Wonderful Copenhagen

That's odd, I'm sure that I posted a reply but I can't find it either.

The metro ride is very simply, the acces to the platforms and trains are step free and the hotel is located a few 100 meters from Kongens Nytorv.

Regarding the Copenhagen Card I think its a no go.

You can buy a combined Amalienborg/Rosenborg ticket for 110 kroner and the entrance to Tivoli is costing 99 kroner.

If you take the metro or a bus it will cost you 24 kroner in central Copenhagen, from the airport its 36 kroner.

Can anyone tell me if all Norwegian Cruise Lines ships berths are in one location.

We will be departing Copenhagen Sept. 24 2015 on the Norwegian Star. We would look to book a hotel in a near vicinity of the pier, but I have no idea where that might be.

We have heard good reports on the Bethel Hotel in Copenhagen and would book it at the first opportunity if it has an option of some sort to get us to the pier the day of departure.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

We are coming off a long flight June 26th and heading from the airport to the cruise port, C330 on the Eurodam. It appears that it is easy enough to get a taxi but what would we expect to pay approximately ? How can I pay ?

Likewise returning on the 8th July we leave CPH 12.20 to Fra. to return to Canada. A taxi coming off the ship should be easy enough but fare from terminal to airport would cost approximately ?

I see you mention about transfers and zones, but don't think we would be able to handle 2 checked bags and a carry on by ourselves and that is why I am looking at taxi costs.

Thanks in advance and I liked your suggestion of starting a new thread soon.

Its Oceankaj.

If you stay at Bethel then you can take Bus 26 towards UNICEF Færgehavn Nord, it will get you directly to the pier.

DV this is what I thought...but when I called to get pier info NCL told me Orient...something. I dont think NCL knows which piers their cruiseships dock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Checked in to the Bethel today.

All the great advice here and I still got on the wrong train! Lol. Took the 'S' instead of the 'M'. Lots of wonderful, friendly, helpful people put me straight.

There are stairs up to the Bethel reception. Some very kind gentleman helped me up. Need to find out from reception if there's a way down by lift! My single room is small but clean with a lovely shower room. It overlooks Nyhavn. Perfect location.

I've started a blog. It's here.

please give me info on the Bethel, re: lifts and such. we are booked the top floor corner room in August and husband has bad hip. :eek:

Checked in to the Bethel today.

All the great advice here and I still got on the wrong train! Lol. Took the 'S' instead of the 'M'. Lots of wonderful, friendly, helpful people put me straight.

There are stairs up to the Bethel reception. Some very kind gentleman helped me up. Need to find out from reception if there's a way down by lift! My single room is small but clean with a lovely shower room. It overlooks Nyhavn. Perfect location.

I've started a blog. It's here.

please give me info on the Bethel, re: lifts and such. we are booked the top floor corner room in August and husband has bad hip. :eek:

There is a lift in the hotel. It's getting up to the reception that caused me momentary concern. There will be someone to help up but I will definitely ask this morning about step free access. Whilst I am here am happy to answer questions. Woken by seagulls this morning. Not an unpleasant sound just 5am was a bit of a shock! I'm a very light sleeper. The sun is out!

We are coming off a long flight June 26th and heading from the airport to the cruise port, C330 on the Eurodam. It appears that it is easy enough to get a taxi but what would we expect to pay approximately ? How can I pay ?

Likewise returning on the 8th July we leave CPH 12.20 to Fra. to return to Canada. A taxi coming off the ship should be easy enough but fare from terminal to airport would cost approximately ?

I see you mention about transfers and zones, but don't think we would be able to handle 2 checked bags and a carry on by ourselves and that is why I am looking at taxi costs.

Thanks in advance and I liked your suggestion of starting a new thread soon.

I don't mind posting the taxi prices but it wonbe before tonight (Danish time) but else look some pages back and you can find them by yourself.

Got off Norwegian Star on Sunday June 15 around 9 am. From the ship, I saw 2 bus #26 waiting at the bus stop and some cruise ship passengers walked toward and got on them.

My party of 4 ended up taking a taxi from Oceankaj Terminal 1 (C331) to Hotel Kong Arthur for around DKK$170.

I have no idea whether bus 26 would be going in the other direction (city center to UNICEF) on weekend or not.

thank you so much! I am so excited! I have 47 more days until I am there. how central is the Bethel to shopping and the downtown area? is it walkable?

There is a lift in the hotel. It's getting up to the reception that caused me momentary concern. There will be someone to help up but I will definitely ask this morning about step free access. Whilst I am here am happy to answer questions. Woken by seagulls this morning. Not an unpleasant sound just 5am was a bit of a shock! I'm a very light sleeper. The sun is out!

Great choice. There is a lift, so don't worry. There is a way to exit through the courtyard from the lift/elevator and you usually don't find out about it until some nice person tells you. If walking up the stairs is an issue, I would have the person who can do the stairs go to reception and the lift is directly ahead. Have the person who has problems with stairs wait with the luggage. Ask the staff how to get outside for your luggage. I believe there are green doors to look for that lead you out the special way.

