🐾🐾 Sea Dog is Live! Tiki, Tacos and Tequila: Navigator, October 18-25

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks for the tip. Good to know there are good options in Ensenada.

Another tip... don't know if you enjoy the Production Shows or not (RC singers & dancers). Don't miss Showgirls especially... this cast on this ship have the best 4 singers I have seen in a decade on Royal ships, and all the dancers are excellent as well. One of the best overall casts I have seen in a while.

And the older guy on the ice cast is incredible... he hit 2 triple jumps during the ice show!

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hip, Hip Hooray!

IMG_0451.thumb.jpeg.18fee09aa4c00efa56fb7b12a1922a02.jpeg

Went to the Top Tier Event to see our beloved @taznremmy be honored as the second highest point total on this cruise.

IMG_0459.thumb.jpeg.6621ccb263c6c2af55938a2ca14fb16a.jpeg

Pat has over 1400 points. She has been cruising since the 1970’s and her first cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship was Mariner of the Seas in 2012. She has sailed practically all over the world and is a valued Royal Caribbean Pinnacle member. More importantly she is a valued member and dear friend with us at Cruise Critic.

IMG_0461.thumb.jpeg.8f666ce72ebb2634d0644638d4652221.jpeg

She was on Navigator last week, this week with us and then next week with our good friend @Tree_skier

Cheers to our @taznremmy !! 

Congratulations on the many adventures you have sailed and to the ones you have yet to begin.

Here is the Navigator Breakdown

Gold 849

Platinum 223

Emerald 125

Diamond 179

Diamond Plus 135

Pinnacle 16

Next up: Football

• Like 32
  • Thanks 2

Don’t Hate Us!!

IMG_0467.thumb.jpeg.6cd396bbdd364cced2e7c1cbfe307d08.jpeg

The only thing better than a sea day is a sea day with your favorite NFL team playing. For us it’s the Kansas City Chiefs….I know…..I know…. Believe me I hear it but I remember going 50 years before we won our second Superbowl. Now the Chiefs are trying to 3-peat which is a very difficult thing to accomplish. Today’s opponent the 49’ers who the Chiefs beat last year in Superbowl 58.

IMG_0469.thumb.jpeg.37b849ea6c06428bc6ba274c2259edd8.jpeg

I have a close connection to the Chiefs. For 12 years I was a sports only cameraman who covered the Chiefs on all their games home and away.

IMG_3830.jpeg.56a8ecf915792090a91018d8357d1620.jpeg

Since we had the coaches show on our television station I traveled with the team in all their home and away games plus games in Germany and Japan.

D9DD6AF9-BC04-48FD-B0CB-025E5DBFF1DC.thumb.jpeg.bd9a1b106979bf668165a3228eb3058c.jpeg

I worked closely alongside my dear friend the late great Hall of Fame Chiefs Quarterback Len Dawson.

I don’t miss shooting video of all those games. It was hard work, physical and dangerous. I got laid out in Denver on  Monday Night Football when Chiefs Running Back Larry Moriety came towards me on the sidelines on an end around run. I could see with my other eye ( not looking in my camera eyepiece ) covering the play that the linebacker was headed straight for me. Quickly I triangulated in my head the trajectory of Larry plus Linebacker (L squared) equaled ME.  I tried to get out of the way but the linebacker pushed Larry into me. I went flying, the camera almost left my hands but I held onto as it went crashing into me. Larry recognized me after I hit the ground and asked “You ok”? I groaned “Yeah I think so” after the game on the team plane I was in so much pain I had the team doctor give me a pain pill. I ended up with bruised ribs and a sprained wrist. The hazards of the job. 

IMG_0470.thumb.jpeg.e84cf10b998df3e00b1a6c06e3fd0f24.jpeg

So I have a deep feeling for the Chiefs. I’ve given blood, sweat and tears with this team. It’s nice to see them winning. I will take that because I covered them all those lean years. It’s safer now to watch them on television. The only thing I will have to watch out for now is the waiter to take my next drink order. 

IMG_0465.thumb.jpeg.026d177d628293665c55b86c7b20c57e.jpeg

Playmakers was the place to be. It was crowded and lively. Sorry I will be preoccupied for the he next 3 hours.

”May I have another beer please?”

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, topanga49er said:

Will be following along and esp for the Niner game; sounds like you have more options to watch the game than we do in FL! (not getting NFL sunday ticket!)

I miss the old nfl ticket on direct tv , YouTube versions you must watch in live with commercials, I bought it , might skip next year since Buffalo games are on regular tv about 70 percent of the time .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Hip, Hip Hooray!

IMG_0451.thumb.jpeg.18fee09aa4c00efa56fb7b12a1922a02.jpeg

Went to the Top Tier Event to see our beloved @taznremmy be honored as the second highest point total on this cruise.

