United Airline

amberben

Just a little point...UA doesn't have "Premium Economy" they have "Economy +" seating. (exit rows, and rows of seats with extra legroom.). Premium Econ is a separate class like Business and first. British Airways, Cathy Pacific and Qantas are a few of the airlines that have this class of service. (you actually get extra award miles and elite qual points/miles for booking in this class).

Just be aware if you chose the E+ seating on a UA flight the price varies from seat to seat. An isle seat in an exit row will be priced higher that a middle seat for example. Also you can buy an annual subsription for E+ seating. Depending on how many flights you are taking in a year it can save you money. I just bought the sub the other day and have three flight sched between now and Feb and using the annual E+ fee I an only about $80 short of covering the cost of the sub. The price for E+ is based on seats and length of trip. (My next flight for example is from Houston to Charlotte and back. The want $40 from IAH-CLT and $43 from CLT-IAH. Flight is only 913 miles each way so you can see it can add up quickly.)

Hi, Bill and I are traveling over to fort Lauderdale with United Airline in November. Am I right in thinking this isnt a very good airline.? I seem to remember others years some people mentioned it.?

Brenda x

Just back from 2 United flights in the US. Horrible flights.

Seats are VERY narrow <17"wide. NO leg room. I'm a petite thin female & I could not move in my seat. The planes were filthy. Left over sandwich (some other pax) in the seat pocket.

I always wipe down my tray table and ar rests with a Purell Wipe-the wipe turned balck.

If you can change your flights do so. You have a long flight and should be comfortable.

Carole

AA, United, Delta, they're all the same. As long as they get you there on time that's all that matters any more. The "horror story" in previous post could happen on any of them:rolleyes: To say any of the major US carriers are better or worse than the others is silly. We've had some perfectly fine flights on United the past couple years. The seats were NOT narrow or short on leg room.......

Just back from 2 United flights in the US. Horrible flights.

Seats are VERY narrow <17"wide. NO leg room. I'm a petite thin female & I could not move in my seat. The planes were filthy. Left over sandwich (some other pax) in the seat pocket.

I always wipe down my tray table and ar rests with a Purell Wipe-the wipe turned balck.

If you can change your flights do so. You have a long flight and should be comfortable.

Carole

There are no aircraft in the United fleet, even Regional Jets, that have seat width less than 17". Most aircraft in the United fleet are 17-18.5" in economy class, though some are slightly more. In fact, none of the major US airlines (UA, DL, AA, US, WN (Southwest)) have seat widths narrower than 17". The only airline that has across the board 17" width is actually Southwest, meaning they have the narrowest seat width average of any major airline in the US (even including Spirit, whose narrowest seats are 17.75")

Guess you won't be cruising in Asia, Europe or South America. Or does cruising just mean one more visit to Senor Frog?

Ouch! that stung...yeah I will eventually need to take a flight once I can afford to blow 3,000+ on a single vacation. But I'm still in my twenties so I'm quite glad that I can take advantage of the FL discounts and not have to pay for a flight to take a cruise in the Caribbean.

I live in Florida and fly to plenty of other cities to cruise..

When sailing to Alaska? I have to fly to the West Coast, when sailing

to Bermuda, I have to fly to New Jersey...when cruising out of

Europe...gee....flying across the pond.

Living in Florida? Does not mean a person only cruises out of Florida.:eek:

I live in Florida and fly to plenty of other cities to cruise..

When sailing to Alaska? I have to fly to the West Coast, when sailing

to Bermuda, I have to fly to New Jersey...when cruising out of

Europe...gee....flying across the pond.

Living in Florida? Does not mean a person only cruises out of Florida.:eek:

I think you missed the sarcasm about living in FL and not flying.:cool:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Hey Lifeguard, Many of us in FL pay such high taxes and condo dues we are lucky to afford a flight.I feel for you. After being ripped off many times in MB I moved back to CO. Sometimes only airline off season is now United. They are tolerable on domestic, but never on any long flights.

Archived