I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ davesgirl51

There is only one commercial airport in Copenhagen and its called Københavns Lufthavn, Kastrup and the IATA code is CPH.

I know that Scandic Front, Copenhagen and Webers have included breakfast.

I don´t think that dinner is included in any prices on any hotels but i could be wrong.

There are really no hotels near the cruiseport and after what you described a taxi is probably best way to get around with luggage.

Thank you so much ... 2 last questions cost of cab from airport to hotel hotel to cruise terminal.

Thank you :)

@ Alaskanb

Here you can find all the train and S-train lines, the line between Hillerød and Helsingør is operated by another company so its not on this map.

http://www.dsb.dk/find-og-kob/indland/koreplaner/

Here it is for Lokalbanen.

http://www.lokalbanen.dk/K%C3%B8replaner.aspx

This is the best i could find for the metro.

http://m.dk/#!/om+metroen/rejseinformation/rutekort

Thank you so much!

I feel like I've hit the jackpot on Copenhagen advice!

I am planning a trip with my husband in August 2013. So far I've learned about the Copenhagen card (we will buy 72 hrs), where to stay (thanks everyone for recommending the Square - my husband insists on A/C not open windows), and the free city tours to get an introduction.

I'm very early in our planning but had a few simple questions to ask.

1) How large are the standard serving sizes at restaurants in Copenhagen? We were both surprised in Venice when we were told the pizzas were "personal sized" only to find out they were the equivalent of a Dominos Medium/Large Pizza.

2) If we are surprised by a serving size are takeaway boxes something that is common there? In Venice we left an entire pizza as takeaway boxes were a foreign concept.

3) If we are able to see the serving size before we order is it possible to split a meal? Is it rude to do that? To go along with this, my husband and I like to eat small frequent meals while we travel. For instance, we'd eat the hotel breakfast at 8, split a pastry at 10, eat a sandwich at 11:30 and then eat again at 2pm. Dinner would be once a day.

One last question. Looking at the Tivoli webpage I have come across the prices for various activities. I obviously know what DKK is but what is AUD when it comes to prices? Is this just possibly an error with Google Translate?

Ex:

Packages

All Inclusive - adult 8 years + 450 AUD

All Inclusive - child 0-7 years 299 AUD

PULSE package - Adult 8 years + 319 AUD

PULSE package - child 0-7 years 225 AUD

One last question. Looking at the Tivoli webpage I have come across the prices for various activities. I obviously know what DKK is but what is AUD when it comes to prices? Is this just possibly an error with Google Translate?

Ex:

Packages

All Inclusive - adult 8 years + 450 AUD

All Inclusive - child 0-7 years 299 AUD

PULSE package - Adult 8 years + 319 AUD

PULSE package - child 0-7 years 225 AUD

My guess is Australian dollar.....

Hello: Are there maps that shows the geographic location of train stops and lines within Copenhagen and also to Helsingor and Hellerod? Thanks.

I will add (for the benefit of all) that the locals on the trains and busses were always so helpful .... making sure we got off at the correct stop ... and even pointing out the nearest return bus stop ....

We plan to visit Frederiksborg and Kronborg next July. I see there is an included guided tour at Kronborg. Are there any included guided tours or Audio Guides available at Frederiksborg? We plan to tour on our own, but always enjoy the included tours to learn much more.

We will be in Copenhagen for 3 days prior to a cruise and have been there several times before, so we are looking to venture outside of town a little more this time. Are these 2 castles do-able in one day or will we feel very rushed? We aren't usually into reading and touring every exhibit, just wandering and getting an overall highlights for the place. Thanks!

Thanks. I couldn't find an English version so I just used Google Translate and it worked well.

I knew I had read it in English before so e-mailed them

"The English version of our website is not available at the moment, but it should be up and running in about a week."

:)

@ blonde1981

Sharing meals was a hot topic in the danish press a few months ago, Most restaurants will charge you extra if you are to share a meal with another person.

Pizzas are typical large but meals on a real restaurants are probably medium sized.

@ davesgirl51

Around 300-350 DKK from the airport to downtown Copenhagen and probably around 200 DKK from there and out to the freeport cruise terminal.

@ GACRUISER456

I once did a tour with a couple here from cruisecritic where we visited Frederiksborg, Kronborg and Tivoli in one day so it is possible.

For the other question you have to look it up yourself.

http://www.dnm.dk/UK/Forside.htm

To our own private miracle - Danish Viking

Your country should be made aware of how much work you do to make thousands of cruisers more comfortable and enable them to enjoy your city to the fullest.

I have spent hours pouring over the various hotels. I was looking for a central location as we are two elderly ladies and can't do a lot of walking. Also, was looking for one that obviously would be clean, somewhat quiet and reasonable. We settled on the Cabinn City. Do you know anything about it or even about its location?

If any of you had any problems finding a somewhat cheap hotel room this year here are the explanation.

Copenhagen had an increase in occupancy of the hotel rooms by 6,2% in the first 9 months of the year resulting in 2,504,631 rented out rooms and that is some where around 9,400 rooms per day.

With 20,201 rooms in the entire capital region I´m guessing that the 15,000 of them are located in Copenhagen so it´s alot of rooms but also alot in use.

Archived