New promotion - Bonus Crown & Anchor Points

Daghis

in looking at the sail more-get more list, I will do better with this promo than Diamonds in December. I was only expecting 10 pts, but will receive 14 (I'm in a full suite). They didn't want everyone getting double points, which DnD did for D/D+/P, yet they wanted to reward the other C & A levels too. So now, starting in September for some of the 3 night cruises, one can claim extra points based on their cabin instead of their C & A level.

in looking at the sail more-get more list, I will do better with this promo than Diamonds in December. I was only expecting 10 pts, but will receive 14 (I'm in a full suite). They didn't want everyone getting double points, which DnD did for D/D+/P, yet they wanted to reward the other C & A levels too. So now, starting in September for some of the 3 night cruises, one can claim extra points based on their cabin instead of their C & A level.

For a 5 night cruise in a suite, with the Diamonds in Dec. promotion, I believe you would actually receive 15 points, wolf. That is if you are Diamond or above.

Unless I am misunderstanding something.

For a 5 night cruise in a suite, with the Diamonds in Dec. promotion, I believe you would actually receive 15 points, wolf. That is if you are Diamond or above.

Unless I am misunderstanding something.

No,I think you're right.I did a 4 night in an OS last Dec and got 12 points..

I just think that it would not be a great PR thing for RCI to promote the 2012 Diamonds

in December .

Who says they won't. Speculation drives a lot of ships here.:p..They have already had a Feb. promo and now a March promo, its just way to early to speculate about Dec.. We have already booked our cruises for Dec.12 the ship we want, cabin we want, price we want, has nothing to do with points.

Umm...you seem to have dropped off the end of my statement. Are you saying they

will or they won't?

I am saying I don't care one way or the other, but I would say its way to early to predict what RCI will/won't do for Dec. No one here can predict that, so if there is a cruise you want book it.

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

Not sure what to think about all this. None of my future bookings are on the list but I did book a BtoB last Dec for next Dec with the understanding that the promotion would be offered.

Beach Native, could I bother you to send me the flier. msspanky48 at aol dot com thank you so much.

Well, I booked an 8-day May departure, from the list for 11 credits using a Next Cruise. I'm Diamond Plus booked before March 1. It will be interesting to see how many credit that I get for the cruise. :rolleyes:;)

I just spoke with C&A and they confirmed that D and above who are already booked on any of these cruises will receive the points. Everyone else has to book during March.

Gina

I just think that it would not be a great PR thing for RCI to promote the 2012 Diamonds

in December and then take it back after so many have booked for that reason.

The fine print, for what it's worth :rolleyes:, does say that promotions aren't combinable. So for December cruises, IF they have a December Celebration, that would be more points than this promotion offers. I don't think they ever said there would be another December Celebration though.

Maybe this is just a way for those below the D level to earn extra points. It always seemed not nice to me that they were excluded from receiving extra points in December.

RCI sure seems to be doing what it can to move people up the benefit ladder. Even with the constant complaints by some about the CL crowds.

Gina

Does anyone have a copy of the FAQ that they can post?

Funny thing..............I looked at the FAQ again and now they took off the call and complain part.......plus the part if one is already booked(D/DP) before March ,you will get the extra credits........looks like someone has been busy revising:rolleyes:

The fine print, for what it's worth :rolleyes:, does say that promotions aren't combinable. So for December cruises, IF they have a December Celebration, that would be more points than this promotion offers. I don't think they ever said there would be another December Celebration though.

Maybe this is just a way for those below the D level to earn extra points. It always seemed not nice to me that they were excluded from receiving extra points in December.

RCI sure seems to be doing what it can to move people up the benefit ladder. Even with the constant complaints by some about the CL crowds.

Gina

Nope, neither of my December cruises I booked due to to heavy advertising for "Diamond appreciation/Diamonds in December 2012" promo via fliers on our last December cruise and the 6 week promo posted on the member's page is one of the new all level promo cruises. Nice yes, that they are doing promos for extra points across the board....but not so nice if they reneg on the Double Diamonds for December 2012 promo they promised during that 6 week time period now after the fact when many of us have booked December cruises. Don't you think? :rolleyes:

When on the Freedom for a B2B they were distributing a flier advertising Diamonds in December for 2012. A lot of people were booking cruises. Maybe someone messed up by printing it, maybe it was a type-O, but it WAS distributed. (I don't have a vested interest in Diamonds in December because I don't need extra points.) I have one of those fliers.

I got the same flyer. I think they even listed some Dec 12 cruises you could book and encouraged you to go to the Loyalty ambassador. I don't think I kept it, it's probably in the trash with the tons of other things we get delivered each day!

