Set Sail Pass Already?

We're sailing on Freedom of the Seas June 10, got the e-mail, and just printed out our set-sail pass. This is very exciting but just wondering - isn't 90 days out unusually early?

And I apologize in advance for a very stupid question but I get nervous about details - Its one pass for the two of us instead of one each? (Yes both of us are listed on it. Told you it was a stupid question!)

The SetSail pass is usually available when you complete the online check-in. It's the "Cruise Documentation" (e-docs) that are available closer to the cruise (around 49 days out) that you may be thinking of.

Yes, one SetSail pass for both of you is correct as long as both of your names are on it.

Not stupid questions at all!

The SetSail pass is usually available when you complete the online check-in. It's the "Cruise Documentation" (e-docs) that are available closer to the cruise (around 49 days out) that you may be thinking of.

Yes, one SetSail pass for both of you is correct as long as both of your names are on it.

Final Payment has a lot to do with it also. Once that is made the "Ready To Print" appears.

I don't think final payment is required. As a test, I just completed the online check-in for my cruise in October and I can print my SetSail pass now.

Not always the case with my cruises. In the past, most of my furture cruises (with a balance due) don't show my set sail ready to print until after final payment. I currently have 4 cruises in the Sept. thru Nov. time frame booked (with a balance due) with all the information completed but I can not print any of them yet. Only once in the past was I able to print prior to final payment. Not sure why this is. :rolleyes:

I don't think final payment is required. As a test, I just completed the online check-in for my cruise in October and I can print my SetSail pass now.

You just got lucky.:)

Not always the case with my cruises. In the past, most of my furture cruises (with a balance due) don't show my set sail ready to print until after final payment. I currently have 4 cruises in the Sept. thru Nov. time frame booked (with a balance due) with all the information completed but I can not print any of them yet. Only once in the past was I able to print prior to final payment. Not sure why this is. :rolleyes:

Agree. None of our SetSail passes on our future cruises can be printed because we haven't made final payment. Never could understand why some can print without making final payment and the rest of us have to wait.

If the 2 people are using different credit cards then you will each have to print out your own pass. This just happened with my son and DIL when then each used a separate credit card.

Couple weeks ago I completed the online check-in for two of my cruises. One is in June, the other in October. Online check-in was done at the same time for both, none of them was paid in full for.

I was able to print the SetSail for the first one right away, but not for the second. Not sure there´s a rhyme for it:confused:

Our planned cruise for 2014, waiting on dates to open, will have three of us, DH & I and daughter, who will have her own Credit Card for any personal purchases, yet she will be sailing in the same room as us, in reading Post # 9 Maria, will I need to print out two Set Sail Passes or just one since she will be rooming with us. Otherwise, we are paying for her cruise.

Our planned cruise for 2014, waiting on dates to open, will have three of us, DH & I and daughter, who will have her own Credit Card for any personal purchases, yet she will be sailing in the same room as us, in reading Post # 9 Maria, will I need to print out two Set Sail Passes or just one since she will be rooming with us. Otherwise, we are paying for her cruise.

2. She will have her own.

Out SetSail Pass was available to print about a week after we booked and paid our deposit; haven't made final payment yet for our July 12 cruise.

have you paid it in full???

It seems that paying in full is irrelevant as to whether or not you can print the set sail pass.

It seems that paying in full is irrelevant as to whether or not you can print the set sail pass.

ok...but that doesn't answer the question posed...and as a general rule of thumb they can't be printed until paid in full...

about an hour after i paid my final amount the set sail pass was ready. in over 20 cruises with RCI i have NEVER been able to print the set sail unless paid in full...granted,YMMV..but if the answer to the question i asked is NO then that is PROBABLY why you can't print it out yet...

also i see that you're not in the US so perhaps that makes a difference? i have no idea...but usually if they haven't gotten all your money, you can't print the set sail pass

Well...it used to be that you couldn't print your SetSail Pass until you were paid in full. Apparently some can, on some cruises.:)

What's funny...is that I am so used to NOT printing it, that it's almost like a habit. I make final payment and then complete and print it. :D:):D

ok...but that doesn't answer the question posed...and as a general rule of thumb they can't be printed until paid in full...

about an hour after i paid my final amount the set sail pass was ready. in over 20 cruises with RCI i have NEVER been able to print the set sail unless paid in full...granted,YMMV..but if the answer to the question i asked is NO then that is PROBABLY why you can't print it out yet...

also i see that you're not in the US so perhaps that makes a difference? i have no idea...but usually if they haven't gotten all your money, you can't print the set sail pass

40+ cruises and have never been able to print SetSail pass until final payment.

Ok. I don't pay in full until April. I have booked some gifts for our cabin, the ships transport into Rome and our MTD times that all seemed to open in the last couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coralc, then I will have to fill out two Set Sail Passes, one for us and one for the daughter. Only way around that is to use one Credit Card and settle up any charges she makes which probably won't be much, as she doesn't drink. Tours she will join us unless there is something she wants to do and we don't. As mentioned earlier, we are paying for her cruise, but figured she may want to buy something on her own. Will work that out later.

Coralc, then I will have to fill out two Set Sail Passes, one for us and one for the daughter. Only way around that is to use one Credit Card and settle up any charges she makes which probably won't be much, as she doesn't drink. Tours she will join us unless there is something she wants to do and we don't. As mentioned earlier, we are paying for her cruise, but figured she may want to buy something on her own. Will work that out later.

Yes, that's correct Gay. My DH & I have separate credit cards and accounts, because we have different spending habits. So...we each have our own SetSail Pass.

I fill them both out...we're not that separate. ;):D:):D

I have to laugh...we do our first Transatlantic, you plan for your first TA. We do our first Australia cruise, you plan for your first Australia cruise. (I think you are stalking us :cool:)

We paid for our June cruise in full a couple of weeks ago and we still can't print our set sail passes. Everything says "complete" but no set sail pass to print. This is our first RCCL cruise, so I'm not familiar to how this works.

Archived