Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

56 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Well ?????? 🤣

Alas, not this time. I completely forgot that my next analytics class starts on Wednesday. It's online and Princess's wifi is surprisingly fast, but classwork takes the fun out of travel. I've tried it before. 😞

Have an awesome time! Please snarf down one of their cinnamon sugar doughnuts on my behalf. Oh so good... (and if you try Harmony restaurant, definitely get the egg white fried rice) (and pizza at Alfredo's) (dang, Princess had really good food)

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There seems to be quite a few solos booked for Norwegian Epic on Feb 27th out of San Juan. I’m hoping it’ll be a bit more social than my trip in October was, though I badly needed to just chill out on that cruise. Does anyone know if the hosted solo meet-ups are officially back up and running  ? 

On 2/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, eileeshb said:

There seems to be quite a few solos booked for Norwegian Epic on Feb 27th out of San Juan. I’m hoping it’ll be a bit more social than my trip in October was, though I badly needed to just chill out on that cruise. Does anyone know if the hosted solo meet-ups are officially back up and running  ? 

They definitely were running last October.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:24 PM, taznremmy said:

Well ?????? 🤣

I did eventually decide that I have time to enjoy the cheap solo pricing on Majestic, but it won't be until the February 26th sailing. That falls perfectly between the end of my current class sequence and the start of the next one. A guarantee balcony was $686 with the Princess Plus package, so about a 10% solo supplement?

The roll call here was extremely busy which surprised me until I discovered that this was supposed to be a special cruise with the cast of Love Boat. That event was moved to October so a bunch of people have cancelled. It could be a very empty ship!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

The roll call here was extremely busy which surprised me until I discovered that this was supposed to be a special cruise with the cast of Love Boat. That event was moved to October so a bunch of people have cancelled. It could be a very empty ship!

I am one of those that moved to October.  I am on the three prior to 2/26.  Sorry I will miss you this time around, but happy you are able to take advantage of the great pricing.

47 minutes ago, chumley28540 said:

Booked solo cruise on Carnival Magic September 17, 2022..  Widowed about 2 years ago but really miss cruising. We really loved cruising.  A little hesitant. Anyone else solo on this cruise?

I won't be onboard with you, but I'm 7 years into the same journey. Moments can be tough, but overall it's good & I often feel he's with me. Go. Enjoy. You'd want the same for him.

• Like 1

Booked the Carnival Pride July 30 2023 to Iceland and the British Isles.

Sun London (Dover), England   5:00 PM

Mon Fun Day At Sea    

Tue Belfast, Northern Ireland 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Wed Isle Of Skye, Scotland, UK 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea    

Fri Reykjavik, Iceland 9:00 AM 11:00 PM

Sat Grundarfjordur, Iceland 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Sun Akureyri, Iceland 9:00 AM 6:00 PM

Mon Seydisfjordur, Iceland 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Tue Fun Day At Sea    

Wed Kirkwall, Scotland, UK 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Fun Day At Sea    

Fri London (Dover), England 5:00 AM  

• Like 2

I booked MSC Meraviglia from Barcelona to Port Canaveral September 24, 2022 for 19 days.  Got a huge suite with a huge balcony and hot tub on the 12th floor.  Am on Delta from Tampa to Barcelona on 22 September in Comfort Class for 74,000 miles.  Looking for any other singles on this cruise.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:05 AM, Pat.D said:

One more for the NCL Epic, Feb 27th out of San Juan. 🙂

Still sailing the Epic next week, but as prices dropped like a rock I also booked Mar 12th on the NCL Joy out of Miami. 🙂  (Balcony:  $640usd + tips & taxes, all perks, no solo supplement).

• Like 4

19 hours ago, nesila said:

just booked - Celebrity Apex Dec 17 - 6 night W. Caribbean

Solo infinite balcony - has anyone stayed in one?

I’ll be boarding after you disembark, for the 7-day holiday cruise to the Western Caribbean. I have the holiday week off as paid vacation and need to use up Celebrity FCC. Their other Caribbean options were hefty in price, with even the single Infinite Verandas going for close to $5k.

Apex was half that, so Apex it is!

But now I must get dressed & eat a little breakfast, as I’m in San Pedro and Majestic Princess awaits… 

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 3:39 PM, nesila said:

just booked - Celebrity Apex Dec 17 - 6 night W. Caribbean

Solo infinite balcony - has anyone stayed in one?

I was booked in a Single Infinite Verandah on Edge in October, but got upgraded for a very small price to Aqua Class during Move-up.  It still had the Infinite Verandah, which was fine for me.  The cons:  The view is straight ahead, and you need to stick your head out of the window to see what's to the left and right.  Some complain that the inside A/C shuts off when the verandah window is open.  Pros:  You have more privacy than a normal balcony.  For a single person, the A/C shut-off doesn't matter, since there's no one else trying to sleep when you're there.  In my experience, a Single Infinite Verandah on Edge Class costs less than an inside or outside cabin for a solo traveler.  Getting Aqua without Move-up saved me thousands over booking it to start.  We did not have to wear masks, no one tested positive for Covid on my cruise nor on the sailing before us.  I only got off the ship at St. Thomas, due to port changes and limited options, but I truly enjoyed being back at sea again.  While onboard I booked a Single Infinite Verandah on Edge to go to Australia and New Zealand in March 2024.  An upgrade on Move-up would be nice, but if it doesn't happen, I'll be happy where I'm booked.  On that cruise I do intend to go ashore as many stops as possible and will have wonderful viewing on sea days.

• Like 3