Are children required to eat off the kid's menu in the MDR?

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 9,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:06 AM.
75 Posts
Joined Nov 2016
Our first cruise was last year on NCL, and the first time we ate in one of the dining rooms my kids thought they had to order off the kid menus. My oldest ordered off the regular menu, my youngest decided he would always use the adult menu after that night. They tried all sorts of stuff they wouldn't have at home...who knew they'd both love octopus sushi?! They can get kid meal stuff wherever, it's fun for them to get to try new stuff on a cruise (and without me having to pay for them to try it at a regular restaurant at home, lol!).
Florida
24 Posts
Joined Apr 2018
Thanks, guys! We leave in 5 days, and are so pumped! I am very excited about them getting to try all the new things I wouldn't necessarily spend my money on when we are out. I'm not into wasting at all, and we usually split things, but I am going to try to not feel bad and see how many new things we can try while not being wasteful! They already agreed to try cold soup and escargot! WOOHOO! I think they are most excited about getting their OWN desserts! Hahaha!
The Third Coast - Nashville
8,720 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
Originally posted by helen haywood
My husband was ecstatic when he found out he could order the banana split off the kids’ menu!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Funny! Cuts both ways.

Roz
Poconos, PA
48 Posts
Joined May 2018
[quote=ReikiontheRun;55842067]I'm taking my two boys on their first cruise. Carnival Liberty . We aren't a kid's meal family. My kids prefer to split things off a regular menu because it tastes better.

Thanks for this question, as I had been wondering the same thing myself. My 11 year old is not a fan of most "kids meal' choices, and I certainly didn't get a discount on his fare as we booked a second cabin for our kids (my daughter is 19). Glad to know he can order what he likes without a problem.