Bon Voyage World Cruisers 2010 ( thats better )

Gaznjo

floating nursing home

Oh - that is a bit unfair!! :) You should think of it more as a glamourous Hollywood film set - where they are making a new film - COCOON meets STRICTLY BALLROOM :p:p:p

Barry

But Cazz its a lot different on a world cruise.

At home do you go out drinking and spending every night?

You have to pace yourself.

Its the same with the food.....

I could not eat rich fancy food night after night,and thats why they will have several "plain " dishes on the menu to give you a choice.

Imagine Lobster and Beef Wellington , every night , night after night.

You would be longing for a good feed of sausages and mashed potatoes:D

That is a very good point that you make David. You couldn't keep eating all that fancy food, you would disembark as luggage. My husband always reckons when we travel that he looks forward to coming home to a home cooked meal (he isn't the one that cooks).

I wonder how plain the meals are?

hey guys... yes i know i am pathetic but I just got home from going out and taking a look at the Dawn and to get a feel for the buzz around her...

I am just uploading the photos now...

I was hoping that if I looked sad enough someone would feel sorry for me and offer me a ticket... nah didn't happen...

there was a pretty good mix of ages down there... though at one stage there was a line up of wheelchairs waiting for their embarkation photos..... lol

we gave them all types of weather ... started with sunshine .. then torrential thunder storm .. then sunshine again... but it would have been cold up there on deck when she finnally sailed away LOL....

cazz we have booked inside ... we did an inside at xmas .. it was only12 nights but it gave us a feel for it... the only thing it did make us do was book our inside midship as we got stuck with the very first cabin on the deck and did she rock and roll...

lobster everynight...pick me , pick me....... I had it for entree and I had it for main meal on our last cruise.... they wouldn't let me order one for dessert LOL.....

anyway I will get some pics up now

An inside cabin is better than no cabin on the cruise, maybe you will get a upgrade! It must be a nightmare planning for being away for such an extended period of time. Thank goodness for the internet.

Thanks for the lovely photos. I also notice that one of the blogs has an update, http://blog.bretthandy.com/ It will be interesting to see who is the most dedicated with their blogspot.

it is just a floating nursing home,,,,,,

Long live the floating nursing homes especially the 5* worldie ones ....those wily old devils keep my DH in work:D:D

You should think of it more as a glamourous Hollywood film set - where they are making a new film - COCOON meets STRICTLY BALLROOM :p

Barry

Love it Barry...........:D:D:D cheers Shiona

ps: we have often used the underground laden with luggage...only place in the world we have been where without asking complete strangers help you with you luggage to keep the flow of commuters going at a stready pace......

I wonder how plain the meals are?

My understanding is - not plain at all!! :) But that is not to say that you can't get some "plain" food when your body tells you "no more!!" One night On Pac Sun, I went to dinner, all dressed up and had a bowl of fruit sorbet for dinner. I had not yet digested my breakfast or my lunch - and my stomach said to me "No more" :p

When we first started cruising, big cooked breakfasts, 3 course lunches and 4 course dinners were a novelty - now I still like to try all the courses, but don't eat everything that is put on my plates - just a taste of this and a taste of that. And although I still LOVE my cooked breakfasts, I very much limit myself. Quality - rather than quantity :rolleyes:

Barry

we have often used the underground laden with luggage...only place in the world we have been where without asking complete strangers help you with you luggage to keep the flow of commuters going at a stready pace......

Shiona -You must go on a different Underground to the one we go on :D

Actually, it is very good and quite inexpensive transport (especially if you use an Oyster Card) -- much cheaper than that damned expensive Sydney airport train (4/5 stations from Mascot to Circular Quay costs something like $16!!)

