How many plates of food do you eat a day?

wilson9112

How many plates of food do you eat a day?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. How many plates of food do you eat a day?

• 1 time a day
    • 2 times a day
    • 3 times a day
    • 4 times a day
    • 5 times a day
    • I dont know, Im a pig and cannot count???

Just curious how many times people get a plate of food. My husband gains about 10-15 pounds each time LOL (but he loses it to get ready for the next cruise), and yes, mid night buffets count as a plate as well as snacks. Ice cream dont count because its not on a plate

Just curious how many times people get a plate of food. My husband gains about 10-15 pounds each time LOL (but he loses it to get ready for the next cruise), and yes, mid night buffets count as a plate as well as snacks. Ice cream dont count because its not on a plate

I get a bowl of ice cream instead of a cone. Does that count?

i assume you are talking about on a cruise. i like going to the buffets for breakfast and lunch.

breakfast: 3-4

lunch: 3-4

dinner: 4-5 (whatever they give you in the dining room)

i have modified my diet drastically lately, so i dont know if i will be able to eat a lot on the upcoming December cruise. my stomach has shrunk, and the pills i am taking make me feel full. i wont go into it.

i dont eat the desserts. i just eat ice cream and cookies. :)

This is why I was always reluctant to take a cruise; I saw it as an opportunity to gain a quick 10-15 pounds. Fortunately, not all cruise lines feature mass consumption, and we were able to choose one that had quality over quantity.

Maybe I'm "missing the joke" here, but is a successful vacation really measured by the plates of food consumed? :rolleyes:

This is why I was always reluctant to take a cruise; I saw it as an opportunity to gain a quick 10-15 pounds. Fortunately, not all cruise lines feature mass consumption, and we were able to choose one that had quality over quantity.

Maybe I'm "missing the joke" here, but is a successful vacation really measured by the plates of food consumed? :rolleyes:

Just a fun poll thats all. I see many people ordering 2 dinners, 2-3 deserts, plus room service to cap it all off lol:D

After 3 or 4 cruises I learned I do not have to eat all that is offered. At first I felt like I was missing out if I didn't "pig out" as you say. Now, I eat 3 reasonably sized meals a day and I do not gain a pound. I take advantage of all the nice fruit and veges too. :)

We usually eat in the buffet for breakfast and lunch, but we only go through once and we eat what we put on our plates. Nothing annoys me more than people who pile it on and then just throw it out after a taste. Take a tiny amount of something and eat that - you can alway go back for more. I don't care how much people eat, but the wasteful habits of some folks goes beyond reason.

Charlie

oh, i forgot. i used to order 2 entrees at dinner. not so much anymore.

but a good number of people will order 2-3 lobsters. some cruise lines, like HAL, serve the lobsters smaller. so ordering 2-3 isn't so bad.

when i am in the buffet, it is tempting to try this and that. its the perfectionist in me. i don't want to miss out. but i am moving the direction of only having an omelette, for example, once or twice per cruise. the other mornings, try some nice oatmeal. another reason i like to try these things, aside from my perfectionism, is that i don't have these things at home.

funny, gaining weight isn't so perfect, though.

Just a fun poll thats all. I see many people ordering 2 dinners, 2-3 deserts, plus room service to cap it all off lol:D

If you go into a cruise with the intention of eating your "fare" share, you are going to gain a ton of weight! There's no reason to eat and eat, just because it's available!

I usually eat less than at home, simply because I'm busy doing other things!

We usually go to the buffet for breakfast and lunch, and to the dining room for dinner. I have just 1 plate at breakfast, 2 at lunch (only because I don't like any of my food to touch:o ), and only 1 entree at dinner. So far I haven't gained any weight on a cruise. DH eats more than I do, so he goes back for more at both breakfast and lunch, but still only orders 1 meal at dinner. We take the stairs a lot, so that helps some. I will admit though, that 10 years ago I weighed about 45 lbs more than I do now, so I try not to over do it. Last cruise we did go to the late buffet, and the chocolate buffet.

I, too, cannot believe the people that pile food on their plates and don't eat it. Occassionally I will put something on there and not like it, but I have seen plates piled with leftover food. It always embarrasses me a little, even though it is not me.

Medical needs require that I eat every 3 or 4 hours, so I tend to have several small meals rather than a few large ones. If I go too long without some kind of protein I will suffer from an attack of reactive hypoglycemia. I'm probably one of the few people on a cruise who carries food with them at all times (protein bars). Meals and snacks are about the same size, so I usually eat something 6 times a day. Plus, I'm drinking at least 64 oz of fluids in between the meals.

