New promotion - Bonus Crown & Anchor Points

Daghis

So, there was an email regarding Diamonds in December already for 2012?

I pretty sure I got that somewhere around mid December. I know they had quite the

push on for it during that time. Just wish I had printed out the advertising they

had on it now. :(

But I am guessing the promo is still on, and they are just not pushing it now.

Would be a hornet's nest of Diamonds and above who booked December cruises that

would be desending upon them if they changed the rules now. :eek:

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

Good for you! I wish I had kept mine now!

That flyer was the exact same colors and layout as the members page I pulled up

later when we got home. Was still there for a few weeks that I remember.

"Diamond Apprection" I think it was called. I hope they still "appreciate us"!! :eek:

It's on its way. I only sent the front because it was quicker. It covers some other ships on the flip side.

Let me know what they say. I'm betting that they say it was a mistake and they blame it on some unknown staff member.

Can I be a pain in the butt and ask you to send that to me too? Thanks Gil. :)

Or is is Gail today?

bucky.pk@gmail.com

Thanks again in advance. Nice that you were smart and did the CYA!! :D

Can I be a pain in the butt and ask you to send that to me too? Thanks Gil. :)

Or is is Gail today?

bucky.pk@gmail.com

Thanks again in advance. Nice that you were smart and did the CYA!! :D

It's Gil on line today.

I just sent it to you.

Actually, I didn't save it for any particular reason. I tuck all the Compasses into a folder and I just happened to put that flier in there also. When I was reading a thread last month about Diamonds in December and someone said it had NOT yet being announced I looked in the folder and found the flier. NOTE: I am NOT a hoarder.:D:D:D

I didn't know Navigator was moving to NO. 7 days out of there, I wonder what the ports will be, I'll have to look into that one. I'm considering going back on Allure ,but would consider something else. This came via postcard huh?

I didn't know Navigator was moving to NO. 7 days out of there, I wonder what the ports will be, I'll have to look into that one. I'm considering going back on Allure ,but would consider something else. This came via postcard huh?

Navigator is just taking Voyagers place. Cozumel, GC, and Falmouth every week. Were booked on it, the prices are great in November and December.

It's on its way. I only sent the front because it was quicker. It covers some other ships on the flip side.

Let me know what they say. I'm betting that they say it was a mistake and they blame it on some unknown staff member.

Thanks, I got it, It definitely says diamonds in December for 2012 and it is on RCCL letterhead. I also have a name of a C&A Rep who told me it was on the website in January of 2012. I am not a lawyer but I have to believe that this flier and the fact that a number of people including employees can state that it was on the website would perhaps cause RCCL to come up with some kind of a ruling on giving the benefits for cruises booked by a certain time. The Loyalty Ambassador is an employee and therefore a representative of the Company. Does anyone have a printout of the website from when it was displayed?

Mike

Thanks, I got it, It definitely says diamonds in December for 2012 and it is on RCCL letterhead. I also have a name of a C&A Rep who told me it was on the website in January of 2012. I am not a lawyer but I have to believe that this flier and the fact that a number of people including employees can state that it was on the website would perhaps cause RCCL to come up with some kind of a ruling on giving the benefits for cruises booked by a certain time. The Loyalty Ambassador is an employee and therefore a representative of the Company. Does anyone have a printout of the website from when it was displayed?

Mike

Mike, have you ever heard the phrase "subject to change without notice"? It's also called CYA.:)

This is the last line on the email that we received on August 5th announcing the 2011 Diamonds in December event....

"Events and other rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice".

It's Gil on line today.

I just sent it to you.

Actually, I didn't save it for any particular reason. I tuck all the Compasses into a folder and I just happened to put that flier in there also. When I was reading a thread last month about Diamonds in December and someone said it had NOT yet being announced I looked in the folder and found the flier. NOTE: I am NOT a hoarder.:D:D:D

A HUGE thanks to you sweetie!! I have now filed that into my "travel" accounts, and

will now have a printed copy to present for our "argument to the jury" if and when it comes to that.

Hope we don't have to pull that card.....but nothing speaks louder than the

printed word! From now on I am going to follow your fine example, and keep my stuff! :D

Mike, have you ever heard the phrase "subject to change without notice"? It's also called CYA.:)

This is the last line on the email that we received on August 5th announcing the 2011 Diamonds in December event....

"Events and other rewards may vary by sailing and are subject to change without notice".

Nice....but since that carrot was dangled in my face at the time...I booked two

December cruises. Me thinks a "bait and switch" scam is a foot!! :eek:

Shame on them!! :(

It's Gil on line today.

I just sent it to you.

I'm another one that booked b2b in Dec. MAINLY because of the extra points.

Gil, please, would you also send a copy to mimiwalt@yahoo.com

thank you

To tell you the truth, I love Europe and have been there many times. But I am not quite so sure that a cruise is the best way to do it. There is so much to see over there and 8 hrs in port just doesn't cut it for me.

While we have yet to visit Europe I agree with you. Way to much to see and do in an 8 hour port call.

I think that depends A LOT on the ports. I visited a few and was content with my 8 hours. Allowed me to make a decision whether I want to go back and visit for a longer land trip. I only cruise to countries I don't have an interest in visiting for an extended period of time.

Sorry...totally OT.

Im pretty sure one has to wait till the official start of the promotion....March 1st.

Just to add, and I don't know if this was included in the FAQ you received, but all adjustments will be made on a case by case basis. So, not all Gold, Platinum and Emerald Members who call and complain will get the the bonus points. This comes directly from C&A.

Just to add, and I don't know if this was included in the FAQ you received, but all adjustments will be made on a case by case basis. So, not all Gold, Platinum and Emerald Members who call and complain will get the the bonus points. This comes directly from C&A.

Oh please,you dont think if enough complain everyone wont get it?? I do.....Just like when the last Diamond in Dec promotion came out,it did not include existing bookings,but then people complained and they caved.......Im sure it will be the same...............D/DP are no better than anyone else.

Oh please,you dont think if enough complain everyone wont get it?? I do.....Just like when the last Diamond in Dec promotion came out,it did not include existing bookings,but then people complained and they caved.......Im sure it will be the same...............D/DP are no better than anyone else.

OK Kathy, whatever you say.

Does anyone have a copy of the FAQ that they can post?

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

Could you also send this to me? I have 2 Freedom cruises booked in December because of Diamonds in December 2012.

crz76@yahoo.com

Thank you.

That's fascinating. If you wouldn't mind could you send a copy of that DinD flier to FLSteve11@yahoo.com as well. We are heading out on the vision on one of the new itineraries they are doing and certainly woulod like extra points if they are doing it this year. Thanks!

Archived