The problem with the Underground is - getting on (with luggage) at Heathrow is EASY -- getting OFF the train further into London is DIFFICULT!! :p

Barry

Sandy

This is what I originally responded to - eventually cost us $12K each for the return journey on the 2 ships. (Inside guarantee) It seems that you cant believe everything you see advertised on t Internet :p

P&O webpages for each cruise Oriana Arcadia

The beauty of it is -- BRISBANE to BRISBANE. No flights !! :p Was reading a blog from one of the Dawn P's passengers - an they had the problem of limited baggage capacity because they had to fly to Sydney to pick up the ship. We can take whatever we like!!!:D:D Except we have to get to my sons place in London. Think we will get the train from Southampton to Waterloo and taxi it form there. In the past when we have flown to London (with only 1 suitcase each ) we have managed to use the Underground - but this time will have to get a taxi . It's only about 10 klms

Barry

Barry, that is fantastic - I thought you had to organise the different ships. I get that newsletter sent, also, but didn't notice it. As you say going from Brisbane is another bonus. It's just perfect - hope they do it again in the following years.

Had to laugh at this, though: Whitsunday Islands - New Zealand

Thanks for letting me know.

Coming home to Brisbane is the key!

After my atw, I came home with ten pieces of luggage (most in the hold) and I put on 2 stone, even though I danced every day on the ships, walked miles touring, etc.! (Fortunately I lost the 2 stone quickly on my return.)

You'll have us all wanting to go on an atw now!

Barry, that is fantastic - I thought you had to organise the different ships. I get that newsletter sent, also, but didn't notice it. As you say going from Brisbane is another bonus. It's just perfect - hope they do it again in the following years.

P&O UK seem to organise the WC's differently each year as they get a lot of repeat cruisers. (We met one lady who was on her 13th WC ) . It does pay to keep an eye on them as they get closer to sailing date , as sometimes they offer super deals on the segments down this way. Its quite possible to join the cruise in your home town and then just have a flight back from say Hong Kong or Singapore.

Thanks for all the great photos. Made us wish we were doing the whole world cruise not just Southampton to Sydney.

Food is always a problem on cruises. We find eating just fruit for breakfast helps. Must say early days of cruising we went for the cooked breakfast.

we have also returned from the Dawn Princess and on previous cruises the coffee wasnt so bad but this cruise it was lousy and i wouldnt like to drink that coffee for 104 days

rkmw

we have also returned from the Dawn Princess and on previous cruises the coffee wasnt so bad but this cruise it was lousy and i wouldnt like to drink that coffee for 104 days

rkmw

hey bob welcome back..... didn't you have your coffee bags with you !! what about prawns were they back on in the buffet!!

joanne

What coffee are we talking about? The expresso coffee in the coffee bar, the filtered coffee in the dining room or the instant coffee in the Buffet??

Barry

hi Barry, the instant coffee in the buffett and the coffee near the grill it was lousy....we had friends go thru 3 coffee cards which was better

hi Joanne, yes we had prawns a couple of days and we had a good crowd onboard

bob

Thanks for all the great photos. Made us wish we were doing the whole world cruise not just Southampton to Sydney.

Food is always a problem on cruises. We find eating just fruit for breakfast helps. Must say early days of cruising we went for the cooked breakfast.

Yes those buffet breakfasts, hashbrowns, bacon, snags, corned beef hash etc are my downfall, I have to divert away from the burger/pizza bars too during the day. 104 days on this one I would come off as Cargo. LOL. Next year we have the 30 days on Star Princess, one day ashore then 16 days on Costa Atlantica, might have to give the fruit a go at brekkie instead of all that other rubbish which I like ! Thanks for the tip holidaymaker.

hi Barry, the instant coffee in the buffett and the coffee near the grill it was lousy....we had friends go thru 3 coffee cards which was better

hi Joanne, yes we had prawns a couple of days and we had a good crowd onboard

bob

Hi Bob & Kay

Back to reality...what a wonderful cruise we all had such a good crowd, yes agree the coffee wasn't that brilliant in the Buffet, did use our coffee card frequently, also had some coffee bags with us and a travel kettle, which kept us going.

Big thank you Bob for all the organising of tours had a ball, hope we meet again on another cruise, can't wait until we book our next.

All the best

Lee & Scott:)

Gosh aren't we all going to be busy following all these blogs....

It'll be interesting to read everyones different 'take' on the ship and itinerary.

Jillybean:)

Oh dear, oh dear! As if I didn't spend enough time here already! :rolleyes:

Archived