Diminished Elite Benefits?

AJs Grandpa

[SIZE=4]We always phone room service and have our mini liquors swapped out for vodka. They like everyone else are busy that first day so I request that make the exchange at the first opportunity, sometime it get done within hours sometimes it is the next day. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I don't recall getting the lip balm on the Ruby last month.....I feel a letter coming on.:D[/SIZE]

[quote name='Go-Bucks!']You can also exchange the minibar setup for soda pop and/or 16oz. bottles of water on a one-to-one basis (get 20 of them). We've done this before.[/quote]

That's what I do too, but it's a really poor value compared to
the coffee cards. Now, I just have to learn to like coffee more...

[quote name='abbydancer']We usually exchange set up 1 for 1 with mostly bottles of still water. We keep a couple of sodas, the whiskey and the vodka.

We keep the vodka because at our family thanksgiving we make a penne a la vodka, and we're hoping to save enough of them so that we can bring them and not have to buy a bottle and throw half of it out.

I wonder if we can change out half the setup for one coffee card.

And I've never seen a sewing kit.[/QUOTE]

You can change all your miniature bottles for one type We always have 8 bottles of Cognac as Brandy is our tipple.

[quote name='antsp']We had to ask for lip balm on our August Ruby cruise, look forward 10 years whats Princess or cruising in general going to be like.[/quote]

Pay toilets in the cabin and the international café will be replaced with Keurig machines and pay dispensers for the pods. :p

[quote name='IECalCruiser']It isn't the steward's job and with 18+ cabins, they don't have spare time to do someone else's job. We call Room Service, it is their job, and they are usually there in 15-30 minutes with the changes. Last cruise we accepted an upsell from a mini to a full suite. Changed out one setup for 10 Heineken and 10 waters and got two coffee cards for DW and DD for the other set-up. Everyone was happy :)[/quote]This is directly from the Elite Mini-Bar FAQ:

"Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked? Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. [B]Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection.[/B] Certain restrictions apply."

[quote name='IECalCruiser']It isn't the steward's job and with 18+ cabins, they don't have spare time to do someone else's job. We call Room Service, it is their job, and they are usually there in 15-30 minutes with the changes. Last cruise we accepted an upsell from a mini to a full suite. Changed out one setup for 10 Heineken and 10 waters and got two coffee cards for DW and DD for the other set-up. Everyone was happy :)[/QUOTE]

I never knew this was room services area. From now on I will put my mini bar requests through room service rather than my cabin steward. Good to know! This is why I love these forums; I'm always learning something new! :)

[quote name='pablo222']That's what I do too, but it's a really poor value compared to
the coffee cards. Now, I just have to learn to like coffee more...[/quote]

We also do the coffee cards, but that time we had 2 cards each already and felt like getting the pop and water. Next time we'll get cards since our current ones are now getting low. ;)

[quote name='mrell345']Pay toilets in the cabin and the international café will be replaced with Keurig machines and pay dispensers for the pods. :p[/QUOTE]

And then there will be a ton of posts on how to smuggle the pods on board! :D

[quote name='mrell345']Pay toilets in the cabin and the international café will be replaced with Keurig machines and pay dispensers for the pods. :p[/quote]

Geez! Do not give them any ideas! And those "brains" up in Seattle would probably buy the Vue machines and charge 25 times more for their pods.

Hank

If cotton balls and Q-tips are a must have than you should try Celebrity. They provide those items and refill them as needed to every passenger no matter their status. They also provide Shampoo, separate conditioner and body lotion the way Princess did or does (don't know if it changed) on the grand class ships.

[quote name='cruise&travelgirl']I never knew this was room services area. From now on I will put my mini bar requests through room service rather than my cabin steward. Good to know! This is why I love these forums; I'm always learning something new! :)[/quote]Actually it says on the card accompanying the setup that one should call Room Service for changes to the minibar contents.

Since I am one person, and am now Elite, I wonder if I can switch half the set up in exchange for one coffee card, which I would, but having to get two seems a little much. And no, I'm not looking to make another passenger very happy. :)

[quote name='RumbLine']Thicker robes too?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately no...:(
[quote name='Wehwalt']Since I am one person, and am now Elite, I wonder if I can switch half the set up in exchange for one coffee card, which I would, but having to get two seems a little much. And no, I'm not looking to make another passenger very happy. :)[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't hurt to ask room service to split your request because they may do it for you. :)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Just for the record: I like the waffle robes better than those heavy terry ones.

I'm 5'2'' at less than 110 lbs. ....and while they are always quite big on me, they are light weigh so have no problem wrapping them around. I'm sort of use to having to do this with "one size fits most" things.

LuLu
~~~~ [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Firststatecruiser']I was on the Royal in September and did not receive any amenities. I asked for an emory board and was told that it was not available.[/QUOTE]
If you are an elite member?If you are you should have asked to speak with your cabin stewards supervisor this would have made a big difference..

Archived