will one soda card be enough for a 7nts cruise if soda and water is all you drink

Muffinis#1

New to this, but I have been on 4 cruises and never have gotten the soda package didn't think it was worth it. By the end of the cruise I was so tired of water and sugarless tea and lemonade I could kill for a soda but at the same time I don't want to waste money if there is a limit to how much I can get or drink...so please help me out

You're not talking about sharing one card with others, are you?

You also need to tell us what cruise line. For example, on Celebrity, you don't get bottled water with the soda card---all you get is soda.

If you don't get the soda package, you can certainly buy a soda by the can without a package! They cost about the same as in a hotel vending machine...about $2.50 or so, depending on cruiseline.

The soda package is PER PERSON and usually includes fountain soda on some lines.

If you give your cruiseline, we can be more specific!

And, many lines don't care if you bring some soda aboard....

It really depends on the cruise line. On HAL, the soda card is like a debit card. Not sure of current prices, but last year it was $25 for a $50 card, around 22 sodas, with the caveat that if you didn't spend $25 on sodas, you got a refund of the difference. On most of the other lines, the soda card is usually a sticker that goes on your cruise card that signifies that you have paid for the package for the entire cruise and gives you unlimited sodas. Prices vary depending on cruise line, though its usually the cost of 3 sodas a day.

Only you can decide if its worth it. For me, I actually prefer water and iced tea over soda, plus at night I can't drink anything with caffeine, so that pretty much rules out soda for me. My wife on the other hand, drinks a lot of soda, so we usually get her a sticker.

NCL charges 6.95 per day per person and it is unlimited. You can get the soda at any of the bars or resturants even at the coffee house.

At 6.95/per day that is about 2 1/2 sodas per day you are paying for. If you drink more than that, then it is worth it. If you think you will only drink 1 per day, then it probably is not

New to this, but I have been on 4 cruises and never have gotten the soda package didn't think it was worth it. By the end of the cruise I was so tired of water and sugarless tea and lemonade I could kill for a soda but at the same time I don't want to waste money if there is a limit to how much I can get or drink...so please help me out

sorry everybody, like I said I am new to this site.....thanks everyone for the help... our cruise line will be Hol. America...

sorry everybody, like I said I am new to this site.....thanks everyone for the help... our cruise line will be Hol. America...

OK, but the difficult question is how much you drink. I believe HALs soda cards come in $25 and $50 versions, but you need to confirm that on the HAL board. I believe the charge is 1.75 per drink. From there you can do the math.

Again, you will gain lots of info by looking over on the HAL board.

You will get 22 cans of soda. I think it is a great deal as you are only paying $25 total but get $50 worth of soda. I bought this for our Westerdam cruise last month and have another one for the Maasdam next week. I drink a lot of Diet Coke. What is nice is you can go and get two cans at one time or six. My husband and I both drank the soft drinks. Also supplemented with cans picked up in the ports. If you think you are going to drink $100 worth of soda, get two cards -- 44 cans. To me that is a lot but whatever you don't use can be credited back.

It sounds like you'd be better off just buying a soda every now and then....I'm not a big soda drinker myself, or at least I try and avoid it just to be a little healthier. But the soda packages tend to work well for those who drink several a day.

I always get the soda cards. I drink 5-6 a day. They have always been unlimited drinks cards on the lines we use, Princes, Celebrity, and Royal. On our last Princes cruise, for $10 more, you got unlimited “High energy protein drinks” (malts & shakes). I did not loose money!

DDWW

Archived