What If, One Day.....

HamOp

What would you do if one day you clicked on Cruise Critic and it was GONE!

"Sorry, the page you clicked on is no longer active"

So many of the posters to the HAL board, and I'm sure other boards, have developed "friendships" on these chat boards. Do you have another way to stay in contact? Would you want to?

I'd miss it a lot.

It has provided me lots of enjoyment, fun, information and I'd be sorry for CC to not be available to us.

Do you know something the rest of us don't know? :eek:

There are a few people here for whom I don't have an e-mail address and I'd be sorry to be unable to contact them. Were we friends, I'd have their address but they are people I would like to meet and respect from here on CC.

I'd miss it a lot.

It has provided me lots of enjoyment, fun, information and I'd be sorry for CC to not be available to us.

There are a few people here for whom I don't have an e-mail address and I'd be sorry to be unable to contact them. Were we friends, I'd have their address but they are people I would like to meet and respect from here on CC.

My feelings exactly! It would be a great loss!

I'd miss it a lot.

No, not at all. Just a thought that came to mind.

Let's hope that never comes to pass. I'd miss all this great information.

What would I do instead???

I love reading CC even though I don't know when we'll have money for another cruise. I love dreaming about another one. The board helps with that.

I'd have a worse case of CW (cruise withdrawal) without the board.

Earthly life as we know it would have come to a cruel end.

LIKE LIKE,

So true, Ruth. I have found so much good information and so much fun on these boards in the two short years I have been here. there are many people I would miss hearing from !!

meh. easy come, easy go.

What would I do instead???

I love reading CC even though I don't know when we'll have money for another cruise. I love dreaming about another one. The board helps with that.

I'd have a worse case of CW (cruise withdrawal) without the board.

--same here,, when ive had a bad day in the shop, i really need to here from you guys,it puts me in tha HAL sort of space and all is ok for a min or so:D

Kind of like after the ice age....life would find a way to continue...another forum would be created maybe called "Cruise Critique" :D. Word would get out..those in contact with one another would tell others and so on and so on....and soon the regulars we have come to know and love would find their way home.

However ,what we are ever going to do if this 'computer culture' we have all grown so dependent on, ceases to exist , is quite another story.

Has anyone tried the HAL page on Facebook. I don't care for Facebook and don't use it. However, it must be popular because the Facebook folks are having a Meet and Greet on the Ryndam cruise that I have booked for 10/26. HAL put both groups together for this event. I don't think that the CC people liked this. Since I do my meeting and greeting at the Ocean Bar, I don't care.

Maybe a younger generation is using Facebook. Love to know.:)

I use FB and I'm attending their M&G. But the CC M&G is scheduled separately from the FB users. They are two different groups of people. HAL shouldn't try to mix them together. I've done event planning and I would never mix two groups together! :eek:

OK.... how many people would be willing to pay a joining fee... say $5 to help administration costs?

If you mean a fee to 'join' CC and have reading/posting privileges.....

I would pay a reasonable sum.

Archived