MDR concerns

cruising deacon

Wait what? The fettuccine Alfredo in the parm bowl is gone? This is a practical joke right?

The cheese bowl was my wife's favorite part of the dish. She was disappointed when she ordered the Alfredo on the Island Princess back in Sept. that the bowl was missing. It didn't keep her from eating the pasta.

P.S. I am now required to make the same cheese bowl for her when I make an Alfredo dish at home.

Thanks Princess!

Happy Trails

:whiskey-glass:

I sailed the Crown last month on the Transatlantic. The menu is awful to my way of thinking. The always available was changed from beef medallions to a hamburger. Doesn't everyone want a hamburger for dinner on a cruise? The shrimp cocktails were small shrimp that are under cooked so they went back. The last night didn't have the Tom turkey but had meatloaf. I find the food not to my expectations which they used to be. ALSO they changed the pizza recipe and it's no longer the best Pizza on the seas. I know some people like hamburgers and meatloaf but it's not what used to be considered dining, it's more like fast food replaced the banquet food.

Nope no joke. Just got off Grand Sunday. I don't think they had it on Regal in November either. I recall my daughters disappointment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ugh this was my goto at least 30% of the time since I don’t do seafood and like my beef well (so I don’t order steaks since that’s just a hockey puck)

Recently I heard that the selections have been reduced on MDR menus, also that they are now allowing people to wear shorts in the MDR. Does anyone know anything about these MDR issues?

The selection in the MDR have been reduced. In the last few years. Now please read all the post and you wil see 99% of the people will tell you they have not seen anyone with shorts on in the MDR. Only one guy in-particular on this post will tell you it’s ok and he has seen people with shorts no all the time.

I never have in over 50 cruises.

Tony

You can request it a day ahead. DH did this on our last cruise.

Plus, as I recall, you rarely got the parm bowl when you ordered the fettucini as an appetizer, but always when ordered as a main. My daughter in law always asked for it, no matter if she had it as an app or main, and she got it. I'll give it a try when I'm on the Regal next week!

Maureen

OMG! I wish the menus would change. With the exception of a couple of items, the menus haven't changed in the past couple of years. The main difference is that the starters, soups and salads are all lumped together. The pasta course is lumped in with the main courses. You can still order a starter, a soup, a salad, a pasta, a main dish, a dessert etc. You can order it all if you want to, but who eats like that anymore?

I thought the number of choices and the food was very good on the Regal last week. As others have said, things seem to be lumped together, but you can still order as much as you wish.

Our last Princess cruise prior to this one was on the Caribbean Princess in December of 2015. I thought the dining experience was much better on the Regal, especially in food presentation and taste. The only thing that stood out to me as different on the menus from 2015 was the absence of the Curtis Stone entrees.

No shorts![emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am on the Emerald currently. YES! I can confirm the ever shrinking choices on the MDR menu. In addition noticeable redundancy in every food venue is now common and obvious use of previous days left overs prepared another way perhaps in another food venue. Horizon Court ---- Big thumbs down from me. So few choices that it is ridiculous to even bother going there. Any kind of sandwich is now gone. IC still is OK, but also now more limited choices than before. The New Princess! BLAH!

Recently I heard that the selections have been reduced on MDR menus, also that they are now allowing people to wear shorts in the MDR. Does anyone know anything about these MDR issues?

I noticed this on my recent (first) Princess cruise, the menu choice was much smaller than on RCCL and I was surprised to see there was no steak option on the everyday menu. Very surprised to see a hamburger on the dinning room menu, really? A hamburger at dinner? I could understand it at the buffet, but not in a more formal dinning option.

That said, the food I did have was very nice.

You can still order a starter, a soup, a salad, a pasta, a main dish, a dessert etc. You can order it all if you want to, but who eats like that anymore?

we do. We make exception for salad, though. I don't want to waste my precious stomach space on salads when on a cruise. I'd rather get seafood and an exquisite dessert, and a decadent appetizer, and even a soup or two.