I got the same flyer. I think they even listed some Dec 12 cruises you could book and encouraged you to go to the Loyalty ambassador. I don't think I kept it, it's probably in the trash with the tons of other things we get delivered each day!

Hi Torpeedo!

Yes, Gil and Gail (beachnative), sent me a copy of the flier we got on the December cruise we took.

At least now I know I was not mistaken. :)

Sorry we will miss you. We are boarding the Freedom when you disembark in December.

Hope you have a fantabulous cruise, and enjoy our favorite "lil ship" for NYE again! :D

Nope, neither of my December cruises I booked due to to heavy advertising for "Diamond appreciation/Diamonds in December 2012" promo via fliers on our last December cruise and the 6 week promo posted on the member's page is one of the new all level promo cruises. Nice yes, that they are doing promos for extra points across the board....but not so nice if they reneg on the Double Diamonds for December 2012 promo they promised during that 6 week time period now after the fact when many of us have booked December cruises. Don't you think? :rolleyes:

Yes, I think you are right. But I don't think there was ever a real official announcement about December. I do think that when and if they make the announcement officially about December that the better promotion will be applied automatically.

Gina

Funny thing..............I looked at the FAQ again and now they took off the call and complain part.......plus the part if one is already booked(D/DP) before March ,you will get the extra credits........looks like someone has been busy revising:rolleyes:

When I spoke with them on the phone a little while ago, not only did they say that D and above would get the extra points on cruises already booked, she said that we could go ahead and book any other ones now, for the extra credit, even though it's almost March already - IF we don't want to wait because we're afraid the price might go up before Thursday. Yep...she said booking now by D and above would still get the extra points.

Of course we know how accurate their information has always been. :rolleyes: She first told me it was only for new bookings as of March 1. When I told her I had heard otherwise about D and above, she went and checked and came back to tell me I was correct.

I wish one day they would get these promotions clear before they put them out there. To allow one thing for one group of people and not for another continues to create hard feelings. I have to wonder why they do that.

Gina

When I spoke with them on the phone a little while ago, not only did they say that D and above would get the extra points on cruises already booked, she said that we could go ahead and book any other ones now, for the extra credit, even though it's almost March already - IF we don't want to wait because we're afraid the price might go up before Thursday. Yep...she said booking now by D and above would still get the extra points.

Of course we know how accurate their information has always been. :rolleyes: She first told me it was only for new bookings as of March 1. When I told her I had heard otherwise about D and above, she went and checked and came back to tell me I was correct.

I wish one day they would get these promotions clear before they put them out there. To allow one thing for one group of people and not for another continues to create hard feelings. I have to wonder why they do that.

Gina

I agree........I said that in an earlier post.........D/DP are no better than the others....

Well, I booked an 8-day May departure, from the list for 11 credits using a Next Cruise. I'm Diamond Plus booked before March 1. It will be interesting to see how many credit that I get for the cruise. :rolleyes:;)

I just spoke with C&A and they confirmed that D and above who are already booked on any of these cruises will receive the points. Everyone else has to book during March.

Gina

Thanks for passing along this information !! :) I'm just wondering now about the combinability with the Next Cruise, since, there was a post about the extra credit promotion not being combinable with other offers. I'm just happy to be able to sail aboard the Enchantment for the first time.

I have a headache once again reading this thread.............Why is it one needs a 30 page manual to find out what applies, what doesn't apply, what is combinable, not combinable, dates included..........etc..........

Having started sailing Princess a few times, it is really pretty simple over there........or at least so it seems.

Glad we have Patti to sort all of this out:) (and I mean that as a sincere compliment!!)

I know you do. You are too kind.;)

I made a post earlier, but it didn't seem to make it, for some reason.

I booked a 7 day Freedom cruise. The RCI website doesn't say specifically how many points for what, but in a Q&A area, it seems to indicate a 7 day cruise gets you 7 points, but if you are in a suite, you get 14 points. What about the room selections in between? I will be in a hump cabin. I'm just wondering if I will get 7, same as an interior room.

I booked a 7 day Freedom cruise. The RCI website doesn't say specifically how many points for what, but in a Q&A area, it seems to indicate a 7 day cruise gets you 7 points, but if you are in a suite, you get 14 points. What about the room selections in between? I will be in a hump cabin. I'm just wondering if I will get 7, same as an interior room.

A stateroom earns either one point per night or two points per night, nothing else. Anything under a JS gets one point per night. A JS or higher gets 2 points per night.

Here is a link to your post:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1580675

Post #11

Archived