I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

weird - on mine i can plug it in...

But you can type in:

Vesterbrogade, 1550 København V - - as that is a good address for the city hall square/ Tivoli / start of Stroget, etc.

Keeps wanting to give me tips; don't understand. Can you plug in the Marriott for me? Thanks. Address is: 5 Kalvebod Brygge

Keeps wanting to give me tips; don't understand. Can you plug in the Marriott for me? Thanks. Address is: 5 Kalvebod Brygge

To work http://www.krak.dk

First click on the BLUE Ruteplan

then enter your starting address in the top box, the destination address in the bottom box and click the green sog button.

your route will appear in the text box below and a map will generate with your routeplan.

Translation:

VENSTRE = LEFT

højre = RIGHT

SLUT = STOP/Finish/ End

Afstand 1,3 km Rejsetid ca 0:01 timer

start.gif 0 Start på Kalvebod Brygge (O2)

Vis detailkort

2 0,4 Drej til venstre ad tilkørsel til Puggaardsgade fortsæt 170 m

Vis detailkort

3 0,5 Drej til højre ad Rysensteensgade fortsæt 70 m

Vis detailkort

4 0,6 Drej til venstre ad H.C. Andersens Boulevard fortsæt 0,7 km

Vis detailkort

stop.gif 1,3 Slut på H.C. Andersens Boulevard

Hi:

Thanks for all the great information on your posts. Our ship ( Oceania Regatta ) is docking at Vartahamnen. Can you tell me if there is reasonable public transportation from there to Gamla Stan or vicinity

Thanks

Hi:

Thanks for all the great information on your posts. Our ship ( Oceania Regatta ) is docking at Vartahamnen. Can you tell me if there is reasonable public transportation from there to Gamla Stan or vicinity

Thanks

That port is in STOCKHOLM, Sweden.

Not Copenhagen, Denmark.

Sorry - - can't help you with Stockholm -- it's been 15+ years since I last lived there.

Pia - If you haven't got mapped yet try Radhuspladsen 57 - address for the Palace hotel. I got about .60 mile based on how a car would have to drive. I used Kalvebod Brygge 5 for the Marriott. Map showed approximately where it should be aslong the water area.

Pia - If you haven't got mapped yet try Radhuspladsen 57 - address for the Palace hotel. I got about .60 mile based on how a car would have to drive. I used Kalvebod Brygge 5 for the Marriott. Map showed approximately where it should be aslong the water area.

Tina, I have a Copenhagen city map and I see the Marriott and I know just about where you're staying. What I really wanted to know is how far do I have to walk to get there? Jen's directions look as if it's a little under one mile. I can do that. :D

Pia

Pia, I don't know about walking but if you drove, mapquest says it is .60 miles so it shouldn't be more than half a mile if you walked. Have you thought about emailing the Marriott and asking them how far it would be and what street they would suggest to walk.

A little different question which is important to me. Are there any Starbucks stores around Copenhagen other than the airport? Thanks.

Pia

Nope. The ONLY Starbucks in the BALTICS is in the CPH airport.

I've been going through serious withdrawls!

BUT - - the chain BARESSO is very good ... not quite Starbucks... but close enough. :D

how would one get from frihaven to humlebaek? how long would it take?

thanks

where are you trying to go in Humlebaek?

use http://www.krak.dk and plug in your starting address and destination address and it will give you a map

OR

http://www.dsb.dk and it will give you a route plan via bus/train

I HIGHLY suggest picking up a COPENHAGEN CARD GUIDE

even if you do not plan on actually getting the card.

the GUIDE is fantastic (the THICK one, not the little pamphlet) and has detailed descriptions of each attraction, HOW TO GET THERE, maps, admission prices, etc.

You can get them at most of the big Stog stations, at the airport, at the Tourist office, etc.

If you are sailing more than 1 month out (mail is slow from my end to you) - - you can email me your mailing address and I can send one to you for the price of postage & envelope. jen @ freedomwithcandles dot com

Is this an easy or hard ride? It starts at 10:00AM and ends at 1:00PM - its it something that we shouldn't miss?

sorry - I don't have any first hand experience of this tour.

