Cabin 1688 Adventure of the Seas

On Explorer. Identical to AOS. Questions?

Looking at the floor plans, the cabin seems wider than other cabins of the same class. Did you find that as true... Also, was the balcony bigger due to it being an aft one. How was the view from the balcony? I'm thinking of booking it for next year...

Thanks,

Kurt

I was in 1688 on Mariner. The room seemed about the size of a JS but the closet & bathroom are the same as any D1. We booked this same room for our next cruise while we were on the ship. I think this is the best cabin on the ship for a non suite. I would even take it over a JS unless it

was on deck 10 aft.

The balcony is very large and has part covered and part open. It is a very quiet cabin. Not much foot traffic on the aft. The view is great.

• 10 years later...
I was in 1688 on Mariner. The room seemed about the size of a JS but the closet & bathroom are the same as any D1. We booked this same room for our next cruise while we were on the ship. I think this is the best cabin on the ship for a non suite. I would even take it over a JS unless it

was on deck 10 aft.

The balcony is very large and has part covered and part open. It is a very quiet cabin. Not much foot traffic on the aft. The view is great.

What is wrong with deck 10 aft?

Yes I do, but it is still the same ship and the same cabin so I was hoping for an answer.

You misread/misunderstood the post that you quoted.

That poster would not choose a Junior Suite over 1688 unless that JS were on Deck 10 aft.

1688 is a PRIMO cabin. Grab it and thank your lucky stars.

You misread/misunderstood the post that you quoted.

That poster would not choose a Junior Suite over 1688 unless that JS were on Deck 10 aft.

1688 is a PRIMO cabin. Grab it and thank your lucky stars.

You are correct. I did not read that post correctly and I have booked cabin 1688 for my Adventure cruise.

Thank you for pointing this out to me.

• 1 year later...
On 5/4/2006 at 5:38 PM, lionheart said:

Looking at the floor plans, the cabin seems wider than other cabins of the same class. Did you find that as true... Also, was the balcony bigger due to it being an aft one. How was the view from the balcony? I'm thinking of booking it for next year...

Thanks,

Kurt

Had 1688 on Explorer in Alaska in May. Yes, the room is wider than a normal balcony room. Balcony is bigger as well. I’d book it again in a minute.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:18 PM, crosbystreet said:

I'm booked in 1688 on Adventure of the Seas in August 2019. The links to the photos don't work, but I'm assuming it's great based on the feedback here.

And that the post and links are 12yrs old

59 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

And that the post and links are 12yrs old

But the cabin is still a PRIMO cabin.  Size of a JS, price of a D1, or whatever the heck RC is calling it now.

Huge room, huge balcony.  And a pole in the middle of the room.

Professional driver; do not attempt this at home:

Cabin 1400 - David and the pole.JPG

Cabin 1400 - David, the pole.JPG

26 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

But the cabin is still a PRIMO cabin.  Size of a JS, price of a D1, or whatever the heck RC is calling it now.

Huge room, huge balcony.  And a pole in the middle of the room.

Professional driver; do not attempt this at home:

Cabin 1400 - David and the pole.JPG

Cabin 1400 - David, the pole.JPG

I know, done 200+ nites in Aft Corner cabins in last 5yrs, usually Radiance Class but got my first taste 20yrs ago in this similar cabin on Voyager

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We were in this cabin over the summer.  We usually always sail JS or higher, but this room is just as good as a JS.  As long as you don't mind single points, and no bathtub, it's the way to go.   We just booked it again this week.

Review here.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ccturner26 said:

So happy to see this!  We just booked this cabin.

We had 1688 December 2019.  Definitely a great cabin.  We just had 1700 on Liberty (exact same location). It is still a great cabin 🙂

• Like 1