I'm not that fond of ice cream. Can I subtract one?:D

FINALLY - someone that is like me that doesn't like ice cream - love french fries though. When my fellow cruisers goes for the ice cream I usually head for the dessert table - apple pie, fresh fruit, or pastries.

now how many times versus how many plates are very different: figure at dinner you get a bread and butter place, a salad plate, appitizer, soup doesn't come on a plate, entree, maybe separate veggie or potato plate plus dessert. add to it lunch (maybe 2 or 3 plates if you go for dessert) and the plates for breakfast. I would guess I end up with about 12-20 a day.

NMnita

We usually eat in the buffet for breakfast and lunch, but we only go through once and we eat what we put on our plates. Nothing annoys me more than people who pile it on and then just throw it out after a taste. Take a tiny amount of something and eat that - you can alway go back for more. I don't care how much people eat, but the wasteful habits of some folks goes beyond reason.

Charlie

This is exactly what we do and like you, we don't care how much others eat, (although it boggles my mind at times), just don't waste it.

If you go into a cruise with the intention of eating your "fare" share, you are going to gain a ton of weight! There's no reason to eat and eat, just because it's available!

I usually eat less than at home, simply because I'm busy doing other things!

Absolutely. I never touch burgers, fries or pizza, one can have those anywhere, anytime. There's always a choice of some nice things that are less calorie loaded that I wouldn't normally have. Always amazes me when I hear people talk about eating their money's worth.:confused: Seems like they think they have to eat the whole cost of the cruise forgetting that there are other costs involved beside food in the price of the cruise.

I eat as many meals in the dining room as I can because I don't like to stand in line for my food. My 4th meal is usually optional depending on how late I'm up and want a piece of pizza.

I've never gained any weight on a cruise, but I do so much walking and given that the ship is nearly 3 football fields long I can't imagine anyone gaining alot of weight. You have to consume 3500 calories more than you burn to gain a pound.

I'm a little confused about the question. Do you want to know how many plates of food I eat in one day or at each setting? There can be several setting in a 24 hour period. My personal record is a dining room breakfast followed by a trip thru the breakfast buffet line. Two or three trips thru the lunch buffet and a small snack after noon on the Lido Deck. Traditional dining is usually one round, with possibly two desserts followed by a trip to the ice cream parlor. Late night consist of a snack in the buffet or a couple of trips for pizza. Then it is off to bed to dreams of glorious food.

I love cruises.:D

I try to eat smaller portions. But I a little more through out the day then I do at home.. The most I think I have gained was about 3-5 pounds.. The 5 pounds was probably on the 1st cruise :rolleyes:

I'm a bit weak when it comes for food. But I'm not even close to what I have seen some people eat...on cruises :eek:

I am a 4 year "at goal" Weight Watcher. You just make up your mind that it's about the cruise, NOT the food. There is a lot of healthy food to eat on a cruise. Lots of fish, vegetables and fruit.

Don't get me wrong, I love to eat otherwise I wouldn't be a "lifer" with Weight Watcher's.

I walk around the Promenade Deck as much as I can while onboard.

I always keep in mind that "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Charlie

I'm one of those who throw it away after a taste if I don't care for the taste of it. I would never continue eating something I didn't care for. Not on a ship with so many choices. If it is something new I am trying, I take a very small portion to sample. If I enjoy it, I can always go back for more.

I don't feel obliged to be a member of 'clean plate club'. I don't load up a huge plate of food I don't expect to eat but I stop when I have had enough.

We cruise too many times a year to stuff in food I don't like. I can't imagine the pounds that would pack on.

Heck, I expect to gain at least 5 pounds.

We usually eat a big breakfast, something we normally don't do at home.

Lunch in the port somewhere.

Sometimes a snack after all the exercise we got on the Island, (always do something very active)

Now dinner is one of the reasons we like to cruise. Try stuff you normally do eat, eat things you love and then of course there is dessert. At times I have had 2 desserts just because it is something I don't do at home but always appreciate a great dessert.

Last but not least is the alcohol consumption, again something i dont do at home. Those really add up.

The food is one of the reason we cruise, and why cruising is a bargain for us on vacation. On a land vacation we would be eating the same way but paying top dollar for the gourmet meals at dinner each night.

We joke that it has been 2 hours since we have eaten, must get some food soon.

I eat as many meals in the dining room as I can because I don't like to stand in line for my food. My 4th meal is usually optional depending on how late I'm up and want a piece of pizza.

I've never gained any weight on a cruise, but I do so much walking and given that the ship is nearly 3 football fields long I can't imagine anyone gaining alot of weight. You have to consume 3500 calories more than you burn to gain a pound.

If I look at 3500 calories I put on a pound:eek::eek:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

Archived