I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

It was also nice to meet all of you. :D

btw i have some cruise related news, Empress from Pullmantur (former Empress of the Seas) will use Malmö as a homeport for the next year saving some space for further growd in Copenhagen.

Pullmantur will use Malmö-Sturup Airport instead of Kastrup (CPH) so if anyone are planning on boarding the Empress next year they will have to travel the 30 minutes by train over the Øresund Fixed link.

Danish Viking, Just wanted to thank you for all your information. We have just come back and wanted to say how easy it was to take the train to our hotel and walk the 2 blocks. Never would have done it without you.

Just wanted to also say to those planing a trip to Copenhagen the Clarion Neptune was a great hotel, nicely priced if you book early and excellent location. Price includes breakfast and dinner with a 3PM cake and coffee. Place was very clean. With the cost of food in Copenhagen this was quite a bonus.

Again thanks to you Viking for all your tips.

Also - one of the things we are looking at doing is to go to the Viking Museum (30 km) away and go out on the fiord in a replica. Have you ever done this and is it interesting or just touristy?

We did this last summer and found it very informative and interesting. We did an 11 am "sail", then a noon tour of Viking Hall in English.

There are also several exhibits about the craft of ship-building. As I remember, we got to Roskilde around 9:30 am and took a bus which got us a couple of blocks from the museum. After our visit, we walked back through town to get the train back to Copenhagen.

I searched the thread but didn't really see specific information for this.

Is there a store within walking distance of the Hotel Bethel where I could buy Cokes to take onboard. I would be looking for individual serving sized bottles rather than larger ones if possible.

Thanks

Thanks very much for the info. We thought it would be great and now I'm defintely going to do this.

We did this last summer and found it very informative and interesting. We did an 11 am "sail", then a noon tour of Viking Hall in English.

There are also several exhibits about the craft of ship-building. As I remember, we got to Roskilde around 9:30 am and took a bus which got us a couple of blocks from the museum. After our visit, we walked back through town to get the train back to Copenhagen.

I'm sure these questions have been asked and answered but I'm not having much luck searching .

We are due to be in Copenhagen on 26th December and have all day and evening in port - thinking we may go to Tivoli as looking at thier website looks like there may be some fireworks as well as usual rides and Christmas stalls. Would you recommend this or have you any other suggestions? We have 2 children 17 and 13.

If so, what is the best way to get there from the port - public transport or what are the costs of taxis? What is the likely availability for these later in the evening?

Thank you for your help

You can buy Coke and whatever small items you need right across the street from the Bethel Hotel. Just go out the front door, turn left, cross the street and there is a little variety store right there. Do not cross the bridge, it is on the same side of the canal as the hotel

Danish Viking, Just wanted to thank you for all your information. We have just come back and wanted to say how easy it was to take the train to our hotel and walk the 2 blocks. Never would have done it without you.

Just wanted to also say to those planing a trip to Copenhagen the Clarion Neptune was a great hotel, nicely priced if you book early and excellent location. Price includes breakfast and dinner with a 3PM cake and coffee. Place was very clean. With the cost of food in Copenhagen this was quite a bonus.

Again thanks to you Viking for all your tips.

Thanks for your imput about the Hotel Neptun. We are staying there in June. Loved the location which is why we booked it. Meals are a bonus.

You can buy Coke and whatever small items you need right across the street from the Bethel Hotel. Just go out the front door, turn left, cross the street and there is a little variety store right there. Do not cross the bridge, it is on the same side of the canal as the hotel

Thanks for the information. :) Good to know there is a store that close.

Danish Viking,

Can you tell me the easiest and most inexpensive way to get from the cruise terminal to the Clarion Neptune and also from the hotel to the airport. We will be staying at the hotel (5/7/13 and 5/8/13) after our TA cruise on the NCL Star. Thank you.............

Bus number 26 will get you from the freeport terminal and to Kongens Nytorv where the hotel is located in walking distance.

