I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

I have to correct you on 2 points.

1) Do not take the metro because Nørreport is one big construction site, so use the airport train to Østerport instead and chance to the S-train there.

2) The 2 zone klippekort is cheaper for the 3 adults and can be used both ways, just validate it 5 times each way.

Only the child needs to buy a single ticket.

I have to correct you on 2 points.

1) Do not take the metro because Nørreport is one big construction site, so use the airport train to Østerport instead and chance to the S-train there.

2) The 2 zone klippekort is cheaper for the 3 adults and can be used both ways, just validate it 5 times each way.

Only the child needs to buy a single ticket.

Thank you so much Danish viking, I think I finally understand it. One more question please, does the machine accept credit card? We have the pin mastercard and American Express.

The machine will probably accept the card but else the manned ticket sale at the airport will help you.

Btw the airport train for Østerport will be heading for Nivå or Helsingør.

This train will most of the day depart every 10th minute and at evenings and most of the weekend every 20th minute.

You can also take one of the 2 intercity trains that depart every hour but then you need to find the S-train at the central station (København H) instead and that is from track 9 and 10.

Hi Danish viking or King, from now on I am calling you a king! :)

I was thinking if I buy the zone 3 kippekort (190DKK) and klip 3 times for 3 adults for airport to Nordhavn, then another 3 klips for the return for disembark day, that means I still have 4 klips left, can I use the 2 each klips for the 3 adults within zone 1 (from cruiseport to Tivoli) and the balance 2 klips to use for the return. Can it work that way?

Thanks.

@ PC168

That is also an option because 3 trips in the 2 zone area will give 6 zones in total and that is what you get by validate the 3 zone klippekort twice.

btw i think that i will let Crownprince Frederik be the next king. :D

@ Ontario Cruiser

Most cards are accepted and its better to use the card instead of foreign currencies because the exchange rate will be poor.

@ PC168

That is also an option because 3 trips in the 2 zone area will give 6 zones in total and that is what you get by validate the 3 zone klippekort twice.

btw i think that i will let Crownprince Frederik be the next king. :D

@ Ontario Cruiser

Most cards are accepted and its better to use the card instead of foreign currencies because the exchange rate will be poor.

I just want to confirm if the taxi drivers accept credit cards for their payment if not we might take the ship's transfer Thanks Ontario Cruiser

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

How bad is this hotel, can not seem to find rooms for 3 at a decent price

Danish Viking,please can you advise,we are in Copengaen on Oriana on the 8th Dec will it be best to get a card or pay seperately,we want to see Frederikslot during the day, and after dinner on the ship, go to Tivoli.

The following day is Sunday and we wanted to wander round the small shops will they be open ?

Thankyou

Janice

Are you asking if its better to use the Copenhagen Card for transportation to Frederiksborg Castle.

I can see that you are also planning on visiting Tivoli so in this case I would say yes because the 24 hour transportation ticket costs 130 DKK and then you have to add entrances to Frederiksborg and Tivoli.

Tivoli cost 90 DKK and the castle is 60 or 75 depending on if you are under or over 60 years old and believe that the Copenhagen Card cost 279 DDK so I think that it is a good value and you will get the added flexibility of only dealing with one card.

Sunday closing is a thing of the past because now all shops is allowed to have open every Sunday between 10 and 17.

Are you asking if its better to use the Copenhagen Card for transportation to Frederiksborg Castle.

I can see that you are also planning on visiting Tivoli so in this case I would say yes because the 24 hour transportation ticket costs 130 DKK and then you have to add entrances to Frederiksborg and Tivoli.

Tivoli cost 90 DKK and the castle is 60 or 75 depending on if you are under or over 60 years old and believe that the Copenhagen Card cost 279 DDK so I think that it is a good value and you will get the added flexibility of only dealing with one card.

Sunday closing is a thing of the past because now all shops is allowed to have open every Sunday between 10 and 17.

Many thanks Danish Viking we will get the Copenhagen card,do you know if I can purchase this near Langeline pier where I believe we dock

Janice

How bad is this hotel, can not seem to find rooms for 3 at a decent price

We got a really good deal using frequent stayer points at the Marriott, but I agree it is breathtakingly expensive otherwise! We had the same issue looking for rooms pre/post-cruise August 2012 for DD, DH and me.

Post-cruise we stayed at the Crown Plaza (near the airport). It was a double but we got a roll-away. The CP is a wonderful hotel -- modern style, very "green" and a very easy walk to both the metro and train. They also have a shuttle to/from the airport. The price at the CP was very affordable.

Hi Danish viking... your great to help with all this information thank you.

I have searched through this thread and think i have a plan. Can you check it to make see if its workable?

purchase the copenhagen card prob 72hr.

day 1 airport to Scandic Palace hotel.

wander copenhagen, canal tour maybe, end at Tivoli park

day 2 "S-train line E will take you directly to Hillerød where Frederiksborg Castle is located.

From here you can take one of 2 busses that together goes in a 10 minute schedule (probably less on a weekend)

301 towards Ullerød/Ålholmparken and 302 towards Sophienborg Alle/Sophienlund will get you to Frederiksborg Slot bus stop just outside the castle.

You can also walk in around 20 minutes."

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Hil...t=m&z=15&via=1

if the viking museum is near we could maybe see that too??

Day 3 head to the ship.

Im in a party of 6, we are all healthy and under 60yr. Looking to see Frederiksborg castle, kronborg castle on our day trip.

Thanks for the help.

The viking ship museum is located in Roskilde some 30 kilometres west of Copenhagen and Hillerød is located 40 kilometres north of Copenhagen.

You can however visit Hamlets castle called Kronborg Castle and that one is located in Helsingør.

A small local train will get you from Hillerød to Helsingør in 25 minutes, the castle is visible from the train station so its more easy to find.

From Helsingør you can take the Øresund train (airport train) back to Copenhagen in 45 minutes time.

The Scandic Palace is located on the town hall square so the best option is to the take the airport train towards Nivå or Helsingør and get off at the central station.

From here you can walk to the town hall square that is located just behind Tivoli.

The CPH Card is valid on all trains, metros and busses.

Hi Danish Viking :). Thanks in advance for answering questions.

We are an older couple with some mobility issues.

We will be flying from JFK, spending 1 night and then getting on the Norwegian Star.

1) which airport do we fly into

2) which hotel do you recommend that serves dinner and breakfast and is closest to the cruise terminal and

3) which would be the best way to get to the terminal from the hotel of choice?

@ Alaskanb

Here you can find all the train and S-train lines, the line between Hillerød and Helsingør is operated by another company so its not on this map.

http://www.dsb.dk/find-og-kob/indland/koreplaner/

Here it is for Lokalbanen.

http://www.lokalbanen.dk/K%C3%B8replaner.aspx

This is the best i could find for the metro.

http://m.dk/#!/om+metroen/rejseinformation/rutekort

@ davesgirl51

There is only one commercial airport in Copenhagen and its called Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup and the IATA code is CPH.

I know that Scandic Front, Copenhagen and Webers have included breakfast.

I don´t think that dinner is included in any prices on any hotels but i could be wrong.

There are really no hotels near the cruiseport and after what you described a taxi is probably best way to get around with luggage.

Archived