Melbourne Port Guide

Fletch1

Hello all,

I have read quite a few threads asking for information on things to do in Melbourne and around the port area.

I have put a small document together with some information on the Melbourne CBD and Port area and things to do and see. I hope it assists someone. This has also been posted in the Ports of Call section.

I hope you enjoy your visit to this wonderful city.

2014 Melbourne Port Guide.pdf

Thanks Fletch1. This is just what I have been looking for. I have only been to Melbourne a couple of times for work & my wife has never been there so this is the perfect guide for us for our upcoming day visit on Rhapsody.

Thanks again for going to the effort to put this together.

Cheers,

Mark

What an excellent document - well done. Like Mr Jester I have been to Melbourne only on business and sadly not on a cruiseship, but I have been to the port area and the information is very accurate from my limited experience. I have had lunch at two of the pier side restaurants as it is very convenient for my customer to meet me there.

Just like to mention that if somone would like to have a good pub meal experience, in a very old & historic pub,not too far form the pier I can highly recommend

O'Connell's Centenary Hotel

Cnr Coventry and Montague Streets, South Melbourne

Happy cruising

Well done, good info there and helpful to those considering the Coastal drive.

If you did not want to do the full drive you could also turn left at Geelong and visit the Wool Museum for a break and then head on to Queenscliff and catch the car ferry across to Sorrento. Perhaps duck in for a bite to eat at one of the cafes on Ocean Beach Rd before heading off to Melbourne via the coastal roads or join the freeway if running out of time.

Not as dramatic scenery but nevertheless a nice bayside drive through some of Melbourne's suburbs.

I also noted from my last visit that there is a bicycle self serve hire rack on the side walk a few hundred metres up the esplanade when you turn right out of the pier.

Hugh

Hello all,

I have read quite a few threads asking for information on things to do in Melbourne and around the port area.

I have put a small document together with some information on the Melbourne CBD and Port area and things to do and see. I hope it assists someone. This has also been posted in the Ports of Call section.

Thanks so much for sharing this.

I forgot to mention Fletch1 is on our Golden Princess-South America cruise, Buenos Aires to LA, 1 March-1 April next year. He has done and is doing a lot of good work getting involved in private tours, meet and greets etc. A born planner !

Hello all,

Thank you for this great information and maps, which I have printed for use next year.

Hi there,

What a great port guide to Melbourne and thank you for creating it. Are there any other guides you have done for any other ports?

Kind regards,

Derek

Hello all,