New promotion - Bonus Crown & Anchor Points

Daghis

Right from RCCL

What is the process if a Gold, Platinum or Emerald guest calls to request the bonus points?

• Any other guests that calls and complains AND booked before March 1, 2012 will have points manually entered.

Well, if it's in writing then I guess that says it all!

Right from RCCL

What is the process if a Gold, Platinum or Emerald guest calls to request the bonus points?

• Any other guests that calls and complains AND booked before March 1, 2012 will have points manually entered.

Were did you find this? So when I call to get the points added I can be looking at it.

It is really fair that everyone(all C&A) can get it......

Yes I believe it is fair, if someone books during the terms and conditions which is March 1 to March 31. C&A was just being nice to D/D+/PC Members and allowing them to earn those extra points if they have a cruise already booked prior to March 1.

They only allow additional points to D/D+/PC Members during the Diamond Celebration in December and they don't have a particular time frame in which to book a qualifying cruise. Why not open it up to all C&A Members?

my final take on this is that the usual Diamonds in December promo costed RCI too much in the swag they handed out. The current promo will simply reward me with extra points, all at no cost to RCI. So no Diamonds in December event this year, just extra points for everybody.

Well, the reason my friend and i are wanting to go is to get the extra points - we are in a suite so had diamonds in december taken place we would get 21 points - making me one sea day away from D plus ;) I wonder if I should cancel our res. and rebook during the March 1 to April 1 time frame just to be sure we at least get the 18 points?

what would you guys do?

my final take on this is that the usual Diamonds in December promo costed RCI too much in the swag they handed out. The current promo will simply reward me with extra points, all at no cost to RCI. So no Diamonds in December event this year, just extra points for everybody.

I'm still holding out hope for Diamonds in December, but I'm afraid you're right.

To tell you the truth, I love Europe and have been there many times. But I am not quite so sure that a cruise is the best way to do it. There is so much to see over there and 8 hrs in port just doesn't cut it for me.

While we have yet to visit Europe I agree with you. Way to much to see and do in an 8 hour port call.

I looked at the list and none of them are for any of the 12 cruises I have booked nor are any that I might want to book...darn. :D

Drats...I am on the Brilliance for 12/1, but it's the Navigator that gets the extra

points for that same sail date. :(

My other cruises don't match the list either.

I seriously doubt they are taking away Diamonds in December this year after they advertised

it so heavily earlier. I have two cruises booked for December! :eek:

I seriously doubt they are taking away Diamonds in December this year after they advertised

it so heavily earlier. I have two cruises booked for December! :eek:

That's why we booked the Navigator for December instead of another month. Somebody Said there were fliers for Diamonds in December 2012 on Freedom.

That's why we booked the Navigator for December instead of another month. Somebody Said there were fliers for Diamonds in December 2012 on Freedom.

Yes, there was. I was on the Freedom last December and saw those.

Also, there was heavy advertising for it on the member area page on the RCI

website for quite awhile.

Does not make sense that they would now change their minds and take it

away after so many have booked December cruises for that reason.

Yes, there was. I was on the Freedom last December and saw those.

Also, there was heavy advertising for it on the member area page on the RCI

website for quite awhile.

Does not make sense that they would now change their minds and take it

away after so many have booked December cruises for that reason.

Maybe the flyers were there as a result of an overzealous Loyalty Ambassador and not from Royal Caribbean planners?

Diamonds in December sounds like a better deal to me.

E-Beth

Are we sure that diamonds in december has been cancelled? Has someone heard it from C&A, I just went to the C&A website and it is no longer listed as an upcoming event. Let me know if you have confirmation since I have a suite booked that will get cancelled if it is no longer being offered.

Mike

Right from RCCL

And it actually says "complains"? I'm shocked....

If they are going to allow D/D+/P to get the points even if they are already booked, they should allow it for C&A members of all levels. JMHO.

The 11/4 sailing on the EOS was deemed a C & A member sailing. Once that happened, the prices have skyrocketed in a little over a month to make up for any "free" things given out during the sailing.

Hopefully, if there is any point adjustment we will get it. This is my first sailing as Diamond.

Interesting.....:confused:

MARAPRINCE

Maybe the flyers were there as a result of an overzealous Loyalty Ambassador and not from Royal Caribbean planners?

No, they were the same add layout as the webpage was listing when you logged in and

went to the member's area.

There was also an email that went out on the "Diamonds Appreciation in December too".

And no...I can't find that section now either.

Guess that could happen, though that's not the way the program was initially structured. But then again, rules are meant to be broken.:)

And that is especially true when.....

1. The customer service rep doesn't know the rules in the first place or....

2. The rules are so complicated that no one understands them.:D

No, they were the same add layout as the webpage was listing when you logged in and

went to the member's area.

There was also an email that went out on the "Diamonds Appreciation in December too".

And no...I can't find that section now either.

So, there was an email regarding Diamonds in December already for 2012?

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

Can you scan it and email a copy to me at MikeB123@rochester.rr.com ?

I just spoke with a C&A rep (who's name I have) who said they just recieved an email that states as of this point in time there is no Diamonds in December promotion planned for 2012 but she said that could always change. She told me she also saw the web page showing a diamonds in december event on the website in late January 2012 and questioned it and now we know the answer. Oh, well, maybe time for more email's to the bosses at Miami.

Mike

Can you scan it and email a copy to me at MikeB123@rochester.rr.com ?

I just spoke with a C&A rep (who's name I have) who said they just recieved an email that states as of this point in time there is no Diamonds in December promotion planned for 2012 but she said that could always change. She told me she also saw the web page showing a diamonds in december event on the website in late January 2012 and questioned it and now we know the answer. Oh, well, maybe time for more email's to the bosses at Miami.

Mike

It's on its way. I only sent the front because it was quicker. It covers some other ships on the flip side.

Let me know what they say. I'm betting that they say it was a mistake and they blame it on some unknown staff member.

A couple weeks old but might be the trend. I could care less about the points etc., I am waiting to see if the prices fall, maybe for 2013. I already have this years booked.

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/02/02/royal-caribbean-bookings-hit-by-rivals-wreck

Of course I don't expect this to have any effect on the O/A ships. Wife talked to a TA the other day who worked for a national agency and she said O/A sells like hotcakes. They did not have to market/sell these 2 ships at all, everbody wants them and knows what they are. Big money maker for TA's

Archived