Fine Cooking Magazine from Captain's Club?????

cruisestitch

With today's emphasis on gender equality and political correctness wherever you go, could it be that they feared even more complaints about outmoded stereotyping if they had sent the cooking magazine to the women? :evilsmile:

With today's emphasis on gender equality and political correctness wherever you go, could it be that they feared even more complaints about outmoded stereotyping if they had sent the cooking magazine to the women? :evilsmile:

I’m sure your post is meant to be humorous, and it is, if one only considers a magazine out of context. Here’s the context. I don’t care if they send a cooking magazine (which we haven’t received anyway) to me, my husband or the fluffy dog next door. I do care that, even though I book all travel, only Celebrity sends subsequent emails regarding that travel to my husband! Every other airline, hotel, condo booking agent, resort and restaurant contacts the person who booked the service. Why is Celebrity stuck in some dark past, in which women were merely chattel without legal or financial standing? I realize these issues are simply leftovers from the inception of the line, but it’s way past time to fix them.

I’m sure your post is meant to be humorous, and it is, if one only considers a magazine out of context. Here’s the context....

Aw, come on, tell us how you really feel... 😁

X's practice doesn’t really bother me anymore.

After all, though I book all the travel, my DH pays for all of it. 😉

We didn't get a magazine, but I would love one!

I also do all the research and book all the travel and my husband pays for it. But I get all the emails and confirmations. Maybe because I list myself first on the reservation? I'm sure Celebrity has some sort of system matrix that decides who to send those too and I highly doubt it is set up to always send to a male on the reservation. If that was the case my husband would be getting the correspondence instead of me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Aw, come on, tell us how you really feel... 😁

X's practice doesn’t really bother me anymore.

After all, though I book all the travel, my DH pays for all of it. 😉

Yes. You’re right. I should take a few deep breaths and regain perspective;). And it will be really amusing if DH receives the cooking magazine:D

HELEN,

I too book and pay for all our cruises, yet my husband got all the emails and snail mails. Then he became my EX and I got the emails; they are addressed to HIS NAME but at my address. Physical and email addresses.

Now, once again I book and pay for all Celebrity cruises, and my BOYFRIEND gets all the emails and snail mail!! Chauvinistic much?

I have almost the exact same story.....except everything was addressed to my daughter's boyfriend who I treated for a cruise with my daughter, and now everything is to my boyfriend who never went on a cruise until he met me.....

• 4 months later...
I thought I would resurrect this thread to find out if anyone has received their renewal notice for this "fine" cooking magazine.

We did and only 2 more issues to come. Renewal is $32 per year, but we won't renew. I'm sure if you want the magazine you could order online.

I thought I would resurrect this thread to find out if anyone has received their renewal notice for this "fine" cooking magazine.

Yes, got the renewal notice yesterday for a magazine that I never ordered in the first place.

We’ve been receiving two copies. One for me and one for my husband. Up until reading this thread we were wondering how we came to be getting this magazine.

We also just received two renewal notices. Even though I like the free magazine I won’t be paying to renew it.

We haven't received a renewal invoice, but we have been receiving it on a monthly basis. I've never bothered to inquire as to why we have been getting it. Has anyone done so? If it makes any difference we are low level Zenith members of the Captain's Club.

How are you getting the magazine monthly? Are you getting old issues? They only publish every 2 months.

• 5 months later...

Follow up -- today I received an email that I had renewed my subscription.  The subscription I never ordered.  I also never gave this magazine my email address, so clearly that came from Captain's Club.  

Frankly, I would rather see the price of my cruise go down rather than get promotions (magazines and flowers) I'm not interested in. :classic_cool:

Any guesses why Celebrity started sending you the magazine?

I find it a nice gesture and appreciate Celebrity making the effort. I would love it even more if it was aligned to my interests around architecture and design, but I know that would be asking too much.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Follow up -- today I received an email that I had renewed my subscription.  The subscription I never ordered.  I also never gave this magazine my email address, so clearly that came from Captain's Club.  

Frankly, I would rather see the price of my cruise go down rather than get promotions (magazines and flowers) I'm not interested in. :classic_cool:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, K...  Though I now recall reading this in the past, it created a connection that didn't initially come to mind...

I wasn't among those who received this magazine last year--and didn't feel deprived--but received an e-mail this morning that thanks me for my subscription and--in addition to having my correct e-mail address--cites my correct mailing address...  I knew I hadn't subscribed and put it on my calendar to contact them on Tuesday...  Their e-mail today makes no reference to Celebrity!

I did see--and appreciate--your fairly recent comments here relative to your experience aboard Edge...  So far, I've only seen the ship's exterior while dropping boarding friends off at Port Everglades but I'll be aboard for a week in the Caribbean on 10 March and again for the Transatlantic on 28 April...  We'll see...

Hope that you are well and happy...  Very best regards...

--M 

I don’t know how true it is and maybe others will confirm it.  

i asked why my wife gets all the emails confirming everything that I do on line when I log in and use my account, she has her own user name and PW.   I was told because our accounts are linked and her email is used because it recognizes her first name being listed first alphabetically on the accounts.   It is a real pain when I am trying to confirm something as I have to get her to forward it to me.  

I don’t know if that is the real reason as we all know Celebrity will say anything to cover up their crappy system.

We were getting those magazines  and they were addressed  to me but she gets the emails?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

27 minutes ago, miched said:

I don’t know how true it is and maybe others will confirm it.  

i asked why my wife gets all the emails confirming everything that I do on line when I log in and use my account, she has her own user name and PW.   I was told because our accounts are linked and her email is used because it recognizes her first name being listed first alphabetically on the accounts.   It is a real pain when I am trying to confirm something as I have to get her to forward it to me.  

I don’t know if that is the real reason as we all know Celebrity will say anything to cover up their crappy system.

We were getting those magazines  and they were addressed  to me but she gets the emails?

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Sadly, strange things can and do happen...  But your theory--while entirely plausible in the context of Celebrity's systems--doesn't work in my case...  In the nearly ten years since I first sailed with them, they would have no reason to regard me as anything other than a frequent solo cruiser... 

56 minutes ago, Xport said:

That is not my theory.  It is what Celebrtiy told me.   

If you are a solo cruiser there shouldn’t be any other email linked to your account.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