Biking in CPH is an EVENT ... and I wouldn't do it unless you are VERY comfortable on a bike - using hand signals and being in a bevvy of other bikes.

It's the main means of transportation here, and every day looks like we are in a leg of the Tour de France. :D

(no, it's not really THAT bad, but it's so different than in the 'States and even most other parts of Europe. Copenhagen is the PREMIER city of the WORLD in which bike commuting exists. Cities and towns from across the globe trek to CPH to look at how the streets are laid out, etc. It's quite remarkable and very very very Danish).

Is there a website will tell me whether the Jewel of the Seas will be docking at the Langelinie Pier on Aug. 12th?

It looks as though there are several companies that offer hop on and hop off buses. Do you know which ones stop at the pier? Do we need advance reservations or can we pay onboard? Do you know the price? I want to make sure we have enough local currency. Thank you for your help.

Is there a website will tell me whether the Jewel of the Seas will be docking at the Langelinie Pier on Aug. 12th?

It looks as though there are several companies that offer hop on and hop off buses. Do you know which ones stop at the pier? Do we need advance reservations or can we pay onboard? Do you know the price? I want to make sure we have enough local currency. Thank you for your help.

Hi there!

The port page is only showing up to the end of July... why not call your TA or ship line directly and find out which pier you are going to be calling at?

As far as the HOHO tours - there is one MAIN company and several different tours. I believe that only the RED LINE (Little Mermaid tour) stops at the piers.

If you search this thread, there is an abundance of information about how to locate the proper tour - and the websites where you can pre-book your tickets (if you wish) or what the prices are there at the pier.

Regardless of which pier you will be coming in to - I've seen HOHO busses at BOTH - which makes me believe that you'll be able to get off your ship and on to a HOHO bus pretty easily.

If you have SPECIFIC questions about a particular line, tour, etc. - - I can certainly try to help. But as vague and generic as your question was... I'm not able to give you more specifics.

If you run a search on this thread for posts with HOHO, then you should come up with more info than you really need. :D

We will be staying at the Radission SAS Royal.

Do you know if there any wine shops within walking distance with reasonable prices?

Thanks for all the help,

Moya

Depends on what your version of "reasonable" is. :rolleyes:

I'm not a huge wine drinker - so honestly I have no idea.

Here is a link though, to a "wine guide" along with a phone & email address. Maybe you can inquire to them as to any suggestions of both locations and products to seek out while you are here.

http://www.vinbladet.dk/uk/index.html

We will be staying at the Radission SAS Royal.

Do you know if there any wine shops within walking distance with reasonable prices?

Thanks for all the help,

Moya

When I was there a few years ago, I thought that hotel was almost across the boulevard from Tivoli Gardens. It is right in the heart of the city. I'm sure the conciege will be able to direct you to a wine shop.

Thank you Cruisineurope for your help. I called Royal Caribbean and they say they have no idea where Jewel of the Seas will dock. Should I order the ticket for the Hop On/Off Bus in advance or can I purchase it onboard?

Thank you Cruisineurope for your help. I called Royal Caribbean and they say they have no idea where Jewel of the Seas will dock. Should I order the ticket for the Hop On/Off Bus in advance or can I purchase it onboard?

personally, i would wait to purchase it until you get there. they take credit cards and cash.

at either location, you should have access to the HOHO tourbus right on the piers.

enjoy your stay!

Couple of simple questions. We will be traveling with a senior with mobility and breathing issues.

How far is it from the dock to city? Is there taxis availalbe?

Is there hop on hop off bus available?

this entire thread covers those two questions quite in depth :D

from the piers to the city center - you're looking at less than 2 miles

yes, there are taxis in Denmark. there should be NO problem getting one from the piers

yes, there are HOHO busses that do the city. if you go back and read some of the thread, you will see that there are EXTENSIVE options for those with mobility/breathing issues such as canal tours, HOHO bus tours, guided tours, etc.

enjoy your stay!

Archived