IMG_0459.thumb.jpeg.6621ccb263c6c2af55938a2ca14fb16a.jpeg

Pat has over 1400 points. She has been cruising since the 1970’s and her first cruise on a Royal Caribbean ship was Mariner of the Seas in 2012. She has sailed practically all over the world and is a valued Royal Caribbean Pinnacle member. More importantly she is a valued member and dear friend with us at Cruise Critic.

IMG_0461.thumb.jpeg.8f666ce72ebb2634d0644638d4652221.jpeg

She was on Navigator last week, this week with us and then next week with our good friend @Tree_skier

Cheers to our @taznremmy !! 

Congratulations on the many adventures you have sailed and to the ones you have yet to begin.

Here is the Navigator Breakdown

Gold 849

Platinum 223

Emerald 125

Diamond 179

Diamond Plus 135

Pinnacle 16

Next up: Football

Ty for sharing. 

It is nice to hear about the friends you mentioned as frequent CC posters. 

It is nice to hear about these cruisers travels!!!!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

Was there a scorpion aftertaste? 😆

I don’t think so but then again I don’t know what a scorpion tastes like. I think it was more of a visual thing than a taste thing.

2 minutes ago, Ukigirl said:

From one bourbon lover to another, any great bourbon based drinks you would recommend? We will be on Freedom in December and since I won’t be getting the drink package this time, I need to choose my D+ drinks wisely 

I have always loved a good Old Fashioned. The  Schooner Bar has some interesting bourbon based cocktails including a toasted marshmallow Old Fashioned. I am trying to remember the others but most of the bourbon cocktails in the Schooner are quite good.

• Like 2

Line of the day!

@taznremmy and I were talking about watching the football game and I remarked “ I usually don’t day drink unless I’m watching football.” Pat replied “I usually don’t day drink unless I’m on a cruise.” said the Pinnacle with over 1400 points. We both cracked up really good!

• Like 1
  • Haha 22

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Don’t Hate Us!!

The only thing better than a sea day is a sea day with your favorite NFL team playing.

Playmakers was the place to be. It was crowded and lively. Sorry I will be preoccupied for the he next 3 hours.

”May I have another beer please?”

Sea days with football are the best!  I’m listening to the chiefs game on sirius XM radio while I wait for the Steelers game later on.  Lots of injuries.  Getting interesting!

Congrats @taznremmy 🎉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Line of the day!

@taznremmy and I were talking about watching the football game and I remarked “ I usually don’t day drink unless I’m watching football.” Pat replied “I usually don’t day drink unless I’m on a cruise.” said the Pinnacle with over 1400 points. We both cracked up really good!

I only drink during the day in days that end in Y, congratulations to Chiefs on being the only undefeated team ,  definitely think they’re beatable but they’re a great team . Bills also looked great against a weaker opponent. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, George C said:

I only drink during the day in days that end in Y, congratulations to Chiefs on being the only undefeated team ,  definitely think they’re beatable but they’re a great team . Bills also looked great against a weaker opponent. 

I only drink when the Detroit Lions win, been drinking a lot lately!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Line of the day!

I chuckled out loud on that one!  Congrats @taznremmy Pat on your big achievement!!  Can't wait to cruise together again next year!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Now the Chiefs are trying to 3-peat which is a very difficult thing to accomplish. Today’s opponent the 49’ers who the Chiefs beat last year in Superbowl 58.

I think the Chiefs beat the 49'ers in the 2020 Superbowl, too. 😏

• Like 1

Dinner in the MDR.

A Taste of France tonight.

IMG_0480.thumb.jpeg.e5e5fad4bfc1d675026ee24ed3938b87.jpeg

Escargot 

IMG_0481.thumb.jpeg.c4304175991bd2a5132c9061cc162f89.jpeg

Roasted Beef Tenderloin (medium rare)

IMG_0482.thumb.jpeg.95d8e7cd2c67a5996fbdb34fd3045144.jpeg

Cappuccino Chocolate Cake.

Dinner was very good and even though the portion sizes are now smaller on everything I did not have a problem with it after a big meal at Playmakers during the game.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, topanga49er said:

Will be following along and esp for the Niner game; sounds like you have more options to watch the game than we do in FL! (not getting NFL sunday ticket!)

We’re in central FL, no NFL Sunday ticket here. We were able to watch the Chiefs game on one of our local channels. I don’t remember if it was CBS or FOX. That’s probably because the Jags played in London, the Bucs are playing on Monday, and the Dolphins had a bye week. All that opened up some TV time slots so we saw some different teams playing. I was thinking about Greg enjoying the game on Navigator as we watched. Sorry you weren’t able to join the party.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

IMG_0477.thumb.jpeg.bfbcf844f0d8949dd523922a0138084e.jpeg

Enjoying Playmakers. The food is fantastic and the company even better with @taznremmy and our new cruise friends we met Jodi and Richard from Arizona. Pat and them are rooting for the 49er’s. 

Great photo Greg.

Congratulations to the lovely @taznremmy on being second highest cruiser.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1