I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Jen....here's a different kind of question.

I'm a Diet pepsi drinker. Availability? Where? Outrageously priced?

Thanks.

Pia

depends on what you mean. are you looking to buy cans or bottles to bring back on the ship? or in restaurants?

I've most often seen Coke products at most places... but then again, I'm a Coke Zero drinker - so that works for me and I don't bother looking for Pepsi products.

A bottle of something at a grocery store or a gas station will run you about 20 - 30 DKK per "single serving" type bottles (like out of vending machines... not the big litre bottles).

If you spot a FAKTA or a NETTO - - those will be your cheapest "grocery" stores to go in and see what you can find as far as soda etc. to bring back on the ship with you.

My husband tells us that his mother (probably 50 plus years ago) had lunch in a famous sandwich shop with 1000 sandwiches on the menu. (This must be an exageration!) He feels this restaurant may still be there and run by the same family. Would you know where this might be and a name I could look up for their hours? We will be in Copenhagen on a Saturday & a Sunday and our cruise leaves on Monday.

Thanks in advance for all the help you're giving us.

That is Ida Davidson's.

No - he's right. Over 1000 sandwiches on the menu.

Try to make reservations and be prepared for a hefty price tag for the meal.

But - again - it's iconic and one of those places that is so full of history and STORY that one should eat there if given the opportunity.

:D imho

Is it possible to take the metro directly from the airport to Nordhavn Station to get to Freeport, or would I need to switch at another station?

Also, is the closest station to the Carlsberg brewery the Enghave station, or is there one closer?

One more question, which bus would I take to get to the Assistens Cemetary, and which stop would I get off at?

Thanks.

Is it possible to take the metro directly from the airport to Nordhavn Station to get to Freeport, or would I need to switch at another station?

Also, is the closest station to the Carlsberg brewery the Enghave station, or is there one closer?

One more question, which bus would I take to get to the Assistens Cemetary, and which stop would I get off at?

Thanks.

a few people have answered this post earlier - -

1) you have to change trains from the Airport to the Pier. Also - it's a HIKE from the metro station to where the ships are. You would need to take a taxi from the train station to the pier.

Therefore, I suggest getting off at Osterport and taking a taxi (will be harder to find a taxi at the Nordhaven). Additionally, you don't have to change trains from the airport to Osterport.

For the brewery question and the Cemetary - - please visit http://www.dsb.dk and plug in your journey. You can plug in your starting point and day of travel to give you the exact route you need to go.

This will be MUCH more beneficial to you.

a few people have answered this post earlier - -

1) you have to change trains from the Airport to the Pier. Also - it's a HIKE from the metro station to where the ships are. You would need to take a taxi from the train station to the pier.

Therefore, I suggest getting off at Osterport and taking a taxi (will be harder to find a taxi at the Nordhaven). Additionally, you don't have to change trains from the airport to Osterport.

For the brewery question and the Cemetary - - please visit www.dsb.dk and plug in your journey. You can plug in your starting point and day of travel to give you the exact route you need to go.

This will be MUCH more beneficial to you.

Thank you.

We stayed at the Copenhagen Radisson SAS Hotel in Aug. 2005. The location was on the other side of a river or canal from the city. It wasn't far into town with a cab and the cab at that time took our VISA card for the fare. I'm not sure they still take credit cards. That might be something to look into.

On the late morning of our ship's departure, we went to the lobby to take a cab to the port. There was a Princess bus outside of the lobby loading passengers who had booked a pre-cruise tour. We asked if it was possible to buy a ticket to the ship and the Princess rep told us "Come aboard!"

We went down for a cab and found a serendipity instead.

Volvodoll,

Thanks for your info about the hotel and getting to the ship! Since the bus was taking people on a tour, did they drop you off at the ship before the tour?

:) We took a Princess tour from our Barcelona hotel on our 2003 cruise, but a truck had already left with all the luggage ahead of the tour bus. The bus didn't go near the pier until after the tour.

