power after hurricanes before. Need to drop refig. temp and house temp.

The shutters are up (the old corticated kind) and all but one hurricane screen is down. We don't usually put them up for a cat 1, but we have them and we had time. DH is reducing pool level again. We are getting bands of rain (1.5" this morning) with thunder but little wind. Yesterday DH checked on and helped some neighbors (most are younger than us). FPL decided to trim our massive (40' canopy) oak tree yesterday. They usually trim it once a year but they spent 5 hrs "trimming" yesterday fortunately they took most of the limbs with them (as mulch). We still have two barrels full of left over tree branches in the garage. The eye will probably go right over us, been there done that but with a lot less trees. My neighbor is on his roof blowing off pine needles and oak leaves!

Thank you for listening. We both find the waiting hard. Really, really wish we were on a BHB!

Hope everyone has good day!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 8

I am attempting to start a photo book this morning.  Since Shutterfly is trying to stuff new styles and designs down my throat I have to design my own book to match all the other ones I've made about cruises.  Loading in the colors of backgrounds, photo layout designs, embellishments takes a long time.  They need a place to click ALL when I look at my already selected Favorites.  I have to click on each individual embellishment or color of pages which takes lots of time.  Slow work!

52 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

@StLouisCruisers Just saw a segment on the Today show about moving the animals from Tampa aquarium. The penguins looked really cute!

Will be thinking of DGD today, the track sounds a little better for her location today and she is in a newer building so fingers crossed.

Here in Broward county area we are under a tornado watch but the weather looks OK at the moment. My brothers are arriving tonight from Europe so hopefully the weather will stay OK so I can go to MIA to pick them up, otherwise UBER is our friend!

Thanks for the heads up.  I looked up the video and agree the penguins sure are cute.  Didn't see Morgan in any video.  I hope everyone will be safe.  I also hope your family arrives safely and you have an enjoyable visit together!

48 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

Good Wednesday Morning Dailyites!  Things are snowballing around me, once again in a whirlpool of stuff that must get done.  I have not painted the bathroom yet, my hips and left knee are still in pain, and a bill collector called regarding a bill which i never received. So that has to be addressed, so sadly I will have to call out of work today, and I guess, can say I am on vacation.

Not a fan of any of the days today, But it is also Curious Events Day.  I'm ok with that. And National Beer and Pizza Day.  

We have continued to change the "vacation" one less day in Hot Springs Village, we rented an AirBnB in the village.  First time we have ever done that. Actually DH rented it, a 3 bedroom house.  Shortening it by one day we are going to extend our time in Corinth and Shiloh.  You cant absorb all that history in just one or two hours. So I need to call the hotel in Corinth and add an extra day. Need to pay the bill, need to pick up the police fraud report and copy and mail all that stuff in, clean the hours, and paint the bathroom. Also pick up some groceries to last us for the three days that we are here before we take off.

And email Dan to let him know how to pack.  or what to pack.  good walking shoes, #1.

Overload of stuff to do!

I know, breathe, just breathe.

Annie hopefully you get most of all that work done today.  I'm sorry your hip and knee are hurting so much, and that the bill collector called when you're at your busiest about a bill that never arrived.  Sending hugs and prayers your way.🤗

12 minutes ago, Lcubed said:

Good  Morning! @St Pete Cruiser, @cunnorl, @cat shepard, @summer slope, @StLouisCruisers DGD and any one else in the path of Milton I hope you remain safe before, during and after the storm. @tupper10, @Sea Viewer I hope you stay safe also from the tornados. @wdw1972 hope your house has no or minimal damage.

We did the last load of laundry & ran the dish washer. We have been without power after hurricanes before. Need to drop refig. temp and house temp.

The shutters are up (the old corticated kind) and all but one hurricane screen is down. We don't usually put them up for a cat 1, but we have them and we had time. DH is reducing pool level again. We are getting bands of rain (1.5" this morning) with thunder but little wind. Yesterday DH checked on and helped some neighbors (most are younger than us). FPL decided to trim our massive (40' canopy) oak tree yesterday. They usually trim it once a year but they spent 5 hrs "trimming" yesterday fortunately they took most of the limbs with them (as mulch). We still have two barrels full of left over tree branches in the garage. The eye will probably go right over us, been there done that but with a lot less trees. My neighbor is on his roof blowing off pine needles and oak leaves!

Thank you for listening. We both find the waiting hard. Really, really wish we were on a BHB!

Hope everyone has good day!

Hoping things work out well for you during this hurricane.  Stay safe!  I know what you mean about the waiting being so hard.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning from a very rainy day at the beach

The news was just broadcasting from here- never a good sign. The ocean is really angry and waves are pretty high. Port Canaveral is closed. The Hospital has been evacuated. So now we wait.

