The "New" Deli Menu

cuppettmd

I'm not thrilled with this as I like turkey but not on a pretzel bun. Hoping I can change the bread, unless they are pre made. I liked it years ago when you would tell them what you wanted and what bread you wanted it on.

Candi

I will miss the turkey on a country roll... But some of the other ones do look good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

We are originally from NY and certain things you just do not do in combination.

When we moved to Va kept seeing convenience stores with specials of pastrami and swiss. yuck

There is a deli in NYC near Madison Square Garden called Applebaums. They used to have a sign out front that read' date=' “Corned beef on white bread with mayo served only to those with Nebraska ID” [emoji12']

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not thrilled with this as I like turkey but not on a pretzel bun. Hoping I can change the bread, unless they are pre made. I liked it years ago when you would tell them what you wanted and what bread you wanted it on.

Candi

I had read that they will now be pre-made. They only have to heat the ones served hot. Kind of defeats the whole made to order aspect of the deli that made it great. New items are fine, but not pre-made.

There is a deli in NYC near Madison Square Garden called Applebaums. They used to have a sign out front that read, “Corned beef on white bread with mayo served only to those with Nebraska ID” [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL :evilsmile: I'm sure I'm setting myself up to be flamed, but 2 thoughts that popped into my brain (which is dangerous sometimes! :o) 1) those daily specials don't really seem like deli items. I always think of a deli item as sandwiches and side of salad. But whatever....if they want to cook it, I'll eat it! 2) DRUMROLL....why don't they make the ships that have Guy's Burgers a Guys Dawgs and Burgers? You can get the hot dog there and use the fixings station for add ons. I know this is tricky because not all ships have Guys. But then they can add another item to replace the hot dog. I am EXTREMELY easy to please and RARELY have any complaints, but I'm just throwing some stuff out there for fun! ;p

Okay, both of you listen to me and TRUST me...white toast, slather with mayo on one slice, peanut butter on the other, put some bacon on one slice, put one slice on top of the other, cut in half and eat....it is DELICIOUS. I am having one for dinner! :D It was my mom's "invention" and when anything special happened, she would make this for us. Try it, you'll like it!!! ;p

I thought our family was the only ones to do that!!!! Though we add banana to the peanut butter side. I love the sweet and salty combo. I eat very little bread now but may have to make an exception and make one soon. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought our family was the only ones to do that!!!! Though we add banana to the peanut butter side. I love the sweet and salty combo. I eat very little bread now but may have to make an exception and make one soon. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

(y)(y)

I know someone who regularly has toast with peanut butter, bacon and strawberry jam!!!:eek:

the peanut butter and bacon, I can imagine, but the jam on it too? Oh well we all have our favorite sammies. I should try it some day, but I am afraid I might like it. lol.

https://www.cruisehive.com/new-deli-menu-rolling-out-across-carnival-cruise-line-fleet/20493

The new Deli menu. At the moment the new menu is available on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory and the newest ship in the fleet Carnival Vista.

Noticed this was dated from Oct. 4, is there any further update regarding roll-out to all ships? Wonder if it will be on the Magic next month? :confused:

I'll be interested to see if Elation has the new menu come November 4th!

Honestly, it looks good, but I really, really hope that the sandwiches aren't pre-made. That just kills the whole concept of "deli".:(

agree. I am not especially happy about the "pre-made" thing. I have stayed a few times at a hotel who has pre-made sandwiches in a case in their lobby. First time I bought one, when I opened it, it reeked of unfresh, spoiled deli meat. I brought it back for another one, and the second one smelled the same. Desk clerk agreed it was not good, and refunded my money. A year later, same hotel, thought I would try one again...same experience, refund given again.

The thing about deli sandwiches, is they should be freshly prepared, and prepared to order, ie, hold the mayo, etc.

The new menu looks interesting,,,but not sure about the pre-made thing. Time will tell.