when you have 2 formal night!!!

Hi guys;)

when you have a cruise that has 2 formal nights which of the 2 nights the formal become less formal? is not that i want to show up with jeans or anything like that but Im planning to wear my suit and all of that one of the night , but the other one I going for more fashion color pants/ color jacket and a tshirt. :D

It's also been our experience that the first formal night is 'more' formal. My theory is that people are just more excited about formal night early in the cruise. With that said, we suit (and dress/gown) up equally on both formal nights.

Since your post started with "Hi guys". I'll answer as a guy.

I bought a tux about 10 years ago. It was the best clothing purchase I ever made. I bring the tux and wear the usual cumberbund and bowtie for the first night. I also bring an extra french cuff shirt with a satin long tie for the second night. I also have a vest with colored vest with matching tie.

I never have to worry about what to wear at formal events. My wife always comments how easy I have it.

You can pick up a tux set for $100-$150 . Just pick a traditional black single breasted suit with regular lapel. It will never go out of style.

Mine even came with a little elastic for that second formal night:eek:

I've probably worn mine over 25 times on cruises, weddings and formal events. A rental onboard is over $100.

Just another idea: We usually wear the exact same outfit on both formal nights (sometimes, but not always, with different accessories). No one notices, and it saves on packing space.

I change my tie but you are right, nobody notices. :)

Sent from my Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk 2

Hey quick question about formal night...I was thinking about wearing a bridesmaids dress on one of the nights (if I can manage to squeeze into it) its navy blue, a-line, floor length. Thought it might be fun to wear. Am I going to get weird looks wearing something that formal? We're on the oasis if that means anything

Hey quick question about formal night...I was thinking about wearing a bridesmaids dress on one of the nights (if I can manage to squeeze into it) its navy blue, a-line, floor length. Thought it might be fun to wear. Am I going to get weird looks wearing something that formal? We're on the oasis if that means anything

No, you will not get any weird looks, you will actually get a fair amount of admiring looks and probably a few folks who do tell you how nice you look. Go for it! I always wear cocktail dresses or one of the 2 long gowns that I have and always get admiring looks or comments (from ladies mainly, as we all know that's who is really checking each other out!). Hubby wears his tux one night and a nice suit the other - we do love dressing for formal night, it makes it very special. Get out of the room a little early and do some of the portrait sittings (free for the sitting, then check out the pics later and see if you like them) We have great pictures from many a cruise from formal nights. Enjoy yourselves!

ps: we LOVE the Oasis - amazing ship, have a great time!

No, my daughters (who are now 22 and 20) wear their prom dresses and sweet 16 dresses on formal nights. My mother has worn her mother-of-the-bride/groom gowns too. They are not the only ones who are very dressed up, and they look spectacular. All looks and comments from others are positive.

Just another idea: We usually wear the exact same outfit on both formal nights (sometimes, but not always, with different accessories). No one notices, and it saves on packing space.

Same here. We have 3 formal nights on the next cruise and will do the same.

M

Let me answer this from a man's perspective.

You probably paid anywhere from $200-500 for the dress and have only worn it once. I think it's a horrible scam perpetrated on woman. I bought a tux about 10 years ago and have used it about 25 times. Now, that's bang for your buck.

A new dress for this cruise will cost at least $100 on sale and probably alot more. Save your money and treat yourself to something special on your cruise.:)

I hope your husband agrees:eek:

We were on the Allure last summer and I wore the floor length " maxi dresses" almost every night They are very popular here in the south and I saw so many girls doing the same. Enjoy. You will have a great time

Just off Allure today - sitting at airport while I write this. :)

This was my very first cruise, so did not know what to expect, so I brought a formal floor length gown for both formal night dinners (lobster was second night).

What made me smile - walking into the lounge area for a before dinner drink - a random man looked at me and said "wow" - that made my night! :)

Hi guys;)

the other one I going for more fashion color pants/ color jacket and a tshirt. :D

In what universe is that formal? OK, I know. I'm old fashioned. But sorry, in my world that is NOT formal attire.

I don't suppose you'd consider wearing the suit both nights with a different shirt and tie, or maybe going to the buffet on the second formal night?

Nah, I didn't think so. I'm fighting a losing battle. ;)

Let me answer this from a man's perspective.

You probably paid anywhere from $200-500 for the dress and have only worn it once. I think it's a horrible scam perpetrated on woman. I bought a tux about 10 years ago and have used it about 25 times. Now, that's bang for your buck.

A new dress for this cruise will cost at least $100 on sale and probably alot more. Save your money and treat yourself to something special on your cruise.:)

I hope your husband agrees:eek:

Umm... No my newest dress was $30 at Dillard's. Of course I love shopping and finding the best bargain. ;)

In what universe is that formal? OK, I know. I'm old fashioned. But sorry, in my world that is NOT formal attire.

I don't suppose you'd consider wearing the suit both nights with a different shirt and tie, or maybe going to the buffet on the second formal night?

Nah, I didn't think so. I'm fighting a losing battle. ;)

Not challenging your perspective and choices but you do realize that - with RCI at least - formal night is categorized as "suggested attire". Many men wear slacks and a jacket with a tie - many less formal than that. (And I won't take this thread to what we have seen - but trust me I could). Not arguing the merits or who's right or wrong, but when it is a suggested attire that is not enforced either way you will run the gambit on what people will wear - and legitimately so.

Archived