Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Wes, you certainly picked the best excursion from Thorshavn. We did the city tour and had the same experience as Rachel. Those who did Vestmanna had great weather and wonderful views as you did.

Your Indian dinner should be great! On the recent Cloud Norway, Bob and Victoria organized a Thai dinner which was wonderful, and the Belgian Leffe beer was perfect with the spiciness. Hope Ida is well now, and a big hello to Myra, Jorge, and Rudy. Let the good times roll!

Dieter

At sea on the Cloud sailing towards Iceland, we arrive at Akureyri and 8 a.m. tomorrow, July 24th. Pls enjoy some pix:

Ready, Steady, Cook—fun filled cook off with Jorge (Restaurant Mgr) and Annie (pax) vs. Exec Chef Edgar, La Terraza Chef Rudy and another Cloud guest.

iceatseadat001_zpscc4e815c.jpg

Just after noon the Cloud team put on a Traditional English Pub Lunch and Sing along (Anyone for some fish & chips?)

iceatseadat002_zpseb41ccc8.jpg

The Captain just prior to noon the Captain announced we had to divert 3hrs towards the East Coast of Iceland to let a sick passenger off. The Captain said even with this 3hr diversion we would arrive in Akureyri on schedule. Our since prayers/best hopes for recovery for a fellow guest. Pix of boat taking passenger to nearest port below:

iceatseadat006_zps2fb67003.jpg

Enjoy this pix of the stunning East Iceland coast taken from the pool deck of the Cloud today about 2pm

iceatseadat010_zps64564334.jpg

Thanks for all the effort with posts and pics, Wes. I'm really enjoying tagging along on your trip. I hope nobody takes the time to participate in the flaming on the board re the Shadow. Lots of folks you never heard of posting comments. And then, of course, there's Travelcat! Have a great cruise!

Thanks for all the effort with posts and pics, Wes. I'm really enjoying tagging along on your trip. I hope nobody takes the time to participate in the flaming on the board re the Shadow. Lots of folks you never heard of posting comments. And then, of course, there's Travelcat! Have a great cruise!

+1, Doug!!!

Wes, I'm so enjoying all the wonderful posts and pics...enjoy Iceland!!!

Nancy

Tonight’s Indian dinner organized by TexasLadyCruiser/Karen & Ida (menu) and Farbster/Lawrence (Drinks) was exceptionally outstanding. Menu consisted of Tandoori Chicken, Biryani Chicken, Spicy Chicken Curry, Indian Rice, Indian Veggies, Naan Bread—best Biryani Chicken Ida and I have tasted. Lawrence coordinated Dom for our first two courses then a light Belgian beer (leffe) for our final courses.

However, Lawrence went far above & beyond with the desert, coordinating with Jorge for each of us to have a decadent Grand Marnier Soufflé. Pls enjoy pix below:

iceatseadinner001_zps40773f03.jpg

iceatseadinner005_zps91d9b0e6.jpg

iceatseadinner008_zps58f750c2.jpg

iceatseadinner010_zpsacbca5ff.jpg

iceatseadinner011_zps04bfff87.jpg

iceatseadinner013_zps3fd35bed.jpg

Hope the passenger taken off on e east side of Iceland wasn't very sick, as there is not much there in the way of medical facilities. Maybe an ambulance will speed him to Reykjavik.

Love the Indian dinner pics. As Orpington knows, I am a particular fan of curry and naan. In fact, no one should get between my fork and a good curry.

This is not what I was looking for Wellseasoned. I was hoping for some good Army/Navy fodder instead!

Stumblefoot, Doug and I are both Navy, and he is one of my heroes. However, this brings to mind those yellow shoes Col. Wes was wearing in an earlier post. They remind me of the inflatable ones he wears to swim his laps in the ship's pool. Those Army guys tend to sink without the Navy around.:)

Dieter

Stumblefoot, Doug and I are both Navy, and he is one of my heroes. However, this brings to mind those yellow shoes Col. Wes was wearing in an earlier post. They remind me of the inflatable ones he wears to swim his laps in the ship's pool. Those Army guys tend to sink without the Navy around.:)

Dieter

Now, THAT is what I'm talking about!

I better go get some popcorn so that I can enjoy my wait for Wes's response. smiley-eatdrink062.gif"]smiley-eatdrink062.gif[/url]

Go Army, Beat Navy even in Misuno Wave Rider 16's :)

Good Morning from misty Akureyri, Iceland. It is now about 47F or 8C in misty conditions. Pls enjoy some pix or our sail-in:

akam001_zps58cf237d.jpg

akam002_zpsf751a217.jpg

Silversea Silver Cloud Crew Profile (CCP):

Today, meet the Cloud Stage Manager, Richard.

iceatseacrew001_zps41cbc48d.jpg

Richard hails from Davao, Phillippines, is married with two children ages 8(girl) and 7(boy). Richard is now serving on his first Silversea contract that began last December. His biggest challenge is facing equipment malfunction (Guest Lecturer’s speaker goes out). What Richard likes most about serving on the Silver Cloud is “seeing the world,” and “having a better day off at sea, than on land”

Colonel Wes I am really enjoying your report and photos.What a great idea having the pictures of the staff.

what I am seeing from this thread is the reasons why we picked Silverseas.Thanks.

Those chickens grow an awful lot of thighs ......:D

Sounds like chicken overdose.

I would normally choose from different ingredients to balance the meal a bit more,still the Grand Marnier souffle is a twist, perhaps Heston is aboard.:D

It could also be because that's the only food found in a crew members cabin that evening.

Sounds like chicken overdose.

I would normally choose from different ingredients to balance the meal a bit more,still the Grand Marnier souffle is a twist, perhaps Heston is aboard.:D

It could also be because that's the only food found in a crew members cabin that evening.

Do you remember when "chicken off the bone" use to be an extra shilling in Soho? Perhaps it was the extra 10p that did it.

I don't know where you have been - Bhindi Bhaji Marnier is often on our menu ...:D

Archived