bon voyage bayview5 and all on Sun Princess

Mate of mine Jim with wife Reiko, who boarded SP for Beijing to Sydney sector, has sent me an an email from the ship, said many Aussies on SP who have been on SP since 14 July, will be glad to be home, bored with the food, entertainment & shipboard life, generally BUT then he said there are many on board who have had the greatest adventure of their lives! Each to his/her own. 75 days would be too much for me.

:confused:

Well I was one of those who boarded on the 14th of July but unfortunately I was only on for 3 days!!! So hard to imagine that after all these weeks so many of the people we met are still on the ship and only now getting back into Australian waters. I would certainly loved to have stayed on for longer but I think 75 days would perhaps be a little too long - sure would be nice to have the option though!

Lesley:)

Forgot to mention further info from my mate on SP on the seas.

Two Aussies got married two days ago at Sundowners Bar on SP, yes they met on the 75 dayer, hot stuff happens out there.

Also lots of coughs and colds onboard. Smart people staying away from buffet.

Two Aussies got married two days ago at Sundowners Bar on SP, yes they met on the 75 dayer, hot stuff happens out there.

Wow!! I hope the magic continues when they arrive home, but just think about the surprise for their families! :)

Forgot to mention further info from my mate on SP on the seas.

Also lots of coughs and colds onboard. Smart people staying away from buffet.

I wonder who married them as I thought the captain was not able to do that any more, plus don't you need to give a months notice to marry.That must be on hell of a whirlwind romance.

Would it still be legal as they are outside of Australia.

Most Princess ships I have been on carried an American Catholic Priest, SP is an American ship right? So the marriage would be OK'd by the American Catholic Church, even if somewhere in the China Sea? Have to get an answer. Mr Arxcards, come on Geoff, you should know these things!

:p :confused:

Most Princess ships I have been on carried an American Catholic Priest, SP is an American ship right? So the marriage would be OK'd by the American Catholic Church, even if somewhere in the China Sea? Have to get an answer. Mr Arxcards, come on Geoff, you should know these things!

:p :confused:

Marriage is not my expertise. Only done it once.

I don't know that they have a chaplain or representative of the church routinely onboard here. The interdenominational Sunday service on our cruise was performed by the Captain - Peter Russell.

They used to perform marriages on SP when she was US based, but removed as an option since coming here. I was under the impression that a Captain had no formal marriage accreditation in Australia and they could only perform a renewal of vows.

Always possible that someone onboard could perform an official marriage, but organised independent of Princess.

Kiwi Kruzer I reckon Carnival should present you with the 2008 Princess Cruise Publicity Award for all those fine pictures you have posted.

Thanks ;)

Well done.! Clap, Clap.:p Three cheers for the Kiwi Kruzer, hip, hip..:confused:

Thanks ;)

Well done.! Clap, Clap.:p Three cheers for the Kiwi Kruzer, hip, hip..:confused:

HOORAY...............................we have friends onboard also so it has been great following them around .......a claytons cruise......:D:D cheers shiona

Kiwi Kruzer I reckon Carnival should present you with the 2008 Princess Cruise Publicity Award for all those fine pictures you have posted.

Thanks ;)

..and I will add a 3 cheers for Kiwi Cruiser as well!!

Archived