Suites Passengers and Beverage Packages/Coffee

Larbo03

I understand that because Suites passengers have access to Michael's Club, that makes purchasing a beverage package unnecessary (at least for the hours MC is open). But then you're not able to just order a drink at other bars on the ship, right? What about coffee drinks from Cafe al Bacio? I heard that MC has a Nespresso machine, but wasn't sure if they served espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos, so I figured we'd go to Cafe al Bacio for our caffeine fix. We'll be on Reflection, and any info is appreciated, thanks!

You can order at whatever bar you choose, but you will be charged. All beverages are free in Michael's club only. MC does have cappuccinos and lattes available .

Sent from while daydreaming I am in Luminae

Michael club is open from 11am to 11pm. You can ask for any drink, alcoholic or not, coffee, latte, cappuccino and they will get it for you. If you order from a bar you will be charged

There is a server there starting at 7am in the morning.

It was open to midnight a couple weeks ago on summit. But if you want a few drinks at pool that does not help . Not sure if we will get it for next cruise, nice just having waiter in dinning room get us refill on wine rather than walk to michaels .

It was interesting watching people come in and order a drink. They made some small chit chat and walked out of MC with the drink in hand. I assumed the intent was to consume the drink in the club and not carry out the beverage. Other observations?

It was open to midnight a couple weeks ago on summit. But if you want a few drinks at pool that does not help . Not sure if we will get it for next cruise, nice just having waiter in dinning room get us refill on wine rather than walk to michaels .

Suite passengers are generally dining in Luminae. The sommelier will take care of your wine needs, no need to go to Michael's for a refill.

Suite passengers are generally dining in Luminae. The sommelier will take care of your wine needs, no need to go to Michael's for a refill.

Not true on my cruise, I asked sommelier what wine was included and was told none , michaels was on same deck as luminal but one was forward other was aft , this was on summit a couple of weeks ago.

"The sommelier will take care of your wine needs, no need to go to Michael's for a refill."

If you are saying that the Luminae Sommalier will go into Michael's Club to get you a refill on your wine, that would be a very unusual circumstance and I would not count on that happening.

The bottom line is, without a drinks package you will be charged for the drinks you order in any of the dining venues, at the pool, at the Oceanview Buffet, at Cafe al Bacio, in the theater, etc. .

Not true on my cruise, I asked sommelier what wine was included and was told none , michaels was on same deck as luminal but one was forward other was aft , this was on summit a couple of weeks ago.

Our experience also.

On the other hand may be better just to skip package and just order a bottle of nice wine at restaurant and a few drinks by the pool

I was told by MCC that MC is for suite guests to use and do not feel guilty taking the drinks out from MC

I understand that because Suites passengers have access to Michael's Club, that makes purchasing a beverage package unnecessary (at least for the hours MC is open). But then you're not able to just order a drink at other bars on the ship, right? What about coffee drinks from Cafe al Bacio? I heard that MC has a Nespresso machine, but wasn't sure if they served espresso drinks like lattes and cappuccinos, so I figured we'd go to Cafe al Bacio for our caffeine fix. We'll be on Reflection, and any info is appreciated, thanks!

My understanding of what beverages are complementary when in a suite in relation to your questions is as follows.

"... purchasing a beverage package unnecessary ..." Depends on which suite your are in. If Reflection, Penthouse, Royal or Signature suites, the premium beverage package is included the cost of the cabin for each occupant of the suite. If Celebrity or Sky suite, a beverage package is not included unless it was part of the booking conditions/marketing or purchased separately. To receive complementary beverages there would be as others highlight, the possible inconvenience of returning to Michael's every time you want a drink.

".. But then you're not able to just order a drink at other bars on the ship, right? ..." Correct. Beverages are only complementary inside Michael's.

"... What about coffee drinks from Cafe al Bacio? ..." Not complementary, you would have to pay when outside of Michael's

"... I figured we'd go to Cafe al Bacio for our caffeine fix ..." Your butler can bring you complementary cappuccino and espresso to your suite

Agreed George. We were on Silhouette and when the sommelier returned with out drinks I tried to give him my card but he said they had a record of it already. We had the package and had to sign slips for the difference over the package limit.

Our experience of MC on Reflection last October was a good one, always more than willing to help and serve whatever you fancy. We even found it open really early one morning, no staff but Nespresso machine set up to help ourselves.

I actually have a question if anyone knows the answer, we are back on same ship in May, in a suite but it was only the standard package included (last few cruises been premium). As I like Champagne with dinner does anyone know it's the standard package covers that in Luminae ?

I actually have a question if anyone knows the answer, we are back on same ship in May, in a suite but it was only the standard package included (last few cruises been premium). As I like Champagne with dinner does anyone know it's the standard package covers that in Luminae ?

The standard package just includes house type wines; there might be a sparkling wine (likely a cheap Prosecco) but highly unlikely to be a true Champagne available.

This is only true if you have a beverage package. You can order wine in Luminae, but you will be charged. If you are in a Royal Suite, Signature Suite or Reflection Suite, a premium beverage package is always included.

Not necessarily the case in the Celebrity Suite or in one of the many Sky Suites.

This is only true if you have a beverage package. You can order wine in Luminae, but you will be charged. If you are in a Royal Suite, Signature Suite or Reflection Suite, a premium beverage package is always included.

Not necessarily the case in the Celebrity Suite or in one of the many Sky Suites.

I believe the beverage package come with suite guest"s is always Premium drink package.

I believe the beverage package come with suite guest"s is always Premium drink package.

Just so we are all "on the same page" so to speak -- Suite staterooms don't always include a premium beverage package. One of our future bookings is a B2B in a Sky Suite. We have an "over 55" rate on both legs, and that senior rate means that we have no perks. Not having a beverage package nor having unlimited internet is not an issue for us as we have reached the Zenith level of the loyalty program so receive a premium beverage package and unlimited internet minutes through our loyalty level.

Just so we are all "on the same page" so to speak -- Suite staterooms don't always include a premium beverage package. One of our future bookings is a B2B in a Sky Suite. We have an "over 55" rate on both legs, and that senior rate means that we have no perks. Not having a beverage package nor having unlimited internet is not an issue for us as we have reached the Zenith level of the loyalty program so receive a premium beverage package and unlimited internet minutes through our loyalty level.

That's correct,there are some without drink and internet package because they have the resident rate or senior rate .