2014 / 2015 Deployment Update

Andy

cruises starting off in Venice (or Genoa or even Rome/Civi) are fine, but then I wish they would to something different than the Naples-Livorno-Athens-Santorini-Mykonos etc thing.

12-14 days heading to Spain, spanish islands, Portugal incl. Madeira, something like that. That woiuld be a nice change.

:)

cruises starting off in Venice (or Genoa or even Rome/Civi) are fine, but then I wish they would to something different than the Naples-Livorno-Athens-Santorini-Mykonos etc thing.

12-14 days heading to Spain, spanish islands, Portugal incl. Madeira, something like that. That woiuld be a nice change.

agree 100%

I actually might. I'll have to go check my pictures. The 1997 Alaska cruise was my honeymoon from my "starter" marriage, so I've wisely destroyed or hid most of that evidence from my real wife!

Thank you very much for your help. Love the CC family!

Tom,

You just exposed that secret on the internet (cc). Good luck.

Has anyone seen the new Alaska 2014 deployment schedule appear under online travel agencies????? I AM NOT asking for specific agency names. Rather, I am just curious if you have seen any postings as I have not. I have already booked with Celebrity but thinking about transferring to an agency.

Got an email from my travel agent Tuesday that Alaska was open. Missed getting her on phone so I put courtesy hold on our favorite cabin via =X= website. Coordinated her picking it up the moment I clicked 'cancel' while we were on the phone together yesterday. All worked out fine.:cool:

Hi Everyone,

I've noticed that Celebrity revised some of the scheduled deployment release dates. It seems the earlier part of the schedule (Europe, South America, Panama Canal) remains the same, while the latter part of the schedule (Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Hawaii & Caribbean) have been adjusted, with Hawaii, Asia, Australia & NZ releasing on 4/11, and Caribbean releasing on 4/17.

Assuming the Captains Club Early booking offer remains for all new deployments, we may learn about each region, and opening for Captains Club Member booking, 1 week prior to the dates listed below. As an example, I'm anticipating that we may hear about Alaska later today (March 5th).

I hope this is helpful !

Here's the updated list : (As always - subject to change)

===================================

Bermuda, Canada / New England - Open For Booking

Alaska - 3/12

Northern Eurpope - 3/21

Europe & Transatlantic - 3/27

South America & Panama Canal - 4/3

Asia, Hawaii, Australia / New Zealand - 4/11

Caribbean - 4/17

Andy,

Thanks for all your hard work. I'm really chomping @ the bit for Scandinavia+St P for 2014.

Got really excited at the rumor of a a LeHavre call for D-Day anniversary (which is also our anniversary-insert joke here) but I'm upset that X may have cut time in Copenhagen(see posting on CC) from 8am to 11:59-2013 Eclipse & 8a-5p on Connie 2013 to 8a to 1pm !! on Eclipse 2014 (which actually works out to 4hrs as we have to board 1-hr to 30min prior to sailing. Pls if you have any info tell me this was a misprint. IMHO I would delete "Berlin" with its 6+/- RT travel(sving it for a land trip) for extended time in CPH,STK STP etc.

Any info you might gleen would be greatly appreciated.

Carole

The Celebrity Silhouette will be doing 7-day Eastern Mediterranean cruises out of VENICE in 2014. I've got no information on ports yet...

I find the notion of 7 night Med cruises rather disappointing...

The Med is my favorite region to cruise...BUT...if I am going to invest all of that time and money to fly all the way to the Med, I want something a whole lot longer than 7 nights...

Yes, one can do a "back-to-back"...BUT, that would typically entail circling back to Venice and covering at least part of the same area twice...

I really prefer cruises of AT LEAST 14 nights in Europe...Make it worth my time...

The Med is my favorite region to cruise...BUT...if I am going to invest all of that time and money to fly all the way to the Med, I want something a whole lot longer than 7 nights...

Yes, one can do a "back-to-back"...BUT, that would typically entail circling back to Venice and covering at least part of the same area twice...

I really prefer cruises of AT LEAST 14 nights in Europe...Make it worth my time...

As someone who lives in the UK, and doesn't wish to sail out of the UK, I have the opposite view. I am really excited by the thought of 7 night cruises in the Med. Since we're loyal to RC and Celebrity the only options we've had in the Med have been with RC.

