Lost luggage

fance99

I lost a suitcase in the terminal on disembarkation day. All the reps in the terminal stepped up to help locate but to no avail. Filed a missing report in contacted RCCL already just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them and how long did it take to get results? Missing suitcase returned or compensation. Yes I had cruise care insurance.

I lost a suitcase in the terminal on disembarkation day. All the reps in the terminal stepped up to help locate but to no avail. Filed a missing report in contacted RCCL already just wondering if anyone else has had this happened to them and how long did it take to get results? Missing suitcase returned or compensation. Yes I had cruise care insurance.

My Mom and Step-father had 5 pieces of luggage missing after our last cruise from Baltimore. We waited around for 2 hours while they continued looking for the luggage. Eventually, we were told we had to leave the port, so we began our drive home in horrible rush hour traffic. After about 3 and a half hours to get home (should be around an hour without traffic), we we told that the luggage was found and we needed to pick it up that day. Otherwise, we would not get the luggage for about 2 weeks. After making a half a dozen calls to RCCL and C&A, they finally agreed to set up something with the port security and let us pick up the luggage the next day. Thy refused to send us the luggage like they do when luggage is lost with the airlines (by a shuttle service). Since they had medical stuff as part of the items in the luggage, they couldn't wait the 2 weeks to have the luggage sent through UPS ground (they sad that they wouldn't send them until the next weekend and it would take about a week after that). In the end, my Mom drove back to the Port of Baltimore the next day in rush hour traffic and got the luggage.

Needless to say, it was a horrible experience. No one ever explained where the luggage was during the 2 hours that supposedly everyone was searching the ship and terminal. We have traveled through this port many times without any problems. My biggest issue was RCCL not really accepting any responsibility for the extra hassle that ended our vacation in a bad way. Hopefully, this is a once in a lifetime experience an we will never have to go through that again.

I am sorry you had the issue with the luggage. Also glad to hear yours was recovered. On our last 3 cruises we had elected to carry ours off. I am glad RCI provides that option and I will continue to do in the future. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats why we carry our luggage off.

After one of our cruises ending in Ft. Lauderdale, we couldn't find one piece of luggage. It was a huge dufflebag, well marked. My husband who left early for the airport couldn't find it and later when I got off the cruise with my elderly parents (we were going to stay in Florida a few days) I looked and looked to no avail. I filed the report and left.

The next morning I got a phone call from a Greyhound Bus driver in Mississippi!! She said after she had off loaded all her passengers who were from our cruise, there was our bag all alone. She had no idea how it got on her bus.

She told me she would put it on a bus to Las Vegas and we received it, unopened and in good condition a few days later. Thank you lady bus driver!!

The surprising part was that RCL NEVER called or contacted us in any way what so ever. As far as they know the luggage was never found. That made me a little sad.

One time leaving Boston one of our suitcases was no where to be found. We looked for a few hours, looked everywhere for it including the unmarked baggage room, and still it was no where to be found. Somewhere during this time i noticed an unclaimed bag in our staging area that was similar to ours in color and size. (Although this bag had a huge purple yarn pompom on it - so it could be easily spotted by its owner :rolleyes:) and I told DH and the porter that had been helping us that I bet that's who has our bag. DH tried to call the number on the contact info but it was a home number in Canada instead of a cell number.

After 2 1/2 hours of looking i began to fill out a lost baggage form and heard a disturbance behind me. The agent and I turned around and a guy was raising heck with a police officer and trying to get back into the terminal with our suitcase. He was screaming that someone had given him the wrong bag and blaming everyone for him being late to the airport. Never once accepting that he missed the huge purple pompom on his own suitcase and had the wrong bag loaded into his taxi. Well - he didn't accept responsibility until the port agent explained it to him very loudly and sternly as well as pointing out that HE had caused a lot of people to spend a lot of time looking for a bag that he had taken - and he just needed to be quiet. Lol. She was still pointing it out to him as they both walked away - with his purple Pom Pom marked bag...smh

Of course I will also mention that he and his wife almost ran us over leaving the ship :rolleyes:.

It all ended well for us in this case however I am now very careful about what I don't carry off the ship myself.

Hope your bag shows up.

Karen

My Mom and Step-father had 5 pieces of luggage missing after our last cruise from Baltimore. We waited around for 2 hours while they continued looking for the luggage. Eventually, we were told we had to leave the port, so we began our drive home in horrible rush hour traffic. After about 3 and a half hours to get home (should be around an hour without traffic), we we told that the luggage was found and we needed to pick it up that day. Otherwise, we would not get the luggage for about 2 weeks. After making a half a dozen calls to RCCL and C&A, they finally agreed to set up something with the port security and let us pick up the luggage the next day. Thy refused to send us the luggage like they do when luggage is lost with the airlines (by a shuttle service). Since they had medical stuff as part of the items in the luggage, they couldn't wait the 2 weeks to have the luggage sent through UPS ground (they sad that they wouldn't send them until the next weekend and it would take about a week after that). In the end, my Mom drove back to the Port of Baltimore the next day in rush hour traffic and got the luggage.

