bon voyage bayview5 and all on Sun Princess

Thanks Kiwi Kruiser..a shame we do not have a CC'er on board, reporting live every few days, as TommyH and I did last Sun Princess cruise.

Cheers..Les:cool:

Hi Les , my friends onboard Sun Princess are members of CC, but usually lurkers.

I have received e-mails, but just general things.

flat seas all the way so far, temperature in Hawaii 30 c.

but they have heard about Pacific Sun, as we have other friends on her doing BTBTB.(3 cruises). we have not heard from them so we assume they are OK.

I e-mailed the photos from the NZ herald.

if I receive any news I will post it.

kind regards, Lorraine

Leaving, and off to San Francisco...

4 days at sea coming up.

Looks like they got some

of the famous rain.

sun_bridgeboundsf.jpg

Everyone on SUN must be having such a great time....they've forgotten about CC and Internet :rolleyes: . Perhaps we'll get some feedback during these next days at sea.....hope the silence doesn't mean the dreaded norovirus has struck and they are confined to cabins :eek: .

A little competition going on here :p . Great shots......thanks :) .

B E V

Now Annatoo, please say SUN PRINCESS not just SUN. Remember there is Sun Princess and Pacific Sun, we must not confuse the two. Now we also have Pacific Dawn and Dawn Princess, we have to ensure we don't confuse them as well by using the full names.!

Now I am thinking what other ships could we get confused about ? Good job Pacific Star has gone, because that got confused with Star Princess. When I did my Star Princess cruise in 2004, a friend said how was the 'Star', its a bit old isn't it, time P&O got rid of it ? I said ''Not the Pacific Star' you dolt, the Star Princess, it is it brand new and a big Princess ship."

Cheers..Les, last ship the Sun, sorry Sun Princess.:p

(Now you have me confused and Annatoo.!!):cool:

Now Annatoo, please say SUN PRINCESS not just SUN. Remember there is Sun Princess and Pacific Sun, we must not confuse the two. Now we also have Pacific Dawn and Dawn Princess, we have to ensure we don't confuse them as well by using the full names.!

Now I am thinking what other ships could we get confused about ? Good job Pacific Star has gone, because that got confused with Star Princess. When I did my Star Princess cruise in 2004, a friend said how was the 'Star', its a bit old isn't it, time P&O got rid of it ? I said ''Not the Pacific Star' you dolt, the Star Princess, it is it brand new and a big Princess ship."

Cheers..Les, last ship the Sun, sorry Sun Princess.

(Now you have me confused and Annatoo.!!)

Hi Les....truly sorry for abbreviating :rolleyes: . I know whether I'm referring to SP or PS - DP or PD :confused: . Surely they could be more original in naming these ships. Oh dear....DP is also Diamond Princess :p . Which brings me to my last cruise on SP....Sapphire Princess ;) . A magnificent ship and although we ran into "rough" weather prior to Fjordland there was scarcely any movement. Not like your crossing - I kept a close watch on the webcam. Pretty scary :eek: . I know I'll be a little disappointed in SUN PRINCESS after the Sapphire experience...but hey - we are cruising 35 nights to idyllic Ports. My only regret is being unable to stretch the budget to a Balcony, however no intention of spending more time than necessary in the cabin (Stateroom?). I recall cruising on FAIRSTAR in the 80's...inside 4-berth cabin with shared facilities along the corridor :p. She really rock'n'rolled crossing the Tasman.

Byeeee B E V

Hi Les....truly sorry for abbreviating :rolleyes: . I know whether I'm referring to SP or PS - DP or PD :confused: . Surely they could be more original in naming these ships. Oh dear....DP is also Diamond Princess :p . Which brings me to my last cruise on SP....Sapphire Princess ;) .

Byeeee B E V

SP & DP are for Sun and Dawn Princesses, as per their own list. I guess they had those abbreviations before Sapphire and Diamond were built. I guess PS is okay for Pacific Sun, now that Pacific Star has departed, and PD has no competition.

Snipped from a Princess post:

The list (Princess made these up, not me):

CB - Caribbean Princess

CO - Coral Princess

CP - Sea Princess

DI - Diamond Princess

NP - Golden Princess

AP - Grand Princess

SA - Sapphire Princess

TP - Star Princess

DP - Dawn Princess

IP - Island Princess

SP - Sun Princess

PA - Pacific Princess

GP - Regal Princess

RP - Royal Princess

TA - Tahitian Princess

Thanks for the pics. I have been following the reports on the roll call..food and entertainment is a bit dreary, not much changed since we got off on 14/7 in Sydney. Maybe with a lot of Americans getting on in Frisco, the normal Princess standards might come back, as Carnival will not want to displease their prime customer source, hope so for the pax sake, run out of bananas too! Hope the beer does not run out.

Only 47 days to go.:p

I have been receiving e-mails and postcards from my mates on board, and not all passengers are happy little vegemite's .

food is average...and staff are not the best...

read into that any way you wish..

Bayview5 and wife are enjoying themselves , he went snorkeling with the stingrays and reef sharks in Tahiti and said it was awesome..visited Pearl Harbour in Hawaii, and looking forward to seeing the bears in Alaska.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

not all passengers are happy little vegemite's .food is average...and staff are not the best...

I can understand that.

A 75 day cruise is a big ask for all passengers and crew.

You have to approach it with the right mind set. Its not like a 10/12 day cruise where its all go,go,go.

You can get a bit tired of lobster and caviar every day and find yourself longing for a burnt sausage from the barbie and a big helping of mashed spud.

Archived