bringing wine: would you stop sailing HAL if you could not bring your own?

CtheW0rld

would you quit sailing HAL if they did not let you bring your own wine?  

247 members have voted

1. 1. would you quit sailing HAL if they did not let you bring your own wine?

• yes
    • no
    • i don't drink wine
    • other

Leave HAL and go where? To one of the other popular lines

Ie Carnival,NCL, Celebrity,Princess

Where you can only bring a bottle or two?

Poll makes no Sense.

It's not going to prevent my DH and I from sailing on HAL--however, if we did feel strongly about it we can sail on Princess where I brought 6 bottles of wine in our carryon on our last cruise with no problems.

It would have been nice to see the results - did you make it a secret??:rolleyes:

In any case - for what my two cents are worth (two cents), we enjoy our wine in our cabin and part of the reason we do the cabin we do.

So, if HAL stopped it we would have to re-examine everything to determine what works for us. I'm sure many others would do the same:p;)

doesn't mean we wouldn't sail HAL - just means we would be doing some evaluating and comparison shopping - not sold on Oceania yet as you can't get a hot breakfast on room service unless you are in a suite (sorry HawaiiDan)

I would be very sorry to see the wine privilege with drawn even though we buy a bottle every night from the admirals list. We do bring several bottles of bubbly with us. It is interesting to see the source of this question, as he has had nothing good to ever say about HAL and that in fact he would never cruise on them again. I am not a cheer leader and certainly many of the changes in crew numbers and responsibilities is very concerning I still feel HAL is an excellent line and look forward to many future cruises with them.

I would be very sorry to see the wine privilege with drawn even though we buy a bottle every night from the admirals list. We do bring several bottles of bubbly with us. It is interesting to see the source of this question, as he has had nothing good to ever say about HAL and that in fact he would never cruise on them again. I am not a cheer leader and certainly many of the changes in crew numbers and responsibilities is very concerning I still feel HAL is an excellent line and look forward to many future cruises with them.

ok. if you say so... (cheerleader is one word, btw)

and for the record, i've had many good things to say about hal. just not lately - they haven't deserved it. if posters who call it as they see it are so distressing to you, i suggest you block my posts.

so this is a good segue into my question:

where in Rome do i buy my take-aboard wine for the TA cruise we are taking in October?...never been to Rome. staying in Trastevere.

thanks,,,

almost any corner will have a wine store. you won't have trouble.

so this is a good segue into my question:

where in Rome do i buy my take-aboard wine for the TA cruise we are taking in October?...never been to Rome. staying in Trastevere.

thanks,,,

Your area has plenty of places to buy wine - no worries:D:D If you have never been - I do hope you are going to stay a couple of days (at least) precruise? this is a city that you can explore or days.

Have a great time :D:D

Since we fly in the day before I guess we could find a place say in Ft Lauderdale to stock up but quite frankly I've always considered that a pain in the backside. It's not that we don't like or order wine on a cruise but four or five bottles just isn't worth it to us. Yes, I understand we could probably buy as good or better wine on shore for a lot less than we'll pay on the cruise.

It means nothing to us HAL permits guests to bring wine, soda and/or water aboard. We never bring any of that with the exception of one time we received a gift of wine at a precruise hotel and we brought it aboard as we didn't drink it before we left the hotel. We ended up leaving it on the ship. :o

We enjoy wine with our dinner and are always able to find a bottle on the wine list to order.

I'm actually surprised HAL still permits guests to bring those beverages but I am sure they know what they are doing.

Am I the only one who thought the poll closing in 2015 is just a little too out there? 2015! Just short of 3 years???

Gotta wonder just how far down this thread will be when the poll closes.

Didn't notice that. That's too funny:D. Hey, let's make this a sticky:p;).

Am I the only one who thought the poll closing in 2015 is just a little too out there? 2015! Just short of 3 years???

Gotta wonder just how far down this thread will be when the poll closes.

No you're not the only one;) I was trying to figure that one out myself - but what the hey - maybe if enough people keep on voting this thread will be here on the front page for at least 2 days:confused::D Three years from now it will take a search engine to find it!

Archived