Live from the Monarch - Panama Canal repositioning

rubrrick

Welcome everyone.........as we are about ready to set sail from the port of Los Angeles headed for Miami!

Lots of wonderful CC friends have been aboard for the past week, saying goodbye to an old friend.

I'm staying aboard with my DW........and will be writing as we work our way south........and thru the Panama Canal......to our final destination......Miami.

Jump in and join me.......as we can do this virtually!!:) :)

Rick

Hi, Rick - miss you already!

Sorry that I didn't see you this morning to say goodbye...................

What cabin do you have? ;)

Afternoon everyone!!

Jean........Don got some wonderful pictures of us sailing out of San Pedro, and I hope that you can post some of them. Yes....he has a picture of us on our balcony!! When the gsm called to let us know that for a small charge we were being upgraded........so the picture of Bobbie and I along with part of the Harbor Police is from the RS. We feel honored and at home.

We had a wonderful CC party this morning.......with about 40 in attendenance. The Food and Beverage manager gave us an open bar and great appitizers. Captain Karin joined us, along with most of the senior officers......and fun was had by all.

The seas are quite calm with a following sea. The pool area is crowded as the sky is sunny and in the 80's. The crowd is great!! The ship is throwing 3 D & D+ cocktail hours on the 16 night trip.

Someone did not show up for an Owners Suite........so that will raffled off tomorrow at bingo. Someone is going to feel very lucky.

The food is wonderful.........no $14.95 steak!! The steak is on the menu nightly as an alternative!!

We miss so many of you that were with us on the last 3 night and 4 night trip.

I have let the CC group know that I'm doing a "live" thread, and hopefully some will join in.

Hi to all my NOOTS friends!!:D

Rick

Welcome everyone.........as we are about ready to set sail from the port of Los Angeles headed for Miami!

Lots of wonderful CC friends have been aboard for the past week, saying goodbye to an old friend.

I'm staying aboard with my DW........and will be writing as we work our way south........and thru the Panama Canal......to our final destination......Miami.

Jump in and join me.......as we can do this virtually!!:) :)

Rick

Rick, I will be up early on the morning of the 2nd watching the Monarch sail down Government Cut from the Marriott Biscayne Bay in Miami. We board the Freedom that afternoon. I plan to get photos of her arrival back home on the east coast. Have a great cruise.

Hi Rick!

I'll be sure to watch your transit through the PC on the PC cam on the 28th!

Who ever wins that Bingo game is going to be one happy person! I remember on our PC cruise they also had a Bingo game for that upgrade and my ticket was just one number off! :eek:

Thanks for posting LIVE as the Monarch leaves her beloved CA for FL....better watch out all you FL cruisers, one great ship and crew are headed your way!!! :D

Have a great cruise, we'll keep everything in order here in AZ!!! :D :) :D

Great pictures Jean. I'm getting teary eyed as well. What a nice send off.

Rick, have a wonderful time! And back in the Royal Suite as well. I wish we could be with you guys for this.

Give our beloved Monarch a big hug for me.

Nancy

Great pic's Jean. Very emotional seeing her sailing off into the sunset! ;)

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Hi Rick! Its still hot here, yesterday was 98* Hopefully by time you get home (we'll be in Chicago until 11/6 then) it will finally be cool and we can enjoy some great AZ weather. :)

Hope you enjoyed your sea days!

Happy Sunday to all from the Monarch (day 3) as we sail southward to our first port of call....Puerto Vallerta. The weather continues to be warm sunshine.....with following seas.

Jean.......fantastic pictures!! Doris (we all remember her from her B2B2B) continues to keep us in stitches with her jokes!!

Captain Karin filled some of us in over dinner on the drydock plans, including new restrooms in the public areas, some upgraded equipment and much new carpeting. The hull gets a total scrape and repaint.

I think I mentioned yesterday that the Monarch is trying a program where the Viking Crown Lounge is being opened between 5 and 6 PM on certain evenings for D, D+ and suite guests...........ala concierge lounge. The first one is tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi to all of my friends that were with us on the last sailing in LA.

Special HI to Jean and Celia............thanks for the wonderful job you two did. Captain Karin is very appreciative of her gifts!!

HI to the NOOTS!!:)

Rick

Sounds wonderful Rick. We're all sitting on the other side of our computers reading your postings with envy. :D

I am interested in how they are going to try to make up for the lack of a concierge lounge. Sounds like a great idea to open the Viking Crown.

Are there a lot of D/D+ onboard?

I think I mentioned yesterday that the Monarch is trying a program where the Viking Crown Lounge is being opened between 5 and 6 PM on certain evenings for D, D+ and suite guests...........ala concierge lounge. The first one is tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

This should be nice... I will also be interested in hearing how it goes.

Thanks for the updates! :D

Rick

That sounds wonderful! I hope the program goes well. I do admit I missed the use of a CL while on the Monarch in addition to a specialty restaurant. Jade doesn't count. I want Chops.:) :) :)

Have a great trip.

I see some requests for time and date of the Panama Canal portion.

I'll get with Captain Karin in the next day or two on approximate times. Can someone tell me where the cams are located. Are they in the Mia Flora locks........top or bottom?? Where else?? Any at the Gatun locks?

If I know what to look for......Captain Karin can give me a better feel for times. I know that we will line up around 6 AM for the que!!

I'm enjoying reading the comments. Keep em coming!!:)

Rick

Archived