Table for 2?

Quick question. On our past RCCL cruises, tables for 2 in the main dining did not existed. Our last cruise a few years back on Celebrity had tables for 2 - and we enjoyed that.

Believe I recently read a review that indicated tables for 2 might now be available on RCCL (Brilliance - if it makes a difference). So, . . . does anyone know if this is (or is not) the case now?

Don't want to debate the pros/cons of a table for 2, . . . just want to know if they even exist. :)

Thanks!

There are tables for 2, but fewer on the Radiance class than on the Voyager and Freedom classes. Go to the dining room the day you board to ask the maitre d' for a 2. If he can accomodate you, he will. The time and which dining room will be in your Compass. Get there as soon as he opens.

I really don't understand the "there are no tables for 2" theory. Maybe there aren't numerous tables that only seat 2 people, but they will seat you at a table for 4 with no companions, or they will move a table in to add a table for 2 in a section.

We've had this done for us, plus they used one of the big round trays on a stand with a tablecloth over it as a table for us, also.

Tables for 2 are small and fit anywhere, or they reassign people that want companions, and you get the table for 4.

We've done this since 1998 on both RCCL and Celebrity, so being told there aren't any just means they don't want to bother.

As mentioned above, check with the maitre 'd in the afternoon you embark the ship, usually around 1PM in the dining room.

We had a table for two on the Jewel this past January. They can do it but it invloves splitting up a four or six top. We lucked out right next to a window and it was wonderful. I asked our TA at the time of booking. She said to confirm it as soon as we got onboard. We did and were very happy!

How many 2-tops depends on all of the guests! If they need to keep all of the tables together because more folks wanted large tables, there may not be enough to divide for the "loners". It's different on every single cruise. The dining room is set up for each particular sailing.

Yes there are tables for two in the main dining room. If you made your reservation thru a travel agent, have your agent request a table for two. If you made your reservation with RCCL directly, contact them. I've had table for two with my wife. I requested it in advance, but here's the trick. The first thing you should do when you arrive on ship is to go directly to the dining room.. Seek out the maitre d' or head waiter and tell them to show you to your table, or to find you a table for two. They will be glad to accomodate you if the tables are available. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Again:

Maybe there aren't numerous tables that only seat 2 people, but they will seat you at a table for 4 with no companions, or they will move a table in to add a table for 2 in a section.

We've had this done for us, plus they used one of the big round trays on a stand with a tablecloth over it as a table for us, also.

Tables for 2 are small and fit anywhere, or they reassign people that want companions, and you get the table for 4.

Like I said, every SINGLE cruise on RCCL or Celebrity since 1998. Like tkerwin an I both said, go see the maitre 'd when you get on board to make sure.

DH and I just had a table for 2 on the Mariner. I made the request when we booked about 11 months before the cruise and it was given to us. Call RCCL ahead of time and ask them to put the request on the reservation. That way it may be done for you before you even board. But double check when you board so that they might be able to accomodate you if you didn't get the table ahead of time.

We had a request in for a table for 2 on the Mariner. I had RCI make a note of it on the reservation. When we boarded and checked the dining room it was for a table for 8. I went to the Maitre'd to inquire about it and was told "I'll see what I can do". We immediately made dining arrangements for the week. Between the Windjammer and the specialty restaurants (We ate at Chops twice) we couldn't have been happier. On day 2 we recieved a card in our cabin that said that our request was met and gave the new table number. We just let it go and didn't bother. We'll probably be choosing alternative dining or My Time Dining over the dining room in the future.

Archived