Pinnacle at age 25!!!

Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

Just got back from a cruise, where the loyalty ambassador mentioned that there was a guest onboard who, at age 23, was roughly 150 points away from Pinnacle. Based on the cruises booked, this person would surpass 700 points at the age of 25!!!

Could you imagine being 25 and Pinnacle!!!??

I think that is really cool! :)

Edited by TexCruise371

Must have a family member with lots of money! Don't care!! Not jealous, just don't care. Flame away, I wear fire proof clothes.

You'll get no flames from me. In fact, I don't see this as an accomplishment at all. An accomplishment would be a degree. Pinnacle at 25 is just bizarre to me.

You'll get no flames from me. In fact, I don't see this as an accomplishment at all. An accomplishment would be a degree. Pinnacle at 25 is just bizarre to me.

haha. Yeah, I'd rather have my degree than Pinnacle.

Still, I think it is great that he is on track to make Pinnacle so at such a young age.

This is pretty amazing. Likely traveled with parents/grandparents in suites. And could live in FL and have lots of short cruises before the new point system was started.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the case. Those short cruises were often crazy inexpensive if you could book at the last minute. When I was a child, for almost 10 years my grandmother took me to her lake house every summer, for a week or two at a time, and then probably every other weekend. I'm sure the cost of that home, all that went with it, and those trips, with gas money and eating out all the time, would've gotten me to pinnacle if she'd been paying for three day cruises instead (based on the old system of course).

Lucky kid.

Hmmm... 700 points divided by 2 (assumes traveling in suites) = 350 days divided by 25 years = 14 days per year, or two cruises per year. That seems very reasonable, and maybe you can assume three cruise one year, or one or two longer cruise (Panama Canal, TA, etc.). Not so unbelievable, and not requiring that much time, relatively speaking.

He didn't actually have to GO on any cruises at all to get to Pinnacle status...just his parents did. Children who live in the same house used to achieve the same status as their parents. I don't if this has changed or not. Our children are Diamond and have only been on 2-3 cruises each!

Wow...any pinnacles want to adopt me :D

He didn't actually have to GO on any cruises at all to get to Pinnacle status...just his parents did. Children who live in the same house used to achieve the same status as their parents. I don't if this has changed or not. Our children are Diamond and have only been on 2-3 cruises each!

Pinnacle doesn't pass to children, it does for all the other levels.

After children's 18th birthdays their status goes to what it would be based on their number of cruises, not their parents. So this person has 550 of their own points.

My understanding is the parent's status (in this case D+) would pass on to their children, but not their number of points. Point count would be what the kid actually earned with his sailings. He could be a D+ with 50 points, but in this case we know his actual points are closing in on Pinnacle, so he suffered through all those cruises....

Do I understand this right???

Pinnacle doesn't pass to children, it does for all the other levels.

After children's 18th birthdays their status goes to what it would be based on their number of cruises, not their parents. So this person has 550 of their own points.

Correct. Pinnacle is the only level for which the person must have personally travelled on all of the requisite cruises.

I can't help but think this young person must of missed out on a lot of everyday stuff being on a ship so much so young.

Someone else already did the math--this is 2-4 weeks of vacation per year. That does not sound like missing out on much to me :rolleyes:

Of course, my 14 and 16 year olds would be about half way to Pinnacle had we done all of our cruises on one line. As is, we did not even sail RCI until 3 years ago, so they are only Emerald at this point, and only have the highest tier on Disney, whose high is not that much.

I think my kids average 8 weeks a year on vacation with the family, and another 1-4 on school trips, at camp, scouting trips, etc.

I am not sure what they are missing out on while getting to have all those adventures--but feel free to feel sorry for them if you want to. They don't feel sorry for themselves, so I am not overly worried.