Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

On 1/12/2022 at 12:46 PM, coastcat said:

Woohoo, just booked another one! NCL released sailings for Norwegian Viva (2nd in the Prima class) and despite the hefty cost, I booked a Studio for Viva's first transatlantic in November 2023. So now I have four 2023 cruises booked, all NCL.

Ditto - booking today for Jan 2024 Viva (already have March 2023 Prima) 🙂

3 hours ago, nesila said:

Ditto - booking today for Jan 2024 Viva (already have March 2023 Prima) 🙂

I'm also booked on Prima that month! March 5, to be precise, as part of the La Lido Loca group cruise. I booked a Studio for that but since I've got a Studio on the Prima transatlantic, I'm tempted to upgrade to a balcony if the cost isn't too prohibitive (or even if it is).

Well, at least the arrival of the Prima-class ships might mean fares on Encore will drop a little.

Now that I've cancelled the Edge and Getaway cruises, there's a big empty spot on the calendar from now through mid-June. What to do, what to do... 

• Like 1

So much for that empty calendar spot. See, NCL is offering 2 extra Latitudes points per night for some Alaska sailings, and a 7-day cruise with extra points would move me into Platinum status before the Prima transatlantic, and two extra dinners plus free laundry is a nice thing, and Seattle is my home port, and I just had to cancel those two cruises, and the CruiseNext from the Getaway cruise landed in my account this morning...

Now my next cruise is April 30 on Norwegian Bliss, in a Studio of course.

Edited by coastcat

Four days to go!  Navigator of the Seas B2B -- 28 - 31 Jan 2022 and 31 - 4 Feb 2022.  Trying out an Interior with Virtual Balcony for the first leg, and a OV Balcony for the second.  Looks like we'll be heading into cooler (for the area, anyway) temperature.  Looking forward to exploring several points of interest in Ensenada.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

Four days to go!  Navigator of the Seas B2B -- 28 - 31 Jan 2022 and 31 - 4 Feb 2022.  Trying out an Interior with Virtual Balcony for the first leg, and a OV Balcony for the second.  Looks like we'll be heading into cooler (for the area, anyway) temperature.  Looking forward to exploring several points of interest in Ensenada.

Have a great time! I did Navigator B2B in December - great ship, great crew, very good food except the buffet (get lunch tacos at Loco Fresh instead, yum).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IRMO12HD said:

@coastcatany tips for Ensenada or Catalina?

Seconding the rec for the wine tour. That was fun and surprising - I didn't know anything about Mexico's wine industry.

When I took the tour (through NCL), everyone got a free bottle of wine. It was a long drive back to port. The guide had plastic cups and a corkscrew. The driver switched to a classic rock station. I probably don't need to explain what ensued.

Last time around, I skipped Ensenada on both legs of the B2B because I had a balcony and the Refreshments package includes milkshakes from Johnny Rockets. That made for a great lazy day (or two, or seven to be honest). There are food trucks near the giant flag if you like tostadas and churros. Yum, churros, I was almost tempted to disembark just for that. I've never taken a tour in Catalina (this was my second visit) because the town is charming.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Wine tour is good in Ensenada 

ensenadawinetastingpc.jpg

@GTVCRUISERWas it this one?  "CALAFIA VALLEY WINE COUNTRY ENSENADA, MEXICO: winery tour and tasting adventure through Mexico’s fertile Calafia Valley region. Hear tales of the area’s history, people and culture while traveling alongside an informative guide via motor coach. Visit two renowned wineries in the famed Calafia Valley wine-growing province, home to the country’s largest wine producers."?

4 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

@GTVCRUISERWas it this one?  "CALAFIA VALLEY WINE COUNTRY ENSENADA, MEXICO: winery tour and tasting adventure through Mexico’s fertile Calafia Valley region. Hear tales of the area’s history, people and culture while traveling alongside an informative guide via motor coach. Visit two renowned wineries in the famed Calafia Valley wine-growing province, home to the country’s largest wine producers."?

Yes 

ensenadawinebareelslacetto.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taznremmy said:

Anyone looking for a last minute cruise, I booked the Majestic Princess yesterday, out of Los Angeles, leaving this Saturday (2/5).  Seven night Mexico.  I am in a balcony, solo, for a total of $673 AND $100 OBC 😁

Pat

Wow! Gosh, that's tempting. While I was not completely delighted with my Majestic Princess cruise last year, that was more due to the passenger mix. The ship is pretty and OMG I loved the Harmony restaurant so much.

I mean, I'm really tempted. My husband just said go for it. I need to check my meeting schedule at work first but...

• Like 1