Perhaps these 7 night cruises are meant to attract more Europeans to Celebrity

I agree, and I only live a couple of hours flying-time from the Italian ports. Our preference for longer cruises has increased as we've got more cruise time under our belts. I remember when we did a couple of 10 night cruises on Galaxy in the Med - they seemed very long. Last autumn we felt that our 13-night cruise to the Canary Islands on P&O's Arcadia was a bit too short.

Like many others I'm waiting with great anticipation for the Mediterranean itineraries to be announced. I think that a 12-night cruise similar to some of this year's itineraries with a couple of days in Rome or Barcelona beforehand would be ideal.

Cruise 7 , tour 7 :D

I agree whole-heartedly. For me it is impossible to spend too much time in Europe . If only my bank account would agree with me. We usually fly to some city a week or two before the cruise date. Then spend up to a week in that city, sometimes go to another city and then take the train or fly to the departure point. Last fall we flew to Madrid,spent 6 days touring in and around the city, took the high speed train to Malaga , hiked all over Malaga, went to Ronda, and departed for a TA from Malaga a week later. This year we fly to Paris, train to Normandy for a week, train back to Paris or a full week and then fly to Barcelona for our Med cruise. We rent an apartment in all places with VRBO and have been very pleased with our accommodation and the prices. Train fare and flights between major cities in Europe are quite reasonable ( I am used to the prices in Canada ) and being able to prepare some meals on your own makes for an economical holiday. How great it would be to cruise for 2 weeks and see different places that way. Being retired certainly has its benefits and longer holidays are one of them.

Nikki

As someone who lives in the UK, and doesn't wish to sail out of the UK, I have the opposite view. I am really excited by the thought of 7 night cruises in the Med. Since we're loyal to RC and Celebrity the only options we've had in the Med have been with RC.

Perhaps these 7 night cruises are meant to attract more Europeans to Celebrity

not necessarily. S e of us Americans can't take 2 weeks vacation at once and (in my cars) want to be able to tack on a land tour. Hope they offer options for all our various needs.

I agree about the 7 night Med cruises. I don't need 14 nights but have enjoyed the 11 & 12 nighters they've offered the last few years. I would not fly to Europe for a 7 night cruise, not worth it.:confused:

I would never fly to Europe just to do a cruise and not do a land vacation as well. This is where a 7 day cruise could work for me. In 2014, I'm looking for a 7 day cruise, 2 weeks land tour, and 7-day trans-Atlantic on the Queen Mary 2 to New York.

I'll save you some trouble, in that, the newly released (to Capt Club) Infinity summer 2014 has a hole. It gets to Copenhagen on May 23 2014 and disappears to show up on May 30th in Copenhagen. Would have been nice to do BUT found out from Res that it is a "corporate charter" for those 7 days.

I just sent a Tweet to Celebrity asking about the Fall Pacific Coastals (after the Alaska sailings are done) and they redirected me to the current Spring (April/May) sailings...when I SPECIFICALLY mentioned the Fall sailings I got THIS back:

@JasonLHalifax Not sure if there will be any in 2014..so all itineraries for 2014 should be out by mid April 2013. Thanks!

What do I make of THAT random tweet?

Jason

Another completely agree with you of this.

I just sent a Tweet to Celebrity asking about the Fall Pacific Coastals (after the Alaska sailings are done) and they redirected me to the current Spring (April/May) sailings...when I SPECIFICALLY mentioned the Fall sailings I got THIS back:

@JasonLHalifax Not sure if there will be any in 2014..so all itineraries for 2014 should be out by mid April 2013. Thanks!

What do I make of THAT random tweet?

Jason

From that I would think some ships are going east out of Vancouver and not down the coast.

Yes, but I do not see the Westbound TA on the Eclipse for Nov. 2014. Anyone have an idea of when that might be made available? I would be interested to see that itinerary and the Westbound or Eastbound TA on the Equinox. We are hoping for Europe ports versus Caribbean ports in route to or from Ft. Lauderdale. The Eclipse Eastbound TA 2014 has the Caribbean ports and is not of interest to us. We usually go to the Caribbean 2x per year, but would like the TA to be primarily Europe ports.

Kathy

Well, we prefer the Caribbean stops over the European. We are from Europe and can´t wait to reach warm waters. Hope it stays, since they had the European ports for years. (And still got some this year) It´s nice that they provide both alternatives.

Archived