Emergency Contact

Manitoban

Your cruise brochure (you have one, don't you???) should have the emergency number. Your family should know the name of the ship and your cabin number. The emergency phone number is the same for ALL ships in that line....they call it, give the ship's name, your name and cabin #.....

I was wondering about this as well. I've asked my Carnival PVP for a brochure to be mailed but she tells me there are no paper brochures to mail, just digital ones. I looked at the digital one but didn't see an emergency number. Perhaps I overlooked it....my computer screen is rather small.

I was wondering about this as well. I've asked my Carnival PVP for a brochure to be mailed but she tells me there are no paper brochures to mail, just digital ones. I looked at the digital one but didn't see an emergency number. Perhaps I overlooked it....my computer screen is rather small.

Here you go from Carnival's website

Can I receive calls while onboard?

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

For customer service please call:

1-866-459-9020 or 954-672-4428

e-mail: dialaship@mtnsat.com

Customer Service Hours:

8:30am to 5:30pm Eastern Standard Time

We're sailing on the MSC Poesia. I never got a brochure - everything was done over the internet. I checked the on-line cruise documents and this is what it says "prefix 00870" "telephone 764837233 - 764837236"

That's too many #'s for a phone # and not enough for an area code plus ph #.

Anybody got any ideas?

Okay, call me a ninny... that is the exact reason I use a travel agent. My family gets the number of the agent who knows how to get in touch with me.

Another thought though... most ships have an internet cafe and for a fairly reasonable cost you can check your email there. Tell your net savvy family/friends that is how they can contact you and if your father is not net savvy, tell him who to have contact you by email if necessary.

The big reason I don't worry about family being able to get immediately in touch with me is that there is not really much I could do anyway from on board the ship. A contact delay of 12-24 hours would not change that.

Doing a search it appears that MSC's emergency contact number is for cruises in Europe. Others have resorted to calling customer service in an emergency as they don't appear to have a number for North American cruises.

We're sailing on the MSC Poesia. I never got a brochure - everything was done over the internet. I checked the on-line cruise documents and this is what it says "prefix 00870" "telephone 764837233 - 764837236"

Anybody got any ideas?

MSC is an Italian company, so the number you found may be Italian.

They do have a US office you can call to get the information you need:

MSC Cruises USA INC.

6750 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 100

Fort Lauderdale, Florida FL 33309 USA

Phone: (877) 665-4655

Fax: +1-908-605-2600 / (954) 958-1077

Our TA has a special prinout for us we can copy or print as often as we need it with all the details of our trips. Where they can contact us on any day of the trip. Be it hotels or ships with all the relavant details - Sometimes TAs are worth it.

I hope one of the previous answers helps you.

I would strongly suggest that you leave a number for folks to call that is near home as well!! Someone close by would certainly be better able to help in a true emergency than you would from the ship!

Checking your e-mail and keeping in touch that way is a good method while traveling.

We always leave our itinerary, cruise line, ship name, TA name and number, hotel for pre-cruise/post cruise, etc., with EVERYONE at home. If there is a true emergency, we can be reached anywhere. We've had too many health problems in our family to ever think "nothing I can do while at sea." Call me crazy, but I just feel that if I don't give everyone a way to reach us, they will for sure need it. With all the information, they will be able to reach someone who can help them reach us. While we use the internet to keep in touch, we just don't want to take a chance.

I also use Facebook. I can check messages from daughter and let her know that we are XXXX place and what we are doing. Worked fine in Europe last year.

I usually use International phone plan from VZ when I go, too. I can text for 50 cents and receive for 5 cents, so it's good for those "all is well" messages.

That also worked fine in Europe last year and I'm counting on it for next year.

My mother is in the last stages of her illness and I need to be available--not to come home--but to make important decisions so it's nice to know that everyone is stable each day.

• 2 weeks later...
"prefix 00870" "telephone 764837233 - 764837236"

870 is the "country" code for the INMARSAT telephone service. What you have there is the direct dial numbers(4) to the ship.

The '00' is the International standard prefix to indicate a call leaving the country you are in. In the US (and all countries that follow the "North American Numbering Plan", we use "011" to indicate the same thing.

Aloha,

John

Not too much you can do while out to sea. We find e-mail woks well. There was a “mishap” back at home when we were on our last cruise and I learned about it via email. Basically I learned that ”everything as alright” and what I needed to do when I got off the ship.

We leave our adult daughter as “information central” and she will determine if the situation can wait or if she will contact us via email or by some sort of phone. She usually has our ship and booking number

Hope all goes well.

M

I leave the info provided by the cruise line including the ship name, itinerary, stateroom number, etc. with my oldest son who is an adult. I want him to funnel the information to me if it is important and I want him to know we are spending his inheritance and having a good time!

I leave the info provided by the cruise line including the ship name, itinerary, stateroom number, etc. with my oldest son who is an adult. I want him to funnel the information to me if it is important and I want him to know we are spending his inheritance and having a good time!

Love it!!!;)

We choose a member of our family who is old enough to handle an emergency, but not so old as to be unable to cope (96 yr old MIL).

We use the same for next of kin in our passports.

Jo.

Archived