Discounted Gift Cards Being Offered On Newegg

Daniel A

When Newegg offers discounted Princess gift cards, please post the denomination, discount code and a link if possible.  Since AARP is no longer offering the cards, it will help other cruisers to share the information with the rest of us.  Thank you in advance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

51 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

When Newegg offers discounted Princess gift cards, please post the denomination, discount code and a link if possible.  Since AARP is no longer offering the cards, it will help other cruisers to share the information with the rest of us.  Thank you in advance.

FYI, there is a discount code on RetailMeNot for $40 off $500 on a Princess GC via Newegg that is supposed to expire on 10/17. It did not work for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

What is Newegg?

Newegg.com is an online shopping site that specializes mostly in computer hardware. We purchased a desktop PC from them over 20 years ago. Didn't know they were still around. Anyway, they've started offering gift cards and often at a discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, WisCruiser2 said:

What is Newegg?

As beg3yrs said, they mostly specialize in computer hardware/software. I bought anti-virus protection from them a couple of years ago. They're a good company. Was pi$$ed when just after I bought my AARP membership, they stopped offering the Princess gift cards, so was very happy to see Newegg has them and they go on sale pretty often at the same 8% off. I just bought $600 for $552 yesterday. I got the cards in an email link within a few minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, crawford said:

FYI, there is a discount code on RetailMeNot for $40 off $500 on a Princess GC via Newegg that is supposed to expire on 10/17. It did not work for me.

It seems that most of the discount codes they offer work for only 24 hours.  I've seen them alternate between the $200 gift cards and the $500 gift cards a few times, usually one at a time.  I also see $50 off $500 Carnival gift cards being offered at times.

19 minutes ago, brewsbro5 said:

Newegg $500 Princess GC for $460 today.  Limit of 1.  Received card within 3 minutes of order.  Code# SSDXA429

Thank you so much!  I just got my one $500 card and every little bit helps. 

Also, @Daniel A I so appreciate you starting this thread.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, brewsbro5 said:

Newegg $500 Princess GC for $460 today.  Limit of 1.  Received card within 3 minutes of order.  Code# SSDXA429

Thanks!  Here's the announcement I saw:

"Princess Cruises $500 Gift Card (Email Delivery)

off w/ promo code SSDXA429, limited offer"

The website shows $500 as the purchase price, but they deduct the $40 at checkout making it $460. Sale ends in 17 Hours.  Written at 9:35 Eastern Time.

Thank you @brewsbro5 !

Edited by Daniel A
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Me too. Retired, so I have the time to play the game.

Same here.  I have cruises to save up for and I’ve allotted around $2300 per month in my budget to buy these gift cards.  I even joined AARP just a couple of months ago just for that reason.  OH well, hopefully that membership will do some good for other things.  I’m just glad someone alerted me to NewEgg.  I’m also going to check with my credit union toady to see what they have to offer.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Same here.  I have cruises to save up for and I’ve allotted around $2300 per month in my budget to buy these gift cards.  I even joined AARP just a couple of months ago just for that reason.  OH well, hopefully that membership will do some good for other things.  I’m just glad someone alerted me to NewEgg.  I’m also going to check with my credit union toady to see what they have to offer.  

Same I renewed right before Princess cards disappeared. But I still find deals on gift cards and other things I would buy anyway on AARP. More than enough to cover the membership. 

• Like 1

Do they regularly discount the other amounts too, does anyone know? We're about to do our first Princess cruise so until I know for sure we'll stick with the line (and since all our major expenses are already prepaid), $500 is more than I would use for this sailing. But the $150 or $100 options would be perfect for the few onboard charges we may add.

Sounds like the $500 one being discounted isn't all that rare, so hoping that may be true for the other amounts. 🤞

43 minutes ago, rcmaheather said:

Do they regularly discount the other amounts too, does anyone know? We're about to do our first Princess cruise so until I know for sure we'll stick with the line (and since all our major expenses are already prepaid), $500 is more than I would use for this sailing. But the $150 or $100 options would be perfect for the few onboard charges we may add.

Sounds like the $500 one being discounted isn't all that rare, so hoping that may be true for the other amounts. 🤞

They had the $200 card for $184 yesterday with a limit of 5.  I guess you just have to check daily to see if there are any discounts on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The current Newegg promo says that 5 cards may be purchased per order with the discount code, however, the website will only let you order 1.  We called Newegg and the rep said that they are limiting orders to a single card due to their inventory.  Thanks to everyone for sharing the gift card info!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just came here to post that the offer was up but I see I'm far too late for that. @mike&elena thanks for making the phone call. I was being quite annoyed that it said 5 cards but limited it to one. Good to know it's not just a weird glitch. Ah, well. I did get the one card and will keep checking back multiple times per day in hopes of snagging more.

• Like 2