Hopefully this will pass quickly and damage is minimal. A wise old man once told me anything bought with money can be replaced but you cannot. So please everyone be safe

I have cooked everything I can, so we will eat like kings for a few days. We have a very large gas grill and my nephew just replaced the tanks so we can grill while the power is out.  

Thats it for me

Stay safe and enjoy the day

Charlene

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good morning everyone - seems like today will be a long day. Waiting for a storm is very tiresome, as my fellow Floridians know too well!

Odd to see pumpkin seeds as a meal, but who am I to judge? I'll eat carrot cake for a meal 🙂  DH ate his fill of pumpkin seeds in his baseball days. The cocktail is something I'd try - same for the wine. The port is another winner, but new to me (except virtually).

Son & his family are hunkered down in Bonita Springs - hurricane shutters up, generator ready. They're on the very outer edge of the evacuation zone and we doubt they'll have to worry about flooding way out there. That's where DH & I would have gone if we had been down there for the storm. I'll be checking in with my next door neighbor, who will likely be riding it out as well. Just hoping for the best, since there's nothing any of us can do - but we are not happy to see movement further south! Up here at work in Gainesville no real worries - in fact I hear the hotels are full of evacuees from Tampa and further south along the west coast. Good luck to people returning home afterward!

Stay safe everyone! 

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Good morning and thanks for the daily and fleet report.  I won't comment on the days but the quote gave me a chuckle.  I have roasted pumpkins seeds so many times and I do it like @LambKnuckles.  I buy pumpkins just for the seeds!!  The drink sounds very interesting but I will pass on the wine (white) and never been to NZ.  Cool about the days in history.

Woke up to cooler temps and it most likely will not hit 100F or just barely.  Maybe fall is here!  I do have a low grade fever from the covid and flu vaccine and my arm is sore.  I choose to have it in just one arm as there is no contraindication to not do so (but most people don't).  When I worked at the Health Department we used to tell people that mixing up the covid vaccine was a good thing but I don't think the long term studies bore that out (as they are both mRNAs and the efficacy is approximately the same for the 2).  So today is just a rest day; I don't feel bad at all, which is good.

I am watching the progress and prep for Milton.  I hope any dailyites in the path have either evacuated or are in a safe place and hunkered down.  

@Haljo1935 So sorry to hear about your phone but I am glad you are ok.

@Denise T Bon Voyage!!  Have a fantastic time with your sister.

Thoughts for all needing support and cheers for those celebrating.  Have a fantastic day!

Edited by Nickelpenny
correction
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LambKnuckles said:

I've never seen this hull!!  What a lovely painting!!  Love those flowers!!!  Ships can be very creative!!

Decorative painting of the hull is standard for NCL ships. Here's the one I'll be on in December.

Screenshot2024-10-09at10-49-27NorwegianGemCruiseShipNorwegianGemDeckPlansNorwegianCruiseLine.png.6f66e6f4d0a4c0cf0dd67cdf94a26d07.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

This may be our last day with power for awhile. We went to the supermarket this morning and filled up on canned items.  We will use our gas grill to make all the frozen meat and chicken we have to use if the power goes out.  Our neighbors to the right and left of us have whole house generators which make it impossible to sleep and also the smell of the propane which comes off the generators is awful, to say nothing about the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.  We will put some perishables in their refrigerator and tough it out. I am worried about my mother, who should be in assisted living, but has continually refused to move.  Her aides have made a plan to stay with her during the storm.  Luckily she is not afraid since she doesn't understand that we may have some high winds and damage from the storm.  There is nothing I can do at this point in time.  She can't come here because we don't have a hospital bed or a  power chair.  

Ironically it is still sunny out and I got my walk in this morning. I usually do deep water aerobics in the morning but our pool was closed since they let a lot of the water out.  We are not predicted to get much rain- the danger is tornadoes and the wind.  I do hope the storm weakens for everyone.

Sending healing thoughts to those in need.  @Denise T have a fabulous time on your cruise.

• Like 23
  • Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Decorative painting of the hull is standard for NCL ships. Here's the one I'll be on in December.

Screenshot2024-10-09at10-49-27NorwegianGemCruiseShipNorwegianGemDeckPlansNorwegianCruiseLine.png.6f66e6f4d0a4c0cf0dd67cdf94a26d07.png

WOW!!!  That's beautiful and creative!!!  

And, I'll be on the Carnival Dream in December...  boring hull, but love the "Whale Tale" funnel!!!

And...  @Nickelpenny  I'm not too proud and ask neighbors for their seeds, too!

• Like 20

28 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

We were on Norwegian Gems maiden voyage from Dover on October 6th 2007 with Pauline's late mam and dad.

After Pauline's dad died in July 2008 we took Pauline's mam back onto Norwegian Gem sharing our large cabin.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1