Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

We are currently accepting air reservations through February 13, 2013. On July 16, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Above is from Southwest web site looks like the next release is coming quickly behind the last.

We are currently accepting air reservations through February 13, 2013. On July 16, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through March 8, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Above is from Southwest web site looks like the next release is coming quickly behind the last.

Good to know! Maybe JetBlue will follow!

I am so afraid if I keep waiting to book something I am going to get screwed. On the other hand I am afraid if I book so early then they will wind up canceling my flight and putting me on another that wont' work for us!!!

When I first started looking flights were like $1200 per couple - now they are up to $1500. I am hoping they come down??? (fingers crossed)

Damned if you do and damned if you don't!

We are waiting for SW to open their dates for our cruise. Leaving 04/12/2013 and returning 04/20/2013. Got 2 conflicting dates for release of flights. Heard that SW will release dates up to April 12 on Aug 27 and today I had to call SW CSU for question on a flight next week, and am now told that the release date up to 04/12 will be on Sept 10th. Not sure which date it really is but will start checking on Aug 27,

The bummer of the whole thing, is that we will have to book two separate resv as leaving one day pre-cruise, 04/12, and returning day of debark 04/20. Oh well, there could be worse things in life. I like to buy our tickets the day of release so not willing to wait unitl I can book under one reservation.

:)

We are waiting for SW to open their dates for our cruise. Leaving 04/12/2013 and returning 04/20/2013. Got 2 conflicting dates for release of flights. Heard that SW will release dates up to April 12 on Aug 27 and today I had to call SW CSU for question on a flight next week, and am now told that the release date up to 04/12 will be on Sept 10th. Not sure which date it really is but will start checking on Aug 27,

The bummer of the whole thing, is that we will have to book two separate resv as leaving one day pre-cruise, 04/12, and returning day of debark 04/20. Oh well, there could be worse things in life. I like to buy our tickets the day of release so not willing to wait unitl I can book under one reservation.

:)

You are actually better off booking Southwest on separate one way reservations! Southwest.com indicates flights through 4/12/13 open 8/27/12 and that doesn't often change.

You are actually better off booking Southwest on separate one way reservations! Southwest.com indicates flights through 4/12/13 open 8/27/12 and that doesn't often change.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, you are sailing the same day that we are. You can wave to us from the Breeze. We will be on the Liberty.

Happy 40th Anniversry. Have a great time.

:):)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Why do you recommend that?

Because our cruise departs on Sat April 13 and returns on Sat April 20, 2013. We always fly in a day early pre-cruise. SW is only going to be releasing dates up to April 12th which means that in order to get the entire trip in one reservation, we would have to wait another month or so to get that return ticket for April 20th. Waiting that long will mean booked up flights and higher ticket prices.

From Indy, we fly either SW or AirTran and always try to book the day the flight dates that we need are released. Last week when SW open their dates through March 8, a ticket from Indy to FLL was $145 direct flight. The next day it went higher and so on and so on.

So booking two reservations to get the best rate is good advice to us. Especially since we will be booking 4 tickets.

Because our cruise departs on Sat April 13 and returns on Sat April 20, 2013. We always fly in a day early pre-cruise. SW is only going to be releasing dates up to April 12th which means that in order to get the entire trip in one reservation, we would have to wait another month or so to get that return ticket for April 20th. Waiting that long will mean booked up flights and higher ticket prices.

From Indy, we fly either SW or AirTran and always try to book the day the flight dates that we need are released. Last week when SW open their dates through March 8, a ticket from Indy to FLL was $145 direct flight. The next day it went higher and so on and so on.

So booking two reservations to get the best rate is good advice to us. Especially since we will be booking 4 tickets.

OK, now I get it. It didn't connect with me that they were opening up dates part way through what you needed. That happened to me with this present round of openings so I booked our outbound flights and I'm waiting to book the return flights.

As much as I suspected that was the case with you, I kept re-reading the dates that you wrote and it just didn't register!:eek: Maybe I missed the part about flying in a day early. Yes, you received good advice. My outbound flights went up in price two days after I booked.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I never even got the notice fro Jet Blue that dates were opening up.:eek: and I''m a registered True Blue member I checked yesterday morning and then again at 7 last night. By then most of the affordable flights were gone. Could have waited for SW but decided to cut my losses and just book. What a racket:mad:

I never even got the notice fro Jet Blue that dates were opening up.:eek: and I''m a registered True Blue member I checked yesterday morning and then again at 7 last night. By then most of the affordable flights were gone. Could have waited for SW but decided to cut my losses and just book. What a racket:mad:

You didn't miss the affordable flights - there were none. Fares were outrageous upon opening at noon. Will keep watching.

I can get round trip on JetBlue from Hartford, CT to San Juan for $590pp for March 2013. Is that a good price or should I wait? I am driving myself crazy with this....

I am not sure which weeks you are looking at but for the week of March 2 I can find flights on American for $110.00 less than that. I used to fly AA from Hartford to San Juan whenever we cruised from Puerto Rico but now AA has discontinued the non-stop flights. I can't figure that out since the planes were packed any time that we flew.

I thin that $590.00 is way too much. I have never paid even close to that from BDL to SJU. Are you flying on a vacation week?

I am not sure which weeks you are looking at but for the week of March 2 I can find flights on American for $110.00 less than that. I used to fly AA from Hartford to San Juan whenever we cruised from Puerto Rico but now AA has discontinued the non-stop flights. I can't figure that out since the planes were packed any time that we flew.

I thin that $590.00 is way too much. I have never paid even close to that from BDL to SJU. Are you flying on a vacation week?

We are looking at 3/9/13 coming back on 3/17/13....

$637.40 on AA. I'd stay home!:eek::eek::eek:

See why I am getting confused. I think JetBlue's prices are good compared to the other lines but everyone is still telling my JetBlues are high. The guy I work with says to wait they will come down but there are 8 possibly 10 of us going from here.

See why I am getting confused. I think JetBlue's prices are good compared to the other lines but everyone is still telling my JetBlues are high. The guy I work with says to wait they will come down but there are 8 possibly 10 of us going from here.

Don't forget, it should not be too long before Southwest finished taking over all of Air Tran's routes. They will then be flying to SJU. I would be very temped to hold off on booking with these crazy prices.