Needless to say, it was a horrible experience. No one ever explained where the luggage was during the 2 hours that supposedly everyone was searching the ship and terminal. We have traveled through this port many times without any problems. My biggest issue was RCCL not really accepting any responsibility for the extra hassle that ended our vacation in a bad way. Hopefully, this is a once in a lifetime experience an we will never have to go through that again.

"Horrible experience"? Really?:rolleyes: Not fun, but you got your bag and worse things can happen in life. If the temporary loss of some luggage is such a traumatic experience perhaps one should reconsider their travel plans.

They lost the bag, found it, offered to return it. What more should they do regarding "accepting resposibility"?

Never put "medical stuff" that you can't do without for two weeks in checked baggage.

After a Southern Caribbean cruise my Mom could not find her luggage at the terminal. Their was one piece of luggage left that looked exactly like hers. I assumed that someone took her bag without looking at the name tag to confirm it was theirs. So I took the luggage tag which had a contact number on it. It was for a doctor in Arizona. So I called his office and explained the situation. They called him on his cellphone. Two minutes later he called me wanting to know why I was calling him. He just got to the airport and was getting ready to check in the bags at curbside. I told him to look at his luggage tag because I am sure that you have my Mom's bag since I have yours here at the cruise terminal. Needless to say my assumption was correct and he rushed back to the cruise terminal and we exchanged bags. I'm glad we didn't have a flight to catch since we were spending a few nights in San Juan before heading home.

By the way, the RCI reps at the terminal were useless. All they wanted to do was give us a form to fill out. I had to conduct the investigation on my own.

This could be so easily avoided if only folks would check the luggage tag on a bag before assuming it is their bag! I used to think if I put colorful ribbons and/or tape on my bags that no one would mistake it for theirs but after reading this thread sounds like that doesn't work either.

People please take a moment before grabbing a bag, check the tag and make sure it belongs to you.

Happened to my Sister - Stolen? -

This is why, with only one suitcase, we "Carry Off"

Coming off of the Oasis,, you betcha' we'll be carrying our luggage off. There's no way I'd want to try and find it with that many people. Complete chaos!!

I'm cruelly kind of nervous even leaving our bags with the porter, not that I'd keep anything valuable in a checked bag, but still. I guess we will see:)

Coming off of the Oasis,, you betcha' we'll be carrying our luggage off. There's no way I'd want to try and find it with that many people. Complete chaos!!

I'm cruelly kind of nervous even leaving our bags with the porter, not that I'd keep anything valuable in a checked bag, but still. I guess we will see:)

Actually the luggage is arranged in a very orderly manor and I wish all of the terminals were as easy to find your luggage as Terminal18. You walk off he ship and the luggage is arranged in numbered rows, porter picks it up and off to customs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

This could be so easily avoided if only folks would check the luggage tag on a bag before assuming it is their bag! I used to think if I put colorful ribbons and/or tape on my bags that no one would mistake it for theirs but after reading this thread sounds like that doesn't work either.

People please take a moment before grabbing a bag, check the tag and make sure it belongs to you.

There was an article...I think it was in the newspaper. Anyway, the travel writer had put a bright orange duct tape "X" on his bag. There was a similar bag rolling around the carousel, and he spotted an elderly woman rolling his away.

He chased after and asked her, "Didn't you see the big orange X on the bag?"

And she replied, "Yes...and I wondered who had done that to my suitcase!" :D:):D

We have never had a problem with our bags because and we have been on 4 cruises. I went to the dollar store and bought eguana animals to tie on to the top of each checked bag. Works great. We just look for the eguana animals. Just look for animals , teddy bears, Santa's etc. that can be tied on like around the neck or leg securely. Works so easy to spot your luggage since so much luggage all look alike. Hope this helps.

Five of us got off the Explorer with about 15 pieces of luggage (violated rule #1 don't over pack). Bags are packed to the ceiling in the SUV. We get back home to Philly and our friends garment bag is missing (violated rule #2 - count your bags).

Called Port Liberty and they confirm they have the bag. Since it's a 2 hour ride back to the port we ask what can we do? Port says "no problem we will ship it UPS to your home - NO CHARGE!"

So you will never hear me complain about pier workers again.

Lou

................. so we began our drive home in horrible rush hour traffic. After about 3 and a half hours to get home (should be around an hour without traffic), .................................................................In the end, my Mom drove back to the Port of Baltimore the next day in rush hour traffic and got the luggage.

Err....... why do it in the rush hour when you had already established it would take so much longer than the usual journey ?? :confused:

I guess you have never used terminal #18, best cruise terminal in the world!

We were on the Allure this past April, our biggest piece of luggage went for a ride on a bus. Several people helped looked for the luggage. We were even asked if we didn't leave it in our room (they had someone go back and check)! Really I think we would remember if we left it in the room!!!

After several people that worked there telling us, "this never happens", we ended up filling out a missing report. We left to the airport and about to board my husbands cell phone rings some lady driving a bus had our luggage!!!!!!!

We live in Texas, we called RCCl and they said they would fedex it! Received it one week later with everything in it.

It does happen , Always put your phone # on luggage tag. We got lucky but wasn't very happy about the situation.

Sent from my MZ617 using Forums mobile app

Archived