Jean

my plane does not get in to copenhagen until the early morning, aound 230am is there any where in the airport one could rest?

Wow. that is a bad flight... I'm so sorry.

Check with your airline to see if they have a lounge.. I know that SAS has one - but not sure of what the qualifications are to use it.

Other than that... not really. Unfortunately, nothing is really open 24/7 that I know of... I know the Starbucks isn't ...

Chairs though - are available

When you exit with your luggage through the black door - there are some seats directly on your LEFT that you can sit on... and then the Starbucks will be directly on your RIGHT. They have tables and chairs there.

Someone asked recently about good bakeries to check out while in CPH.

Well - this month's CPH This Week recommends 4 that they say are really good (I've been to one of them, so now get to try out 3 new ones!). I don't have any better addresses - but if you get out a map or check out http://www.krak.dk and plug in the street name - you will get a general feel for where they are located.

Amadeus

St. Kongensgade

Cafeen in Pistolsraede

Pistolstraede

La Glace

Skoubogade

Lagkagehuset

Christians Torv

Torvegade 45

(this one Ive been to - they also have a little "off shoot" at the Tourist office near the parliment square / main train station)

Volvodoll,

Originally Posted by volvodoll viewpost.gif

We stayed at the Copenhagen Radisson SAS Hotel in Aug. 2005. The location was on the other side of a river or canal from the city. It wasn't far into town with a cab and the cab at that time took our VISA card for the fare. I'm not sure they still take credit cards. That might be something to look into.

On the late morning of our ship's departure, we went to the lobby to take a cab to the port. There was a Princess bus outside of the lobby loading passengers who had booked a pre-cruise tour. We asked if it was possible to buy a ticket to the ship and the Princess rep told us "Come aboard!"

We went down for a cab and found a serendipity instead.

Volvodoll,

Thanks for your info about the hotel and getting to the ship! Since the bus was taking people on a tour, did they drop you off at the ship before the tour?

:) We took a Princess tour from our Barcelona hotel on our 2003 cruise, but a truck had already left with all the luggage ahead of the tour bus. The bus didn't go near the pier until after the tour.

Jean

No I didn't mean the Princess bus was taking these passengers on a tour that morning. I meant they had been at the hotel for a 2 day pre-tour package. They were all going to board the same ship with us that noon. It was just our lucky day to have come down to the lobby to find them. We bought 2 tickets to board $5/each. A taxi would have probably been the same but this couldn't have been easier.

July 21 - 23

The Santa World Congress descends upon Copenhagen. Bakken (the oldest amusement park in the world) (Klampenborg s-tog stop) plays host to this year's world congress of over 200 jolly Father Christmases.

In addition to entertaining the public at daily appearances at Bakken, the Santas meet in congress to discuss plans for Christmas 2008!

Some other things to do in CPH with kids - -

Pantomime in Tivoli Gardens : performances twice daily except Monday. Check performance times at gate or theater as times can vary (generally late afternoon or evenings). Tivoli's Pantomime theater is one of the last homes of the Italian commedia dell'arte tradition.

Puppet Shows at the Royal Gardens Open Air Marionette Theater in Hongens Have. Daily except Mondays at 2 & 3pm. Free admission. July 1 - 20 is SPUTNIK - a wordless puppet show about an astronaut who travels in the infinite universe to find a far distant planet inhabited bu a beautiful princess pursued by an evil outer space scoundrel.

From July 22 - The Pavement. The tale takes place on a street in the middle of a town during the daytime full of traffic and everyday bustle, but at night when all is still, somthing happens - a sewer lid comes off and out pops a small head.....

Copenhagen Harbor Swimming Baths: Islands Bryggle/ Iceland Quay. Open from June 2 - August 31 M - F 7am -7pm and Sat/Sun from 11am - 7pm. Five "pools" - two for children (one for small children, one for bigger children) and the other 3 pools consist of two 50 meter long pools and a diving pool. Lifeguard supervised.