And from the very same Kongens Nytorv you can get metro line M2 to the airport.

The price is 24 DKK (single, one way) to the hotel and and from the hotel to the airport is 36 DKK.

But if you can tell me how many people you are i can calculate a cheaper prize by using something called klippekort that is a discount card.

Danish Viking...Hello! We are just in the planning stages of our Aug 2013 cruise. I wanted to Thank you and let you know that you are doing a wonderful thing here!

I have been reading your post all night! (yes, I am tired!) What a wealth of information you have been offering! We were a bit afraid of planning this trip on our own. You have changed our minds. You have empowered me! I have made flight reservations and Hotel reservations all on my own!

We will continue to read and will most likely ask a few questions along the way. But...WOW what a wonderful thing you are doing for us cruisers and your city!

Hi Danish viking,

Perhaps I should ask you the Metro question in this thread instead of the other thread. Very appreciated with all your help.

As you mentioned, the cost for each adult is 36DKK to travel from CPH airport to Nordhavn cruise port on a Sunday. There are 4 of us, us 2 adults, DS 17 & DD 15. We need the fare from the airport to the cruiseport on embarkation day and another fare from cruise port to the airport on disembark day. That is all. What is the best fare we should buy, heard there is a 10-trip package and if all of us can use them together to and from the aiport in two different days.

Found we can take the M2 line from the aiport to Noroport, then transfer to the S-train northbound to Nordhavn.

Many thanks. Appreciated all your help.

Danish Viking,

Thanks for your info on getting to and from the hotel. We will have carry-on luggage (1- each) and is this a problem taking on the transportation system?

Also, is there a place near the cruise terminal to change our money DDK.

Thanks

@ kff1

All trains and busses has low floor access and the trains has areas for bycycles where luggage can fit in easily and its only the metro that don't have overhead racks.

The front area of the busses has some kind of flex room at the front where its better to keep your luggage.

@ PC168

You can take the metro also but the airport train is more comfortable and Nørreport is one big construction site the next few years.

The cheapest train ticket is the 2 zone klippekort, it will cost you 145 DKK but it will get the 3 adults to and from the airport and the cruise terminal with 5 stamps each way.

6 single 3 zone tickets will cost you 216 so it is a great discount and its more easier to just validate the card 5 times in the yellow boxes that it is to buy 3 tickets in the machine.

The 15 year old will pay for a childrens 3 Zone ticket that I believe costs 18 DKK each way.

@ kff1

Sorry I forgot to add some info, I don't know what facilities they provide at the cruise terminal so I will owe you a answer on this one.:)

Unlike the previous poster you are better off without the klippekort because 4 single tickets (two 2 zone and two 3 zone tickets (24•2 and 36•2=120 DKK)) is cheaper than the 2 zone klippekort that cost 145 DKK.

2 Zones are the minimum amount of zones that you can travel so the is no cheaper 1 zone klippekort

@ PC168

You can take the metro also but the airport train is more comfortable and Nørreport is one big construction site the next few years.

The cheapest train ticket is the 2 zone klippekort, it will cost you 145 DKK but it will get the 3 adults to and from the airport and the cruise terminal with 5 stamps each way.

6 single 3 zone tickets will cost you 216 so it is a great discount and its more easier to just validate the card 5 times in the yellow boxes that it is to buy 3 tickets in the machine.

The 15 year old will pay for a childrens 3 Zone ticket that I believe costs 18 DKK each way.

Thank you Danish Viking. To make it simple and if we take the train from the airport to Noroport, then transfer the S-Train to Nordhavn, we would pay the 36DKK x 3 + 18DKK = 126DKK for each way. The question is, can we buy this ticket in the machine in the airport train station and do they accept pin credit card? Does the machine have English? Or may be there is a live person at the station? Also, would there be other cost that we have to pay?

Appreciated all your help and patient.

Archived