If you had a balcony on Oasis or Allure.....

roe2ship

Used the balcony about the same amount of time. Coffee and rolls in the morning, coming into and leaving ports, pitcher of grogg with friends in the afternoon and coffee during the quiet hours at night.Almost doesn't matter to me which ship. I seem to take most of my good and bad habits with me.

We did! We had a JS on Allure and will have a JS on Oasis. Crappy furniture for such a big balcony, but we still used it.

DH is a bit claustrophobic and likes to be able to step outside first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I enjoy sitting out there in the afternoon to read. Much quieter than the pool decks. And the comfy chairs in Central Park were always occupied!

It's true that there is so much to do on this ship, but we felt that the balcony not only provided us with a break from the crowds, but it also gave us an opportunity to enjoy the ocean a little. There are minimal water views aboard these ships so the balcony provided us with that connection we were missing.

Honestly, I could forego a balcony on smaller sized ships, but I would not on Allure or Oasis because of the above.

I'll go in the middle.

I always get them.

I will say we ate breakfast in the room almost everyday on the balcony. More so than on any other ship. But this was the first cruise with my DW and she's a morning coffee drinker.

I went to balcony for the sail into and out of ports, and yes it was nice to step out for some me time now and then.

All that being said, the ship is amazing in itself, and I while I had a D1 last year and a JS this year I wouldn't hesitate doing a promenade view cabin on this ship to save the money and spend on other things.

There is a lot to keep you busy on voyager class and larger ships. You know who you are if you need the balcony... if you're not the type to need it, You'll be fine.

Just don't do those ocean views at the front of the ship, i hear they're really bumpy.

We have not been on the Oasis/Allure yet. But we did book a balcony (and an inside opposit for the kids) for our upcoming Allure cruise because there are four days at sea and only two and a half port days. Since we use the balcony more on sea days, we'll probably sitll get the same amount of use out of it. Also, with the size of that ship, having a balcony will actually make me fee like I am actually at sea rather than on a floating mall.

However, we didn't use it as much as we did on previous cruises as there was a lot of cool things to do on the ship and the weather was just too hot and humid sometimes to be sitting outside.

I'll still go with a balcony on Allure next year, though. It is nice to have it if it can be used and it sure makes the room seem bigger and look brighter.

Oasis was my first cruise ever and my wife's first balcony ever. No we didn't use the balcony like I thought we would but we both agree that we would always get one on a future cruise. Why just because it was nice to have. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I used my balcony on the Allure about as much as I have others. I had a Boardwalk balcony near the aft so enjoyed the shows from my balcony as well as the view of the ocean. I have a ocean view for my upcoming cruise on Oasis and can not wait to have my balcony door open at night to hear the sound of the ocean. My favorite sound to fall asleep to.

We used it mostly to hang our wetsuits and rashguards, but we were going ,going ,going all day and by 10pm we were asleep. We may be 27 but we act like we are 97 :) We did play cards one night and we attempted to read out books that we have no time to read in our real life, but that did not last long.

We had a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis (9315) and really enjoyed it. Watched all the Aqua Theater shows from there as well as the team practices. Quite entertaining.

On Allure, we had a deck 11 Boardwalk balcony. With some changes on Allure's Boardwalk, it is now much busier and louder than Oasis was.

If you go to bed early, pass on a Boardwalk balcony, especially on Allure.

R&D

Oasis was my first cruise ever and my wife's first balcony ever. No we didn't use the balcony like I thought we would but we both agree that we would always get one on a future cruise. Why just because it was nice to have. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

We are like you. We usually get a balcony but we don't really use it all that much. However it is nice to have that seavista and openess while in the room

Last year I had #11329 on Oasis, this is at the end of the Boardwalk on deck 11 and gives you the best of both worlds: you see the Boardwalk with one eye while the other eye is enjoying the Aquatheater show or the great oceanview, for this reason I booked the opposite #11729 for my upcoming cruise on Allure. If I couldn't have had eiter one of these cat. B balconies I wouldn't have booked these cruises. On this class of ships I consider oceanview balconies a downgrade as they only show water, the B1's have an added value... for me.

Last year I had #11329 on Oasis, this is at the end of the Boardwalk on deck 11 and gives you the best of both worlds: you see the Boardwalk with one eye while the other eye is enjoying the Aquatheater show or the great oceanview, for this reason I booked the opposite #11729 for my upcoming cruise on Allure. If I couldn't have had eiter one of these cat. B balconies I wouldn't have booked these cruises. On this class of ships I consider oceanview balconies a downgrade as they only show water, the B1's have an added value... for me.

Interesting tip. I may check into it.

Me and my sis have sailed Oasis and Allure...both times in an Ocean view Balcony...she uses it way more than I do ( i get seasick watching the waves) but I like having the balcony, makes cabin seem larger......she did not use it as much on Allure but I think that is because another sister sailed with us and she was a newbie so we spent a lot of time with her around the ship...

my sis who uses the balcony a lot normally spends a lot of time in the cabin...

We had a Central Park balcony and used it more than anticipated. It was on the 12th deck centrally located. Enjoyed people watching coming in/out of restaurants, listening to the pool band and seeing the floating bar. At times it seemed that we were in a hotel ovrlooking a main avenue rather than a ship. We chose the CP balcony as we did not particularly care for the Western itinerary, therefore a ocean balcony was not warranted and also saved us some monies.

Archived