Open Air Museum - Tuesday - Sunday 10 - 5pm. FREE admisison. One of the biggest and oldest museum parks of its kind in the world featuring more than 100 reconstructed buildings from the period 1650 - 1940. Great fun for children throughout the summer where kids can meet real cooks, shopkeepers, and animals. Kongvehen 100, Kongens Lyngby (S train to Sorgenfri).

Thank you for all of your suggestions, it's been very helpful.

My travel agent has told me that Princess charges $117 per person to transport from ship to airport. I have to believe there is a cheaper alternative such as private car. Any suggestions?

Thank you for all of your suggestions, it's been very helpful.

My travel agent has told me that Princess charges $117 per person to transport from ship to airport. I have to believe there is a cheaper alternative such as private car. Any suggestions?

That's funny - my husband & I are paying $98 for the 2 of us from the ship to the airport. We know we could do better than $98 for a taxi but at debarkation, I'm sure there will be madness & chaos at the port so this for us is a better alternative. I still feel Princess is ripping us apart with a $98 charge.

That's funny - my husband & I are paying $98 for the 2 of us from the ship to the airport. We know we could do better than $98 for a taxi but at debarkation, I'm sure there will be madness & chaos at the port so this for us is a better alternative. I still feel Princess is ripping us apart with a $98 charge.

They are and getting a taxi is not chaotic nor maddening. Just get off the ship early. Taxi should cost you approx. $40 total. It cost us $36 2 years ago when we disembarked the Star.

Pia

I think that 119pp for a bus to take you from the pier to the airport is INSANE. Unless you are getting some type of tour thrown in there too... that is just nuts.

$98 for two is MUCH better - and something that I would feel OK with - especially if they handled my baggage from the ship directly to the airport... and if I don't have to get off the ship so early... that would make it worth it to me too.

Otherwise - -

Both pier areas have cabs - so getting one shouldn't be a problem. And yes, about $40 for the ride is ABOUT right from the pier area to the airport.

There is a 90 minute Copenhagen highlights tour that meets daily at City Hall. Do you know how far this is from the Marriott? Is it walkable?

anything is walkable given enough time :rolleyes:

but no - from where the Marriott is - it's a HECK of a walk to the city hall. you're much better off taking a bus or a taxi.

anything is walkable given enough time :rolleyes:

but no - from where the Marriott is - it's a HECK of a walk to the city hall. you're much better off taking a bus or a taxi.

Hi:

Is it easier to walk to the city hall from the Scandic Hotel, the

one at Vester Soegade 6 1601?

Thanks

Hi:

Is it easier to walk to the city hall from the Scandic Hotel, the

one at Vester Soegade 6 1601?

Thanks

You can plot your course and see how far it is by plugging in the hotel address and then the city hall square address (Radhuspladsen) in to

http://www.krak.dk

What I think is walkable, may not be your idea of walkable.

:D

You can plot your course and see how far it is by plugging in the hotel address and then the city hall square address (Radhuspladsen) in to

www.krak.dk

What I think is walkable, may not be your idea of walkable.

:D

It won't come up unless you give more of an address than Radhuspladsen, which I can't seem to find. I can manuever a bit on the site since I read a bit of German and can sort of figure the Danish relationship. Do you have a street address?

Pia

It won't come up unless you give more of an address than Radhuspladsen, which I can't seem to find. I can manuever a bit on the site since I read a bit of German and can sort of figure the Danish relationship. Do you have a street address?

Pia

weird - on mine i can plug it in...

But you can type in:

Vesterbrogade, 1550 København V - - as that is a good address for the city hall square/ Tivoli / start of Stroget, etc.

Hello,

How far is the HARD ROCK CAFE from SCANDIC COPENHAGEN hotel.

Thank you

JIM

Hard Rock Cafe is located next to Tivoli. You can actually access it from either inside Tivoli or from the Street.

- so again, use www. krak.dk

plug in your hotel address

then plug in

Vesterbrogade, 1550 København V

and that will get you pretty darn close to the HRC

Archived