Can you buy Tim Tams in USA?

[quote name='rdsqrl']

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]Pia, I want to hear if the Pepperidge Farm Tim Tams are as good as the Arnott ones. Please report back when you do finally cave in and open that freezer door![/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

I will check back later today. Scale good; too early for Tim Tams. :)

Hi Pia,

Glad you found your Tim Tams. I found mine in our Safeway store. I bought the package and intended to eat every one of them, but my DH found them on the counter and I only ended up eating two of the cookies. But they were delish!

Vette

Thank you for educating all of us on this thread:D My life has been enriched that much more enriched for learning about Tim Tams!

If we are ever on a cruise together, we can share some food goodies. Enjoy your US visit.

If you do take some Tim Tams to share on your cruise, I predict a Billie and Charlie's Mum fanclub :)

[quote name='helpmesailaway']Thank you for educating all of us on this thread:D My life has been enriched that much more enriched for learning about Tim Tams!

If we are ever on a cruise together, we can share some food goodies. Enjoy your US visit.

If you do take some Tim Tams to share on your cruise, I predict a Billie and Charlie's Mum fanclub :)[/quote]

LOL, Thanks Helpmesailaway.

When I asked the question, I had no idea it would evoke such lively debate or produce so many converts.

I will certainly take some on my future cruises and try and educate more of the masses.

I would love to meet some of you someday on a cruise. It would be fun!

[QUOTE=Billy and Charlie's Mum;22027428]LOL, Thanks Helpmesailaway.

When I asked the question, I had no idea it would evoke such lively debate or produce so many converts.

I will certainly take some on my future cruises and try and educate more of the masses.

I would love to meet some of you someday on a cruise. It would be fun![/QUOTE]

I'll be the one wearing the old-lady cossie!

[quote name='MMDown Under']You must be from NSW.[/QUOTE]

Nope - just a Yank! Had the pleasure (years ago) of sailing with two very nice girls from AUS on a tall ship cruising the Grenadines. When I walked by, one of them said, "Nice cossie!", and I didn't have a clue! Also, one of the crew was from South Africa, and she also used the same term. We got to talking, and I was told that "cossie" was a slang term for "costume" - meaning "bathing costume", which is what we Yanks commonly call a "bathing suit". I also learned the background of "Waltzing Matilda". Seems that way back when, in the early days of Aussie mining camps, it was pretty much all male. So, the bored male miners danced with each other (probably pretty drunk and sexually deprived), and called their partner "Hilda". It became "Waltzing My Hilda", which later became "Waltzing Matilda". Learned this from those two Aussie girls!

BTW - Watched a movie called "Rabbit-Proof Fence" a couple of years ago. Amazing! We have a similar history here.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Well, Eileen, now you've gone and done it: you've created yet another cookie monster. I was doing my usual grocery shopping in Target today and there they were, Pepperidge Farm Tim Tams -- on sale, no less!!! They had dark chocolate, caramel, and creamy (milk) chocolate. I bought the latter. [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][I]YOWZER! THEY ARE INSANELY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]And oh so rich. I'm hardly one of those neurotic skinny chick who claims to get full on a single celery stalk, but I could barely finish one Tim Tam! I'm bringing a packet home for Thanksgiving, where I expect the gratitude of my cookie-loving mother will vastly increase my share of the inheritence![/COLOR][/FONT]

Sigh........I was being so good after my vacation.....so good....Tim Tams were on sale at our local grocery store and I held off ...till today.....funny thing was is that we live three blocks from the grocery store and yet the Caramel Tim Tams package were missing two cookies by the time I got home :rolleyes:

[quote name='quincytoo']Sigh........I was being so good after my vacation.....so good....Tim Tams were on sale at our local grocery store and I held off ...till today.....funny thing was is that we live three blocks from the grocery store and yet the Caramel Tim Tams package were missing two cookies by the time I got home :rolleyes:[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]It's those darned cookie leprechauns -- I think they're related to the gin leprechauns that have been at my liquor supply . . . [/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='rdsqrl'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]It's those darned cookie leprechauns -- I think they're related to the gin leprechauns that have been at my liquor supply . . . [/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

LOL I got the gin leprechaun's cousin, the wine leprechaun living at my house......as I tell my husband we are getting our tolarance built up for the next cruise :rolleyes:

Those Tim Tams don't last very long do they??? That package I smuggled in the house today only has half a pack left!!!! Clearly Canada needs a jumbo pack:D

[quote name='quincytoo']Sigh........I was being so good after my vacation.....so good....Tim Tams were on sale at our local grocery store and I held off ...till today.....funny thing was is that we live three blocks from the grocery store and yet the Caramel Tim Tams package were missing two cookies by the time I got home :rolleyes:[/quote]

Oh! It must have been that darn Cookie Monster celebrating 40 years of Sesame Street :eek:

[quote name='rdsqrl'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=indigo]Well, Eileen, now you've gone and done it: you've created yet another cookie monster. I was doing my usual grocery shopping in Target today and there they were, Pepperidge Farm Tim Tams -- on sale, no less!!! They had dark chocolate, caramel, and creamy (milk) chocolate. I bought the latter. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][I]YOWZER! THEY ARE INSANELY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#4b0082]And oh so rich. I'm hardly one of those neurotic skinny chick who claims to get full on a single celery stalk, but I could barely finish one Tim Tam! I'm bringing a packet home for Thanksgiving, where I expect the gratitude of my cookie-loving mother will vastly increase my share of the inheritence![/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

LOL - another convert!

[quote name='mississauga']Reporting from Canada. LOL . Just saw a picture of Arnott's Tim Tam Cookies advertised in our Walmart flyer. We get it here too, it seems.[/quote]

See if they dark chocolate. My Target didn't. Milk Chocolate disagrees with me and the regular and caramel are both milk chocolate. Go try them Mary and let me know. :D

[quote name='Pia1913']See if they dark chocolate. My Target didn't. Milk Chocolate disagrees with me and the regular and caramel are both milk chocolate. Go try them Mary and let me know. :D[/quote]

Even though you are keeping them in the freezer this is not helping.
Let it go. :p Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just got back from my weekly grocery shopping trip and saw Tim Tams! They are made by Peppridge Farms and advertised as "Australia's favorite cookie!"
Have to say they look fantastic but with a little over a month until our next cruise, I didn't buy any!