30% chance of rain, would you pack an umbrella?

Berk987

Not in the Caribbean. I think it always says 30% chance of rain. Take your chances!
Right. A cloud could come over and it might rain on you but still be sunny the other end of the beach. That's what "tropical" weather is; a shower here and there. You may get rained on, you may not. And if it rains, it'll be sunny again a short while later.

Just back from Panama Canal cruise. It rained heavy getting from bus to ship two different days (long walk). Also rained heavy during one of our outdoor excursions. Strongly suggest cheap poncho - easy to pack - throw away when done. Buy at dollar store - we took several and glad we did.

Just back from Panama Canal cruise. It rained heavy getting from bus to ship two different days (long walk). Also rained heavy during one of our outdoor excursions. Strongly suggest cheap poncho - easy to pack - throw away when done. Buy at dollar store - we took several and glad we did.

And, besides, they look so dashing!!

NO! Come on you're going where it's warm right?

Our last one it rained as we tendered and people complained.

OK to put this in perspective, we're from Canada where there is snow on the ground and it's 80 degrees plus on the tender and it's a warm rain coming down (for maybe 10-15 minutes) and people are complaining.

I wouldn't bother packling an umbrella. Too many other important things to pack or to leave room to bring back. Just my opinion. It's not cold. It's not a harsh rain and it's gone in a few minutes.

Have a great cruise whether you pack an umbrella or not. :D

Avoid cheap ponchos. They are usually rubberized and do not allow the transfer of condensation...they don't breathe. Cheap rainwear will invariably make you quite wet and uncomfortable, as a result. You get what you pay for. Many good products also have reflective abilities which also makes them safer for night-time strolls.

NO!

I wouldn't bother packling an umbrella. Too many other important things to pack or to leave room to bring back. Just my opinion. It's not cold. It's not a harsh rain and it's gone in a few minutes.

Have a great cruise whether you pack an umbrella or not. :D

kazu ... Don't you usually have a suite and isn't a golf umbrella one of the perks?;)

Another vote for disposable ponchos. Welcome Back Linda and Vern! Didn't you just love every minute???:D:D

Avoid cheap ponchos. They are usually rubberized and do not allow the transfer of condensation...they don't breathe. Cheap rainwear will invariably make you quite wet and uncomfortable, as a result. You get what you pay for. Many good products also have reflective abilities which also makes them safer for night-time strolls.
The very light-weight plastic things are fine for short periods. I wouldn't bother with any "good products" in the Caribbean.

30% chance of rain means 70% chance it will not rain.

Himself has nailed it. I live in south Florida and in the summer almost every day the forecast is 30% chance of rain. At 30% chance I'll ride my bicycle and not worry of the rain.

Archived