With this strategy, you won't have to worry about stairs. The Bethel is a great place to stay. Just be aware the CPH is expensive and look for restaurants off the Nyhavn.

Danish Viking - I have another question for you. We are in Copenhagen and leaving tomorrow for a cruise on Legend of the Seas. We were planning on taking the#26 bus to the port.

Friends think that it might be easier to take the train because of our luggage.

Our hotel is the Cabinn City and we walked here from the central train station after taking a train from the airport. That walk was not bad.

All the notes that I have read so far have only mentioned taking the bus, so I am not sure if the train makes sense or not.

Thanks

Could we walk from the train to the pier rather than taking the 26? My friend thought it would be about 10 more minutes.

10 minute walk from Cabinn Inn to the train station.

the S train towards the pier

10 minute walk from the S train to the pier

Could that be right?

and location? are we near the Stroget and central downtown attractions ie Tivoli, by walking or will we need a taxi? trains and busses are not my DH forte'. Also does the Bethel have Wifi or internet for the customers?

Great choice. There is a lift, so don't worry. There is a way to exit through the courtyard from the lift/elevator and you usually don't find out about it until some nice person tells you. If walking up the stairs is an issue, I would have the person who can do the stairs go to reception and the lift is directly ahead. Have the person who has problems with stairs wait with the luggage. Ask the staff how to get outside for your luggage. I believe there are green doors to look for that lead you out the special way.

With this strategy, you won't have to worry about stairs. The Bethel is a great place to stay. Just be aware the CPH is expensive and look for restaurants off the Nyhavn.

Yes, they have very good wifi. Bethel is close to all the attractions you want in central Copenhagen- close to Rosenborg, Amielenborg Palace, the Netto Canal boats are a few steps away, the Stroget is also a short distance and Trivoli is also about a 15-20 min walk. We didn't use a taxi except to the airport and from the port. Very navigable. The Bethel has everything I think you might want in a nice little hotel and the price is right. The staff is also helpful and very pleasant and enjoy conversing with the guests.

To Danish Viking and all...

Thanks so much. Let me give a quick report on the transfers to my Norwegian Star cruise on 06 June. I flew into Copenhagen Thursday evening (05 June) and rehearsed everything. Decided to buy a 24 hour Copenhagen card. From my hotel took the metro, which was elevated at that point and had a lift to Kogens Nytor which also had a lift to street level (it's underground at that point) and saw that it was one simple street to cross to catch the #26 Unicef bus. (Then took the #26 bus in the other direction and spent a very peasant evening at Tivoli).

So the next day I did the metro to Kogens Nytor, caught the 0919 bus (wanted to get there early and avoid crowded bus) and wondered how difficult it would be at Unicef. I had investigated that the Norwegian Star would be the only ship at Oceankej that day and was using C330. But just how far would I have to shlep my bag. Amazingly enough, I need not have worried because when we arrived at Unicef, staring right in front of us, no more than half a block across the street, was the Norwegin Star. You couldn't miss it and it couldn't have been easier and of course since I had gotten full value frm my Copenhagen card the day before, in effect the transfer was free. Had to wait 45 minutes for the porters to take my bag but from there, everything was a breeze.

Now one more part to this report. The ship had arrived back in port on Sunday 15 June. Well of course spread throughout this is the information the #26 bus does not run to Unicef on weekends. Well, for logistical reasons, I had made other arrangements to spend the day before a late afternoon flight. But as our bus was pulling away, guess what I saw. At the bus stop, right across the street, was a #26 bus. Has the Port Authority come to its senses and begun running the #26 bus to Oceankej for the new terminal?

Thank you Danish Viking for everything.

Got off Norwegian Star on Sunday June 15 around 9 am. From the ship, I saw 2 bus #26 waiting at the bus stop and some cruise ship passengers walked toward and got on them.

My party of 4 ended up taking a taxi from Oceankaj Terminal 1 (C331) to Hotel Kong Arthur for around DKK$170.

I have no idea whether bus 26 would be going in the other direction (city center to UNICEF) on weekend or not.

See my post two or three postings above. We must have passed each other. Not only did I see a bus #26 on that Sunday morning at the bus stop heading back into downtown Copenhagen but I saw one that had just left the Unicef last stop, had turned right and was heading down the pier apparently to turn around to start its trip back downtown as the next bus.

As I asked, is it possible the Port Authority and the city of Copenhagen have reached a deal to provide bus service on weekends via bus #26 to oceankej?

so, my simple question is: what is the average temperatures in Copenhagen in late July and early August? I have looked at the weather websites but it gives estimates not actuals. thanks DV. ;)
Don't you think the "estimates" are basically averages from past years?

See this page for all the stats: http://www.copenhagen.climatemps.com/

Edited by catl331