Do they clean....

fishycomics

Life jackets, or will you worry bout germs on them.................

most sure it was asked...............:D

Oh yes! That's why you should always put that whistle in your mouth, when you try your life jacket on! :eek: ;)

I doubt if they clean them, but this is very low on the list of things I would ever worry about. Ok, I'd never worry about it.

If I ever actually need the life jacket, I sure won't worry about its cleanliness.

Germs don't live for long on a hard dry surface, so in general I don't worry about them having germs on them.....back in the day when we had to put them on for every drill, I wiped them down with a clorox wet wipe as soon as I got to my cabin....but now that they are hardly ever removed from the closet I don't bother.

Don't put the whistle in your mouth. That would seem to be obvious yet in the days when HAL required we wear them at life boat drill, there were always people who could not resist the impulse to play with the whistle. :eek: Used to amaze me. :D

We all know what situations lifejackets are used in, and people worry about germs? When you have to wear a lifejacket to save your life, germs should be the least of your worries. Besides, the ocean water will wash off those germs, anyway :). Apologies for the dark humor, but there are situations where germophobia doesn't belong.

We didn't have to take our life jackets to our Norwegian muster so we never touched them. If you need to put on a life jacket though, I doubt that you'll care how dirty they are. :-)

One of the life jackets in our cabin looked like it was brand new so it seems they do get replaced from time to time.

This was on Emerald Princess (2013) ... and, yes, we did have to take them to the muster drill and put them there.

LuLu

~~~~

Archived